How close have you ever been to dying? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2001, 10:16 AM   #16
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MysteryGirl:
Bonochick...I had a friend at one time who fainted or blacked out some years ago. The doctors thought she was in a diabetic coma. Several years after that, a doctor discovered that she had a BRAIN TUMOR!!! That was more likely what caused her blackouts.

Miraculously, they removed the brain tumor (which was benign, but HUGE!) She healed from that surgery faster tham any other diabetic would have.

Moral of the story: If one doctor can't explain it, find another one and get another opinion. If the second opinion comes up blank...get a THIRD one!

Gee, good morning to me...why did I read this?? *lol*

I hate seeing doctors. Some people have told me that maybe it's from stress. It's probably just that.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Old 11-10-2001, 08:00 AM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:33 AM
When I was still very very young (about 4 or 5) I went to a little store next to my home one day. I bought 3 glass bottles of Coke. When I was bringing those bottles back to my home, I got tripped. The glass were broken and it cut deeply into my arms. I lost a lot of blood. One of my neightbor soon found that I was laying on the ground unconsciously with lots of blood. She called the police and I was sent into the ER. I was okay but my mom was definately scared.

That's it, not very scary...

Old 11-10-2001, 11:00 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:33 PM
last november, omg it's almost been 1 year since this, a friend and i were mugged at knifepoint by some punks on a saturday night in downtown ottawa. the guy told me to take my wallet out so i did but instead of handing it to him i just pulled out the ten dollar bill that was in it and handed it to him, leaving my (unsigned!) credit card in the wallet.
but when that guy stepped into me and rested that blade, and i could feel it was real sharp, i thought it was all over-everything flashed before me: my girlfriend, my friends my parents and family.
they took off without any bigger incident luckily.
it just pissed me off that they did that for $10 canadian dollars, my friend gave one of the other guys his whole wallet which had no money and no credit cards.
on the upside i have savored every moment since.

------------------
always wear your safety belt
Old 11-11-2001, 12:26 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Damn! Just found out last night that one of my friends from school almost died in a car crash. She was driving back from college when a piece of wood went through her windshield. Both her wrists and hands were shattered and her face is very cut up.

Worst thing is that the guy who was driving the truck carrying the wood fled the scene.

She has a long road of recovery ahead for her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

------------------
Schabow
Old 11-11-2001, 08:25 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:33 AM

In my prayers...
Old 11-12-2001, 03:19 AM   #21
Banned

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Will Do.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:56 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Damn! Just found out last night that one of my friends from school almost died in a car crash. She was driving back from college when a piece of wood went through her windshield. Both her wrists and hands were shattered and her face is very cut up.

Worst thing is that the guy who was driving the truck carrying the wood fled the scene.

She has a long road of recovery ahead for her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

You got it.

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"
Old 11-13-2001, 05:49 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 07:33 PM
You got it mikal...
Oh my gosh you guys, this thread as scared me, really badly. I'm glad all of you are ok. I'm freaking out a little bit now...
Old 11-14-2001, 01:16 AM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 09:33 PM
When I was 4 or 5, my family and I went to Ocean City, Maryland and we rented an apartment to stay in for the week. It was right on a sort of canal or something. Anyway, one day my mother was sitting out on the balcony (above the water) and I was sitting by her on the floor. And then, somehow, I suddenly slipped through the bars - I can't remember how. But there I was, holding on, dangling...I can still see myself dropping my cup into the water. My mom pulled me up by my long hair.

Another story...this isn't near death but kind of related...I have had problems with depression and social phobia and two years ago, I was seeing a psychologist one day. And in the middle of the session, this faint and soft light kind of blinked above my head...and it wasn't the window because the sun wasn't over at that angle. The psych said "Oh look, something's blinking above you." Maybe someone upstairs was looking out for me.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:58 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks everone!

I talked to her today and she's in rough shape but has a very positive outlook which will help her recover.

Her accident has really made me think about my accident a year and a half ago(see my above post). I find it weird how I survived when so many other people would have died in the same situation. It makes me wonder if I have an important purpose on this world and it frustrates me every day not knowing what that purpose is. It's weird that such a blessing(the fact that I'm still alive) could disturb me this much.

------------------
Schabow
Old 11-24-2001, 11:19 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I have a reoccurring prophetic dream that I die in a car crash the January before I graduate--that would be this january. I have the intersection and everything. I dream that someone runs a stop sign and rams into the drivers side of my car going like 50 mph. I mames me and I am unrecognizable even to myself. My psychology teacher says that I should avoid the corner in January (WELL DUH!) because it is a self- fulfilling prophecy. I don't believe that because why would it be self-fulfilling to die!? That's my nightly brush with death...

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.
Old 11-24-2001, 05:59 PM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Lilly,

Not saying that this is something that should be taken literally or not, but I think that what your teacher means by a self-fulfilling prophecy is that you might get so caught up in that thought that it might actually happen because you would be so focused on it.

I can't come up with a good example right now, but you know how "they" say that before a big event, you should visualize yourself succeeding instead of telling yourself that you're not good enough? That sort of thing.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:33 AM   #28
War Child

I nearly trashed my car last night and me as well!
I know someone is watching over me!
Old 11-26-2001, 02:23 PM   #29
Banned

this topic is too private for me ( it's like talking about god ) ,
Old 11-27-2001, 09:47 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:33 PM
**cass holds her fingers about.005mms apart**
oohh about this close. Car accidents are a recurring theme here it seems. Yep I was in 0netoo.
(((hugs 2U and your puppy)))

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 11-28-2001).]