how to tell if your child is a homosexual - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:00 PM
When I was a kid, I played with both "girl" and "boy" toys. I played with dolls and had a couple of dollhouses and played with those constantly. But I also played with toy cars and had some action figure toys and such, and I also pretended to be male characters from my favorite movies. I also hate wearing makeup, and rarely ever wear jewelry or dress up or put on nail polish or mess with my hair or stuff like that. So I can only imagine what these groups would say about people like me .

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I know James Dobson's problem-he saw a woman breastfeeding her baby in a stadium. Sadly the scars remain
LOL . And I liked financeguy's brochures, too. Good idea, those .

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMoo
These people need to let go of the idea that they can change God's will. If you are gay that is his will.
Yeah, really. They're presuming to know what God wants/override his will...I thought that was a sin in their beloved book. Go figure hypocrites, huh?

Also, geez, going by these things this "family" group (from now on I think I'll put that word in quotations when I refer to groups like this, because I really don't understand how this kind of attitude is a "good family" one), some of my favorite musicians should be gay, 'cause they've worn makeup, dressed in drag, and expressed sensitive feelings through music...all during their adult years, long after the time these people suggest these sorts of issues be sorted out. And yet, from what I understand, they're all as straight as can be. Hmmm. I wonder how that worked out?

A to your friend, VertigoGal...I feel so sad for people who live in households with people who support this "family" group's kind of thinking and stuff like that. And to this idiot group's suggestion about stopping a woman from being "too interested" (how the hell do you determine that?) in a breast.

James Dobson and the "family" groups along these lines can, quite simply, bite me.

Angela

Old 08-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Ok.... it's 5 hours since my last post in this thread. I've read over the responses since and while the comments being made here give me hope that the whole damn world isn't effin' bonkers -- it still makes me !!!

I just wish I knew what these people are soooo afraid of!! Maybe then I could at least try to see their side of this. As it is, I just write 'em off as absolute quacks & shake my head in shame as a fellow human being.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
I just wish I knew what these people are soooo afraid of!! Maybe then I could at least try to see their side of this. As it is, I just write 'em off as absolute quacks & shake my head in shame as a fellow human being.
Ditto these sentiments completely . I understand your frustration.

Angela
Old 08-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #64
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Wha...?

Is... ghe...

A... h... ga...

B... wh...

(totally fucking speachless. not to mention stuttering with rage.)

These people are the sick ones. Frighteningly, seriously sick. This shit is horrendous.

btw, I hated Barbies and baby dolls, I played with trucks and cars, I begged for a big yellow Tonka dump truck for Xmas when I was six and a couple months later I whacked my nephew over the head with it, when me and all my little girl friends played Dukes of Hazzard I was Bo, I climbed trees and played with blacksnakes, and I loathed wearing dresses and\or anything with lace and bows on it.
Am I supposed to be a lesbian?
'Cause I am so NOT.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

On a side note, there was a gay man who was a former member of the Church of Scientology on Anderson Cooper 360 last night who talked about how Scientologists believe they can "cure" gay people

So it's not just "Christians" (obviously put in quotes for a reason) like Dobson who have these twisted thoughts. Doesn't make it right of course, but just throwing that out there for what it's worth..
Old 08-12-2005, 06:28 AM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
On a side note, there was a gay man who was a former member of the Church of Scientology on Anderson Cooper 360 last night who talked about how Scientologists believe they can "cure" gay people

no wonder Tom Cruise is so into Scientology ... still, judging from the rumors, it hasn't cured him of anything.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
no wonder Tom Cruise is so into Scientology ... still, judging from the rumors, it hasn't cured him of anything.
Ooh... MEE-YOW.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 AM
This is fd up.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by echo0001
These people are the sick ones. Frighteningly, seriously sick. This shit is horrendous.
And these are the people influencing the Republican Party right now. No, they may not be mainstream, but when Focus on the Family hurls a homophobic slur, the Bush Administration listens and offers similarly nonsensical justification for a federal constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

This country is very sick, and Christianity has become a colossal joke.

Melon
Old 08-12-2005, 08:00 AM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

what i find most sad is less the anti-gay rehetoric, but the total fear of diversity and uniqueness. the essence of all of their teachings is that "normal" or "proper" boys behave in one way, and "normal" or "proper" girls behave in another. deviation from this expected standard is to be recognized, addressed, and controlled through parental intervention and professional help if needed.

i thought it was very telling that so-called gay traits -- precocious, interpersonal skills, artistic skills, etc. -- are signs of dysfunction, as opposed to gifts to be nurtured. what is wrong if your boy is quiet, gentle, and prefers piano and paints to football and wrestling? why isn't that okay?

what a dull, dull world we would live in if all men behaved the same way, and all women behaved in another. it's deviation from the norm that provides life with spice, mystery, and is probably the source of much of art -- it is precisely being different, and observations on life made from a point of difference and deviation from the norm, that comprise most great art i can think of, from Rembrant to Shakespeare to Scorcese to REM.

would we even be human if we were all the same?

no, we'd be pod people.

and that's precisely what Dobson and his ilk want. we're here to eat, shit, pray, make money, tithe, and spawn little replicas of ourselves who likewise eat, shit, pray, make money, tithe, and spawn.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:09 AM   #71
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
Someone needs to put together some brochures for the kids of these people, e.g.:-

(1) How to tell if your parent is a whacko

(2) How to cope with troubled parents

etc
Thats a very good idea .
Old 08-12-2005, 08:23 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
according to James Dobson:

"Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. But, they need to be monitored closely. If baby girls are nursed they should only suckle for nourishment. If they seemed too obsessed with the breast or become too excitable at the bare breast this could be an early warning sign of lesbianism. A rubber band around the leg can be helpful here. At times of over excitement a quick snap of the band is excellent aversion therapy for impure thoughts. Even at 18 months proper gender imprinting is possible."

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsl...a0021girls.cfm
So this guy is suggesting you physically abuse your toddler because they supposedly show signs of being gay? I'd like to snap him with a rubber band for saying all these ridiculous things.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
what i find most sad is less the anti-gay rehetoric, but the total fear of diversity and uniqueness. the essence of all of their teachings is that "normal" or "proper" boys behave in one way, and "normal" or "proper" girls behave in another. deviation from this expected standard is to be recognized, addressed, and controlled through parental intervention and professional help if needed.

i thought it was very telling that so-called gay traits -- precocious, interpersonal skills, artistic skills, etc. -- are signs of dysfunction, as opposed to gifts to be nurtured. what is wrong if your boy is quiet, gentle, and prefers piano and paints to football and wrestling? why isn't that okay?

what a dull, dull world we would live in if all men behaved the same way, and all women behaved in another. it's deviation from the norm that provides life with spice, mystery, and is probably the source of much of art -- it is precisely being different, and observations on life made from a point of difference and deviation from the norm, that comprise most great art i can think of, from Rembrant to Shakespeare to Scorcese to REM.

would we even be human if we were all the same?

no, we'd be pod people.

and that's precisely what Dobson and his ilk want. we're here to eat, shit, pray, make money, tithe, and spawn little replicas of ourselves who likewise eat, shit, pray, make money, tithe, and spawn.
. Well said.

Uniqueness can be a good thing. It's a real shame that people like this Dobson guy and these groups fail to realize that. I just wish I knew what made people grow up to think the way those people in those "family" groups do. I just don't understand how people can be like that, can actually support and believe the kinds of ideas expressed there. And MrsSpringsteen, good point to consider, too. More proof of why Scientology would not be for me (also, heh, me-ow indeed, Irvine, regarding the Tom Cruise thing ).

And by the way, I quite like guys who are quiet, gentle, play piano, and paint . I think guys like that can be quite sexy . So Dobson can put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Angela
Old 08-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #74
Refugee

Re: how to tell if your child is a homosexual

Quote:
Evidences of gender confusion or doubt in boys ages 5 to 11 may include:

1. A strong feeling that they are “different” from other boys.
Hmm...I seem to remember another instance where a certain boy was a little "different" than the other boys.

Quote:
3. Recognize that most homosexuals “were not explicitly [so] when they were children. More often, they displayed a ‘nonmasculinity’ that set them painfully apart from other boys: unathletic — somewhat passive, unaggressive and uninterested in rough-and-tumble play. A number of them had traits that could be considered gifts: bright, precocious, social and relational, and artistically talented.”
Quote:
5. A susceptibility to be bullied by other boys, who may tease them unmercifully and call them “queer,” “fag” and “gay.”
Passive aggressive, huh? You mean like turn the other cheek kind of passive aggressive?

("But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." I swear I've heard that somewhere before. Ah well, it was probably just some crazy, treehugger librul propaganda.)

Also, bright and relates well to people? You mean like some kind of teacher or something? Like, my fag son might go around and try to TEACH PEOPLE TRUTHS and BE NICE TO PEOPLE?!? I better look out for that. (Imagine that, some kind man going around teaching people about things. It does sound kind of familiar, though..)

Quote:
4. The father plays an essential role in a boy’s normal development as a man. “The truth is, Dad is more important than Mom. Mothers make boys. Fathers make men.… Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. On the other hand, a boy has an additional developmental task — to disidentify from his mother and identify with his father.”
Exactly. I mean, just look at that one book..I forget what it is..wait a second..it's right on the tip of my ton...OH RIGHT. The Bible. That's it. Look at the Bible. After Jesus' childhood, you hardly ever hear of Mary again. It's obvious that she had the right idea and gave Joseph the opportunity to play his essential fatherly role to allow Jesus to become a real man. Right? I think that's right. Right? Right. Awesome. GOD RULES!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:00 PM
Jesus was an asexual