How do we know which ones are the law abiding citizens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats not the theory at all, self-defence is one reason why people should be able to own guns but it is not the only reason. I think that practical purposes such as on a farm where you get feral pigs is one, sports shooting, hunting are others. People should be allowed to have weapons, not forced to own them or be pressured into owning them but have the right to get them and the associated responsibilites attatched to that right.

Criminals can attack people, it is not as if having guns reduces crime but on the flipside neither does not having guns. What reduces crime is improving living standards across the board and adressing unemployment etc.

Yeah...I'm no fan of guns, but a ban on them won't solve the problem. Not to mention, for those who happen to be responsible with the things, it's kinda unfair to punish them because some idiots out there don't know how to control themselves. I agree improving the living conditions and stuff would certainly help matters, and we should have some good, sensible laws regarding who can and can't own guns and all that stuff, but banning them...not a good idea. History has proven bans don't work.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom