How many here are first time voters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm voting for president for the first time (i was not old enough last time by 3 weeks :mad: ), but I have voted in state/local elections twice before

MaxFisher said:
I'm voting for the first time and I'm voting Bush/Cheney.

This will be my first election ever. :) I turned 20 this year and I registered back in April and I,too am voting/have been volunteering for Bush/Cheney :)
woo!
I'm really excited today.

Last edited:
I turned 20 about five weeks ago, so this my first time voting. Kerry/Edwards all the way. I will be beyond depressed if Bush wins this thing.

here's a letter gW sent me:)-

Dear david,

I wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for your support. You've done the hard
work putting up the signs, making the phone calls, sending the emails, and writing the
letters. It comes down to today.

If you haven't voted already, please make sure you get to your voting location and vote today.

There is still time to help get your family and friends to the polls. Simply forward this
message to at least five people and encourage them to vote.

Four years ago, I made a pledge that if you elected me President, I would uphold
the honor and dignity of this office. With your help, today will be the beginning of four
more years.

Sincerely,

This was my first election. I'm 24...I just never voted before because I had always thought my vote never really would matter--I've grown up a lot since the last election. I voted for Kerry. No matter the outcome, I just hope that it is the people and not the supreme court who decides this election this time around.

Thanks to all stood out in the rain to flex your political muscle! :up:

I've voted in past elections, but I just want to say it was very touching and exciting to see so many young, first time voters at the polls this morning. I'm thrilled that so many young people are not apathetic and uncaring but really give a shit. My friend, Cindy, did a lot of work getting young people registered this election year and I am glad that her work was not in vain.

Congrats guys! I can still remember the first time I voted for president -- voted absentee in '96 for Dole while living in London. Things have changed.

This was my third presidential election.

This was my second presidential election.

I remember when I went in 2000! I was 18 and I registered through MTV's Rock the Vote. It was early in the morning, there was only me, my parents, and I think a few elderly people. They were very shocked to see me there. I was really excited and was really disappointed when Gore lost.

This is my sister's first presidential election, and I was proud of her. I pushed her to register and she was never very enthused before. But she watched all the debates (something I didn't even do in 2000) and made up her own mind. I thought that was cool, even if I didn't agree with her choice. :up:

diamond said:
here's a letter gW sent me:)-

Dear david,

I wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for your support. You've done the hard
work putting up the signs, making the phone calls, sending the emails, and writing the
letters. It comes down to today.

If you haven't voted already, please make sure you get to your voting location and vote today.

There is still time to help get your family and friends to the polls. Simply forward this
message to at least five people and encourage them to vote.

Four years ago, I made a pledge that if you elected me President, I would uphold
the honor and dignity of this office. With your help, today will be the beginning of four
more years.

Sincerely,

I got one,too ;) :D LOL

Back
Top Bottom