How did you celebrate Independence Day? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-07-2002, 12:17 AM   #16
I serve MacPhisto
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Originally posted by diamond
Yo Z.
We couldnt tore that place up.
The sexies r eagar there...esp on a holiday weekend!

Damn the obvious, we should have went there!

Old 07-07-2002, 01:21 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:37 PM seemed like a good idea at the time. My friends had the bright idea to take the new DART rail (light train) from N. Dallas to the downtown area where they were having a festival and shooting off fireworks. Well...about 100,000 other people had the same idea! The trains were packed like sardines, we got separated from our friends, the show started 1/2 an hour late; we had a terrible view of what was a great fireworks show (by Dallas standards); shoved our way onto another train for the ride back (standing all the way); had some incredibly drunk guy with "summer" teeth, who sounded like the Slingblade guy leaning/breathing all over my friend the whole way....we got off at the wrong stop, tried to get back to the right stop, but the doors wouldn't open; so went one more stop further south, then got on yet another packed train to take us north one more stop to where it all began.

Got home at 1:00 AM.

The fireworks that are usually held practically in my backyard were not shown this year, so what could have been a mere 3 minute car ride, turned into a 6 hour nightmare...all for a 1/2 hour light show. Feh. Never again!

Old 07-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #18
Local Time: 02:37 PM

Pool party with co-workers at the Dr's house during the day.
Huge, and very unique fireworks display near Magic Mountain in the evening.

Friday: Went to visit my mom, took her out to a few places, got her some things she wanted, took her back, then tried to get home, but 2 damn buses wouldnt stop for me, and those were the last ones of the night. So i had to take a taxi part way(didnt want to call my friend to pick me up as its a rural area and would be too hard to find.). I cant afford a Taxi, but that was my only option, so i took it as far as my financial situation would allow, then had to wait a long time in a very high crime area for the bus. I tried to call a friend at that point, but there was a crackhead standing next to the phone, so i just had to hide out in the shadows. Took 2 buses to try as get as close as i could to home, but wound up having to walk for 2 hours straight! Didnt get back till after 1am and all that wore me out and i felt very sick.(i'm not supposed to put myself through that sort of thing)
Saturday I went skinny dipping at a friends house , then we left for the beach torwards evening.
Dont know what I'm gonna do today, just got back from church, prolly go to the movies, dont think I have the strength to go riding just yet.
".....People of America - SHUSH-........."

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 07-07-2002, 03:41 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:37 PM

My Fourth of July sucked because my car broke down. It's fixed now, but it cost more than $300.

I had to work both Friday and Saturday. I finally have the day off today.

Bleah. I hope Labor Day weekend turns out better.