How many days until Cheney resigns pool.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Pick your date....and time....EST USA

closest to it....

WINS.....

Our admiration....:wink:

Oh, about 2 days, 2 nights and 23,760 hours (length of time until the 2008 election). Give or take a few.

I don't think he'll resign either.

I'm glad your a team player martha. We all appreciate it :up:

The late night comedians are having a blast with this. As Jon Stewart said tonite, basically pleaded for Mr. Whitting to get well.
SNL should be quite interesting this weekend... hopefully it's a new episode on the schedule, what with the Olympics and all.

1 week!
What a Eeegit.:coocoo:

13532.gif

Last edited:
Cheney will no doubt become the first U.S. VP to serve time in jail (assuming G-d forbid his friend dies). He will face an involuntary manslaughter charge and this will be the end of his political career......

}

}

}

}

*wakes up suddenly*

Oops, sorry, I was dreaming about a perfect justice system in which people in high office get what they REALLY deserve....silly me.

In reality, I think he's going to get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

So are you trying to tell me that Cheney should go to jail for accidentally shooting his friend. Sorry, but that is total shite. If you were out hunting and ACCIDENTALLY shot your friend, you wouldn't go to jail. I know you all think this is some sort of executive privelidge, but it isn't. Read the report on the smoking gun.You people amaze me. This forum is called free your mind, but all you do here is bash the administration and then pat one another on the back. Then when someone actually dissents from the status quo opinion, you beat them down into submission. This forum is a joke....

Abomb-baby said:
So are you trying to tell me that Cheney should go to jail for accidentally shooting his friend. Sorry, but that is total shite. If you were out hunting and ACCIDENTALLY shot your friend, you wouldn't go to jail. I know you all think this is some sort of executive privelidge, but it isn't. Read the report on the smoking gun.You people amaze me. This forum is called free your mind, but all you do here is bash the administration and then pat one another on the back. Then when someone actually dissents from the status quo opinion, you beat them down into submission. This forum is a joke....

dude, relax. this is a humorous thread.

find enemies and boogeymen elsewhere.

and where does it say that he should go to jail? someone asked when he was going to *resign*.

Abomb-baby said:

Of friend of mine in high school did accidentally shoot another friend. She died unfortunately, but it was a complete accident.

He did not go to jail but he did do a gazillion hours of community service and had all sorts of other restrictions placed on him including probation. The only reason he did not do jail time is because the girls family supported him.

Abomb-baby said:

Great post. This was a horrible accident with plenty of witnesses. Why would or should Cheney resign for this? As an avid hunter myself, would guess that most people out to lynch Cheney either A) don't know jack or shit about hunting or B) are simply using this accident for political gain. Bird hunting can be very dangerous. You are supposed to keep talking back and forth among the group so you always know where other hunters are. Apparently the man who got shot did not announce that he was returning to the line... A private hunting accident should have no bearing on the administration. I think most rational people agree with this.

On a side note...I personally find it of VERY bad taste for people to be joking about this when the injured man is fighting for his life.

ImOuttaControl said:

Great post. This was a horrible accident with plenty of witnesses. Why would or should Cheney resign for this? As an avid hunter myself, would guess that most people out to lynch Cheney either A) don't know jack or shit about hunting or B) are simply using this accident for political gain. Bird hunting can be very dangerous. You are supposed to keep talking back and forth among the group so you always know where other hunters are. Apparently the man who got shot did not announce that he was returning to the line... A private hunting accident should have no bearing on the administration. I think most rational people agree with this.

On a side note...I personally find it of VERY bad taste for people to be joking about this when the injured man is fighting for his life.

lighten up.

besides, it's not that Cheney should resign over the accident, but that he's become a massive liability for the administration.

Abomb-baby said:
You people amaze me. This forum is called free your mind, but all you do here is bash the administration and then pat one another on the back. Then when someone actually dissents from the status quo opinion, you beat them down into submission. This forum is a joke....

VLWC.

Well, Cheney may have to resign if Fitzpatrick starts investigating him in relation to what Libby's been saying. Too bad Libby's trial doesn't start until Jan. 2007...conveniently after the mid-term elections.

I have a 2nd cousin who was killed in a hunting trip...the result was a lot of sadness, madness, and insanity (literally) on that side of the family. However this occurred before I was born and we just avoid associating with them..............:shrug:

Moving on, I doubt Cheney will resign.

ImOuttaControl said:

and now, in light of the fact that Cheney *may* have been drinking, does your opinion of the matter change at all? as a serious hunter, you must be aware of the dangers of mixing alcohol and firearms.

Back
Top Bottom