how to tell if your child is a homosexual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Are we trying to find a way to defend this guy?:eyebrow:

I'm not trying to defend anyone. I just found the quote to be so off the edge I had trouble believing he said it. So far I can't find that he, or anyone, actually did.

Irvine511 said:

in the article, someone writes a letter to Dobson about the subject, and he spends lots of space quoting Nicolosi and recommends his book to parents who are concerned about their possibly pre-homoseuxal children.

it's not a Dobson quote, but it is a quote endorsed by Dobson.

I'm referring to the section about putting a rubber band around the leg of the infant. And I can't find it anywhere. So I'm not certain it even exists.

stammer476 said:

I'm referring to the section about putting a rubber band around the leg of the infant. And I can't find it anywhere. So I'm not certain it even exists.

i can try and dig it up for you tomorrow.

i found the link to the Dobson website on a left-leaning gay news website. there's a chance that Dobson's people removed the link from their website.

2Hearts said:

I love that too. I've stared at it many times, and I'm a straight guy. It puts pics of Steve Kilbey to shame. :wink:

Hey! Don't knock my Stevester! :grumpy: I don't read this thread for several days only to find you slagging of Stevie K. :mad:

I will actually admit that photos don't do SK justice. But in person.... :combust: I'd do him. :D

....of course my post has nothing at all to do with this thread.... :shifty: :reject:

Irvine511 said:
i can try and dig it up for you tomorrow.

i found the link to the Dobson website on a left-leaning gay news website. there's a chance that Dobson's people removed the link from their website.

Thanks, Irivine, I'd appreciate that. I wondered if they took it down. Either that, or deep was playing a trick on all of us. :wink:

Regardless of what specifics you find, "Focus on the Family" is a highly homophobic organization, and "Dr." Dobson is plain obsessed. I think he needs to stop scapegoating an unpopular minority for all the world's problems.

Melon

melon said:
Regardless of what specifics you find, "Focus on the Family" is a highly homophobic organization, and "Dr." Dobson is plain obsessed. I think he needs to stop scapegoating an unpopular minority for all the world's problems.

Melon

Can't comment one way or the other on the authenticity of that quote, but your comments here, melon, I can definitely agree with you on.

Also, :hug:s to indra :D.

Angela

stammer476 said:

Thanks, Irivine, I'd appreciate that. I wondered if they took it down. Either that, or deep was playing a trick on all of us. :wink:

can't find the rubber band thing ... i'll have to defer to Deep on this one ... but the book is called "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality," by Joseph Nicolosi

Irvine511 said:
but the book is called "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality," by Joseph Nicolosi

My b/f owns it as a joke. But it makes me mad to even look at it. Pseudoscience pisses me off as much as romanticism.

Melon

stammer476 said:
Well, I discovered my google search didn't work because that's not the right article. The first sentence is there, but the rest goes onto something else.

:yikes: Sorry about that, stammer. I just saw that sentence came up and neglected to check it was as part of the same article deep referred to.

I remember when I was little my father used to show me a cartoons either made or produced by Focus on the Family. I should find them and burn them.:wink:

Seriously though, this shit is funny, sad and scary all at the same time.:yikes:

Barbies annoyed me when I was little. All I played with was dinosaur animal toys. I was really into those. I remember me and my sister had a HUGE tub of dino toys we used to play with. My sister always annoyed me because she always played the meat eaters and killed me. :madspit: And niether of us are lesbians. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, but FOF and Dr. Dobson are perpetuating stereotypes which aren't good.

Back
Top Bottom