How do you disarm an ataomic bomb? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2004, 07:52 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:21 AM
Maybe you didn´t get it

I am a Christian, that´s why I don´t agree with you.

God is Love, and Love is God.

My Christian values base on believing that Jesus told us a new way to live on Earth. It is a misinterpretation of the Bible´s words to lean back, and say "Well, Peace on Earth is reserved for the day when Jesus returns", and to disqualify Peace and Love by putting a time tag on it, for another life, in another world.

It is neither unrealistic, nor overly idealistic - it is just a hard job. I do agree that people will continue to hate, that´s why the fight for Love is a hard fight. People like me will always be labelled as unrealistic, until we all gather and let Love shine. To label my principles overly idealistic, is naive and dangerous.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5,43

I may repeat:

With Love, there will be true development of the human race.

Believe in Love.

Share all your Love, every day and every moment of your time.

Old 10-01-2004, 07:54 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:21 PM
I think you are both right.

We are called to love while on earth today.

The Second Coming will bring perfect peace.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:00 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Or life may just go on as usual

My opinion is that mankind must usher in peace on its own because there is no other power in the universe that can do it for us. Peace through liberty and eqality.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I think you are both right.

We are called to love while on earth today.

The Second Coming will bring perfect peace.
I agree 200%.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 AM
We all have many little atomic bombs in our lives...always in danger of exploding.

How do we disarm them? With love.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:48 PM   #36
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Isn't it ironic that Einstein was quoted in here and it was his intelligence that helped develop the "better bomb". Often we sight ignorance as leading us to our doom, but what role does intelligence have? I know Einstein has been quoted as being very regretful for some of the "discoveries" he made.

Are we doomed no matter what?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:52 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Are we doomed no matter what?
If we rely on our own power...yes.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:55 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

If we rely on our own power...yes.
I agree with every fiber of my being.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Knowledge can be a power for great good and great evil. In the hands of a wise man such power can be used for good but when in the hands of those that haven't earned or attained such power through their own devices it becomes very dangerous.

Intelligence is morality neutral - you can have very intelligent people craft the most good or evil acts.

In regards to nuclear power I think that it is one of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind. Nuclear power produces no greenhouse emmissions, requires significantly less fuel - less mining and is better for the environment. Even nuclear weapons may one day prove their worth in saving mankind. I have a problem with people thinking that nuclear power is a bad thing by definition, the cult of green is illogical - they are against carbon dioxide emmisions but also against the logical alternative (Grrr, almost as bad as those fools who are against nuclear powered space ships - I remember them protesting Cassini - Huygens with their anti-Nuke-you-ler bullshit).

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Old 10-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #40
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

In regards to nuclear power I think that it is one of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind.
I agree, but think it's a discrace that the first major use of it was the bomb. What does that say about humanity?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

It says that there is no virtue like necessity.

You have a world war going on and you develop a weapon of tremendous destructive power. It tells me that when push comes to shove mankind can drive itself forward - for better or worse.

Did we develop the technology too quickly and were we ready for such a tool, now there is a seperate question. I think that the fact we are here today 60 years after the bomb was unleashed onto Japan without a nuclear exchange says that we are both tremendously lucky and capable of making peace if the threat of war is great enough.

The nuclear genie is out of the bottle, and there are enemies out there who would use such weapons without regret. I must reiterate religious hatred is the greatest threat to mankind because it can justify any action no matter how evil because God is by default on your side. The idea of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of religious terrorists is not outside the realm of possibility. The only thing scarier than the rogue state with dozens of nuclear weapons is the terrorist organization with one.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:05 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Knowledge can be a power for great good and great evil. In the hands of a wise man such power can be used for good but when in the hands of those that haven't earned or attained such power through their own devices it becomes very dangerous.

Kinda reminds me of the whole "A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone. Except for bad people" film played during last years tour before BTBS.....
Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Nope, that wasn't what I was aiming for at all - think like Spiderman, "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility".

Sometimes we can develop technology a little bit to quickly and society has to develop before the technology can be used safely. Uncontrolled nuclear fusion (that one find in an H bomb blast) can be used for good things, blasting asteroids or space travel (Orion Project). But they can also be used to wipe humanity from the face of the planet. There is no way that we can uninvent these things, all we can do is ensure that humanity as a whole can reach a point where the threat is diminished.

Having said that I do not think that there is any nation on this earth that I would trust nuclear weapons with - its all a matter of what degree I distrust them.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:13 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

How do you disarm an atomic bomb ?

Like stars said - by first disarming the atomic bombs within your own heart and soul!

There can be no lasting peace in our world until we, the people, CHOOSE LOVE over hate, HOPE over despair, FORGIVENESS over judgement and UNITY over division.

When we have chosen to leave all the imagings of the ego - the hatreds, jealousies, envies, doubts and divisions we manufacture to keep us apart - then we will be on the road to disarming ALL atomic bombs.

When you see yourself as ONE with all others in the world, you will not do anything to injure them for it would be as if you were injuring yourself.

You will do all that you can to be helpful, be kind, be considerate, be forgiving of others so as to bring all beings closer to each other.

There are only two basic emotions in this world: Love and Fear.

I choose Love everytime!
Old 10-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #45
Refugee

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Unite the world with Love? I'm sure it's even easier than it sounds!
Sure in our more predominantly Christian society, we can spread love amongst ourselves in order to hide how we really feel to ensure cohesion in society, but in the real world, ouside the Western world, it's a different story.
We are not all 'one.' Other civilizations do not share similar outlooks on life, so don't try and force you're beliefs on them with your message of love. You can't force everyone into your way of thinking because you think you are right, that's where problems occur. Love is so subjective. What you believe is the 'loving' thing is actually not loving in somebody else's eyes. Let's be realistic here. What exactly is everyone suggesting when they say, 'disarm an atomic bomb with love.'