how to tell if your child is a homosexual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This guy would probably agree with my father's objection over my brother having a My Buddy and Me doll. My father feared that if he had one of those, this would lead to him playing with other dolls, which of course would lead to him being gay. :rolleyes: He tried to convince my mother to get rid of it. Fortunately, my mother didn't follow the same ridiculous thinking he did and let my brother keep it.

Irvine511 said:

1. A strong feeling that they are “different” from other boys.
I was different from everyone.

Irvine511 said:

2. A tendency to cry easily, be less athletic, and dislike the roughhousing that other boys enjoy.
I still cry pretty easily, my sports were karate and tennis not football and baseball.

Irvine511 said:

4. A strong preference to spend time in the company of girls
Um, yeah...

Irvine511 said:

5. A susceptibility to be bullied by other boys, who may tease them unmercifully and call them “queer,” “fag” and “gay.”

I was a small framed guy, I was an easy target.

Damn, I think I might be gay.
:hmm:

I'm glad they cleared that up for me.

:drool: I love my lightsaber!
My hubby got it for me as a wedding gift. It makes noise and lights up :D But he's disappointed that his yoda lightsaber is shorter than my darth vader one :lol:
I wonder why I never hear this stereotype about girls?
I loved playing with boys toys when I was a kid. My barbies were good for nothing other than haircuts, and GI joe fights in the yard. Most of them wound up in flames until my parents wised up and sold them in a garage sale.
I liked playing with boys (and kissing them but thats different :wink: )
And I loved sports.
Nobody ever thought that I might be a lesbian, but if I was a boy and did girl things they would think I might be gay
Sounds kind of unfair to me

The best way to tell if your child is gay is when he or she tells you. And it's already too late when the child is born to change their sexual orientation. These people need to let go of the idea that they can change God's will. If you are gay that is his will.

Irvine511 said:

interesting ... i never had any desire to play with girls things, though i remember finding girlish activities -- playing on the monkey bars, even jump roping -- a bit more fun than most organized sports. except for kickball. and then i found swimming, which i suppose is a bit of a gay sport what with all the Speedos, taught and toned bodies, and shaving your body once or twice a year. ;)
a

I really think he just looked up to his big sister and wanted to play with her. He did like his GI Joe, though. And it's interesting to me that he liked playing with these girlie toys, knew he was gay from a young age, came out freely in the 70s and without any of the usual issues men have coming out, and was actually very masculine. So you can play with very boy things as a child and be gay and masculine, and you can play with girlie things and grow up to be gay and masculine. I was a tomboy. I preferred playing with cars and playing Star Trek with the boys over playing dolls with the girls. I grew up to be a straight girl who likes high heels and lipstick and prissy things. I guess my point in telling the story was to illustrate that you just don't always know what a child is going to be like when they grow up based on how they play, or what they play with, when they're little.

I just had to laugh when the article mentioned a lack of athletic ability is a sign of "the gay." One of my high school's toughest, most rough and tumble, footballs heroes came out of the closet after graduation.

OMG!!!! this is so funny that i can't not post it.

according to James Dobson:

"Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. On the other hand, a boy has an additional developmental task—to disidentify from his mother and identify with his father. At this point [beginning at about eighteen months], a little boy will not only begin to observe the difference, he must now decide, "Which one am I going to be?" In making this shift in identity, the little boy begins to take his father as a model of masculinity. At this early stage, generally before the age of three, Ralph Greenson observed, the boy decides that he would like to grow up like his father. 16 This is a choice. Implicit in that choice is the decision that he would not like to grow up to be like his mother. According to Robert Stoller, "The first order of business in being a man is, 'don't be a woman.'"17

Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger."

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021043.cfm

Holy crap....
It sounds like they are trying to sterilize children for any possible gay germ
my dad played ball with me. It doesnt mean I grew up to be a man
So all boys with single mothers are doomed to be gay? :scratch:

"Which one am I going to be?"

oh God, that's too much. :lmao:

:huh:

My friend has parents that subscribe to all the Focus on the Family magazines and kids magazines and stuff. We have a good time poking fun at the magazines, especially the "Dear Abby" type section. I feel bad for her though; she's not like her parents but they're still her parents and she doesn't want to disappoint them. She's not lesbian as far as I can tell, but still. :shrug:

Irvine511 said:

... the boy's father has to do his part. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger."
http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021043.cfm

:eyebrow: There are sooo many ways I could run with that one statement, I get exhausted just creating the sentences in my head... :tsk:

BluRmGrl said:

:eyebrow: There are sooo many ways I could run with that one statement, I get exhausted just creating the sentences in my head... :tsk:

it's so freakin' funny, i can't handle it.

:laugh:

At least you can laugh at it. :yes: :up: What else you gonna' do but cry, right? :shrug:

Folks who think you can rewire your sexuality are never going to listen to reason and will therefore always wholeheartedly believe in shite like this. :angry:

"Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. But, they need to be monitored closely. If baby girls are nursed they should only suckle for nourishment. If they seemed too obsessed with the breast or become too excitable at the bare breast this could be an early warning sign of lesbianism. A rubber band around the leg can be helpful here. At times of over excitement a quick snap of the band is excellent aversion therapy for impure thoughts. Even at 18 months proper gender imprinting is possible."

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021girls.cfm

deep said:

" If (girls) seemed too obsessed with the breast or become too excitable at the bare breast this could be an early warning sign of lesbianism. A rubber band around the leg can be helpful here. At times of over excitement a quick snap of the band is excellent aversion therapy for impure thoughts. Even at 18 months proper gender imprinting is possible."http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021girls.cfm

WHAT THE FUCK?!?! Pleeeeeezzzzze tell me these people aren't serious!!!! :rant:

OK... it's the end of my workday & this thread has just made me :crazy: so I'm going to my MIL's for a nice dinner & visit. I'll check back with you guys later.

:wave:

deep said:

"Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. But, they need to be monitored closely. If baby girls are nursed they should only suckle for nourishment. If they seemed too obsessed with the breast or become too excitable at the bare breast this could be an early warning sign of lesbianism. A rubber band around the leg can be helpful here. At times of over excitement a quick snap of the band is excellent aversion therapy for impure thoughts. Even at 18 months proper gender imprinting is possible."

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021girls.cfm

:|
This just gets better
They just contradicted themselves here. They say that homosexuality is something learned....then why would an infant have "lesbian traits" if they have had no conditioning to cause it?
:scratch:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I give Bush the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't believe those whacked out theories

maybe I shouldn't be so kind :wink:

well, Bush wants to write discrimination into the Constitution, and he has never said the word "gay" on record.

all for political expediency, though. Laura Bush refuses to talk about the FMA and it's rumored that she's disgusted by it.

on a personal level, i don't think the Bushes have any problem with their myriad friends, employees, fellow Republicans like Ken Mehlman and myriad others, and gay prostitutes who pose as journalists.

When I was little I wished I were a boy...my closest friends were boys...when I played with girls I was always the guy when we did make believe...i was one of two girls on my little league baseball team for goodness sake. Does that make me a lesbian? Hell no! I'm as straight as the come (if you haven't noticed my sig...)

Great article and great point, Irvine as usual :up:

U2democrat said:
When I was little I wished I were a boy...my closest friends were boys...when I played with girls I was always the guy when we did make believe...i was one of two girls on my little league baseball team for goodness sake. Does that make me a lesbian? Hell no! I'm as straight as the come (if you haven't noticed my sig...)

Great article and great point, Irvine as usual :up:

When I was a little girl I was not into playing with baby dolls. However, I loved playing with my Barbies and I loved playing dress up in my mom's old prom dresses, costume jewelry, and discarded lipstick.

That's it...I'm a drag queen.

Irvine511 said:

well, Bush wants to write discrimination into the Constitution, and he has never said the word "gay" on record.

I understand that Irvine, and as you know I don't agree w/ that. I was just talking about what you posted in this thread about Dobson. I would never support Bush taking any cues from him or having any discriminatory policies against homosexuals, as you must realize by now :)

I liked GI Joe much better than Barbie. And I couldn't figure out what my mother wanted me to do with the stupid hair dryer and hairdresser set. And those stupid picky dresses. I did like the Easy Bake oven--but that was because you got CUPCAKES!!!
Even now, if you buy me clothes for Christmas:grumpy: I want TOYS!!! Electronic toys.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I understand that Irvine, and as you know I don't agree w/ that. I was just talking about what you posted in this thread about Dobson. I would never support Bush taking any cues from him or having any discriminatory policies against homosexuals, as you must realize by now :)

totally understand.

:up:

BonosSaint said:
I did like the Easy Bake oven--but that was because you got CUPCAKES!!!

i wanted an Easy Bake oven as well, but for the same reason as you -- CUPCAKES. whenever i wanted them (or so the commercial wants you to believe).

i do enjoy cooking to this day.

stupid Grandmother, taking an interest in her grandson and spending her time lovingly teaching him how to bake Swedish cookies and pastries and prepare bluefish and clams and all sorts of things.

she would have been better off forcing me to go fishing with my grandfather. totally made me gay.

oh wait, i did go fishing with my grandfather ...

deep said:

Excuse my language, but what the fuck is wrong with these people? You should physically hurt an 18-month old baby girl because she seems a bit too interested in boobs? Freaking psychos.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As a Christian, Dobson scares me . . .

I wish he had a rubber band around his leg and we could snap it for every stupid comment he makes. :macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom