How I was duped by the right. Democrats do not be duped by the left. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2002, 10:06 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Re: congrats

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly

and i in mine.

I meant to say..I "believed" in.. my/the Republican Party about every little thing..
Silly me.
DB9

Old 08-14-2002, 03:10 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 05:18 PM

Perhaps mr. db9 would allow me to recommend a book along the lines of being "duped" by right-wing conservatives? I'm presently reading a book by former well-known, well-connected conservative journalist David Brock titled " Blinded By The Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative. Mr. Brock's book is a chilling expose into the right-wing conspiracy of Clinton bashing hypocrites, millionaires, and what he calls "the Republican sleaze machine." He exposes the neoconservative framework of today's Republican party and his ultimate gravitation away from them.

An entertaining read that showcases the overall hypocrisy of today's GOP and one man's struggle to rid himself of it. I would say a very timely read for you, db9, given the title and theme of your thread here. Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force!

Old 08-14-2002, 03:44 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Like someone to blame
Perhaps mr. db9 would allow me to recommend a book along the lines of being "duped" by right-wing conservatives? I'm presently reading a book by former well-known, well-connected conservative journalist David Brock titled " Blinded By The Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative. Mr. Brock's book is a chilling expose into the right-wing conspiracy of Clinton bashing hypocrites, millionaires, and what he calls "the Republican sleaze machine." He exposes the neoconservative framework of today's Republican party and his ultimate gravitation away from them.

An entertaining read that showcases the overall hypocrisy of today's GOP and one man's struggle to rid himself of it. I would say a very timely read for you, db9, given the title and theme of your thread here. Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force!
Robbie-
you SILLY little goose.!
I already posted a thread about this book.

Remember smearing works BOTH ways:idea:
I fear no evil
I embrace truth from all sources.
Robbie u r a silly monkey

DB9
Old 08-14-2002, 03:49 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Robbie-
you SILLY little goose.!
I already posted a thread about this book.
DB9
My apologies, db9! I was not aware of your previous thread about Mr. Brock's fine book. Yes, smearing does work both ways...I just tend to believe that Mr. Brock's experience's are more factual and accurate...but I'm a biased silly monkey my friend!
Old 08-14-2002, 04:12 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:

Um, sure.

Not surprisingly, there are similar books that go the other way, e.g. "How I Accidentally Joined The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy (And Found Inner Peace)".

I haven't read either book in detail, but I suspect both should be ingested with a salt lick.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #21
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 11:18 AM

Quote:
Who knows, after reading it maybe you'll leave the dark side of the force and join powers with me and my fellows liberals on the good side of the force!
are you still blaming Obi-Wan for you fall..?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:02 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I'm a leftist liberal who hates Clinton, so just to be fair here, here's a book that exposes someone from the liberal side, from someone on the liberal side:

No One Left to Lie To by Christopher Hitchens

I'm not the biggest fan of Hitchens' aggressive satirical style, but he raises questions that are hard to ignore. Plus he's funny.

Old 08-14-2002, 06:20 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I'm a leftist liberal who hates Clinton, so just to be fair here, here's a book that exposes someone from the liberal side, from someone on the liberal side:

No One Left to Lie To by Christopher Hitchens

I'm not the biggest fan of Hitchens' aggressive satirical style, but he raises questions that are hard to ignore. Plus he's funny.

I so love Christopher Hitchens.
Used to watch him on Hard-Ball w Chris Matthews.

Mr Hitchens= Cool Cat

db9
Old 08-15-2002, 03:01 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Normal my humor may be dry, but it's out of sincerity.

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Nice sincere replys folks-
thx.
db9

look diamond, my response was about as serious as i can take this thread. are you starting a thread stating that you have seen the light and don't believe in every word that comes down from republicanism? (i'm not saying republicanism is bad, i'm not saying it's anything. i'm only commenting on believing verbatum in anything.)

diamond, i'm very pleased that you are now exploring other sides of issues. that is, in all honesty, very good to see.

Old 08-15-2002, 04:54 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

umm.
yes Lilly.
My reasons for posting were genuine
thank u
for your contribution:idea:
db9
Old 08-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Hmmm....

Quote:

I've never read that book...perhaps I should check it out sometime.

As for the mention of Rush Limbaugh...*shudders*. No offense to anyone out there who may like the guy...I don't care for him.

Angela
Old 08-18-2002, 04:17 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm glad you finally realized the truth about Rush Limbaugh, Diamond. I just wish my father would do the same. Whenever I'm in the car with my dad he's either listening to Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura. Argh!
Old 08-18-2002, 04:40 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
I just wish my father would do the same. Whenever I'm in the car with my dad he's listening to Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura. Argh!
BonoShades-

Mentioned of Dr Laura makes me giggle.
I was on her talk-show once
True story.
I broke down and called her outta desparation
After years of counseling w my now former wife..she told me I had to "stay w her"...
I explained how she treated me very shitty-for years.
I explained how she attended counseling but really didnt want the marriage to work..She went to counseling for appearences only.
Dr.Laura said it didnt matter..that I married "the nut bag" I should of known better.

I changed my name for annomity puposes BUT friends IN a DIFFERENT state recognized my voice..and called afterwards asking if it were I

Later I found out she was cheating on me.
I realized later part of her shittiness to me was the guilt she felt, her unhappiness in the marriage.
I never called Dr Laura w an update.
Im now happily divorced
Kids are doing well too

DB9
Old 08-18-2002, 06:01 PM   #29
Refugee

Can I be a "Dude"?
Old 08-18-2002, 10:56 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Ooh...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
I'm glad you finally realized the truth about Rush Limbaugh, Diamond. I just wish my father would do the same. Whenever I'm in the car with my dad he's either listening to Rush Limbaugh or Dr. Laura. Argh!
I feel sorry for you. Rush Limbaugh's bad enough, but Dr. Laura? .

Angela