Human-animal Hybrids!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Human-animal Hybrids!!!

catching up on what i didn't watch last night, i stumbled across this important part of the POTUS's SOTU speech last night:

[q]Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms; creating or implanting embryos for experiments; creating human-animal hybrids[/q]

HUMAN-ANIMAL HYBRIDS!?!?!?!

thank goodness our president is onto this already. i've been fearing the North Korean creation of human-ape-mole hybrids, intended to create an army of docile, yet fearsome and strong, and perhaps orc-like, warriors that will invade South Korea at a moment's notice. i'm also concerned about the possible future existence of minotaurs, and what this might mean for our nation's children. how confusing it would be to get away from traditional notions of humahood -- are you a man or are you a horse? will we soon see books titled, "Heather has a Mommy and a Minotaur, that's why she beats the rest of us in track"?

i am so glad we have such an astute president who is able to forsee potential problems that have not happened yet. as we know, the problem with guns that are hidden is you can't see their smoke.

think about it.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^

You must admit - wether liking him or not - he's on top of ALL the pertinant issues.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Re: Human-animal Hybrids!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
catching up on what i didn't watch last night, i stumbled across this important part of the POTUS's SOTU speech last night:

[q]Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research: human cloning in all its forms; creating or implanting embryos for experiments; creating human-animal hybrids[/q]

HUMAN-ANIMAL HYBRIDS!?!?!?!

thank goodness our president is onto this already. i've been fearing the North Korean creation of human-ape-mole hybrids, intended to create an army of docile, yet fearsome and strong, and perhaps orc-like, warriors that will invade South Korea at a moment's notice. i'm also concerned about the possible future existence of minotaurs, and what this might mean for our nation's children. how confusing it would be to get away from traditional notions of humahood -- are you a man or are you a horse? will we soon see books titled, "Heather has a Mommy and a Minotaur, that's why she beats the rest of us in track"?

i am so glad we have such an astute president who is able to forsee potential problems that have not happened yet. as we know, the problem with guns that are hidden is you can't see their smoke.

think about it.
Would you prefer this be addressed now, or after the experimentation has occurred?

I clerked for a law professor who's area of expertice was medical ethics. The issues lightly touched on during the speech have been discussed for decades. It is not a phantom concern.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

He was going to talk about the rise of people with mutant powers, but he realized he wouldn't have anything to talk about next year.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Human-animal Hybrids!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Would you prefer this be addressed now, or after the experimentation has occurred?

I clerked for a law professor who's area of expertice was medical ethics. The issues lightly touched on during the speech have been discussed for decades. It is not a phantom concern.

we're going to need something to battle the evil human-ape-mole hybrids from North Korea, so i say it should be legal.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

What is this really about?

We have people recieveing heart valves from pigs now.

There is probably other cross species medicine.

Is this about creating some type of organ transplants to save lives?

I can go back and dig up newspaper articles about the opposition to human heart transplants,
as being barbaric and against all human decency in the beginning.

Is it about Dr Moreau
or something else?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
we're going to need something to battle the evil human-ape-mole hybrids.
Not that this contributes anything to the discussion, but this reminds me of a strange misperception I had as a small child about the civil war then going on in Lebanon and the strikes made on Israel from across the border by PLO guerillas, which were a not infrequent source of discussion between my parents. I kept hearing all this talk of "gorilla bases" and being a Planet of the Apes fan, I naturally imagined that that must more or less be what these sinister "gorillas" I kept hearing about were like. I used to pray at night for all those poor Lebanese civilians and journalists who were living through the indignity of being held hostage by gorillas, hoping they could be brave like Charlton Heston and maybe even snarl back, "Get your hands off me you damned dirty apes!"

Another reason why trying to explain complex conflict situations to children under the age of 10 or so is probably a lost cause...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:56 PM
I guess he really wants to see X-men in real life. Or Island of Dr. Manreau. Or he is Following Stalins example.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

Not that this contributes anything to the discussion, but this reminds me of a strange misperception I had as a small child about the civil war then going on in Lebanon and the strikes made on Israel from across the border by PLO guerillas, which were a not infrequent source of discussion between my parents. I kept hearing all this talk of "gorilla bases" and being a Planet of the Apes fan, I naturally imagined that that must more or less be what these sinister "gorillas" I kept hearing about were like. I used to pray at night for all those poor Lebanese civilians and journalists who were living through the indignity of being held hostage by gorillas, hoping they could be brave like Charlton Heston and maybe even snarl back, "Get your hands off me you damned dirty apes!"

Another reason why trying to explain complex conflict situations to children under the age of 10 or so is probably a lost cause...

OMG! i totally understand -- i had the *exact* same thoughts, except it involved Nicaragua and El Salvador, i being a child of the 80s.

i also remember being really confused about "illegal aliens" -- as a dedicated "Unsolved Mysteries" watcher, i got really upset because i had somehow missed the big discovery that not only did aliens exist, but they wanted to immigrate here.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:

OMG! i totally understand -- i had the *exact* same thoughts, except it involved Nicaragua and El Salvador, i being a child of the 80s.

i also remember being really confused about "illegal aliens" -- as a dedicated "Unsolved Mysteries" watcher, i got really upset because i had somehow missed the big discovery that not only did aliens exist, but they wanted to immigrate here.

LOL Sorry funny
Old 02-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Hahahahahaha!

We can barely grow our own stem cells in the lab without contaminating and killing most of them and he's talking about this nonsense.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

yeah,

We have a

legal alien

hybrid

as Governor of Kaleefoornia
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:56 PM
Future research into xenotransplantation perhaps
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I hate to say it, but Bush didn't make this one up.

From National Geographic:
Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

Quote:
Scientists have begun blurring the line between human and animal by producing chimeras—a hybrid creature that's part human, part animal.

Chinese scientists at the Shanghai Second Medical University in 2003 successfully fused human cells with rabbit eggs. The embryos were reportedly the first human-animal chimeras successfully created. They were allowed to develop for several days in a laboratory dish before the scientists destroyed the embryos to harvest their stem cells.

In Minnesota last year researchers at the Mayo Clinic created pigs with human blood flowing through their bodies.

And at Stanford University in California an experiment might be done later this year to create mice with human brains.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

OK, I know next to nothing about this stuff, so someone like anitram will probably have to clean up what I'm trying to say, but I know that in Iowa they clone cows with some human DNA, or something from humans. Then the cows' milk contains something we need, like antigens? Then they save it all incase of nuclear holocaust. It sounds like the plot for a bad conspiracy theory movie, but it's true. I guess it's not really controversial since it's not like human parts are involved.