How Big Of A Bounce? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2004, 02:49 PM   #61
The Fly

Local Time: 12:44 PM
haha, you're saying he wanted to put more cops on the streets as his speech - sorry, not buying that, I think every politician for the past 30 years has said that. Way to go out and say something different...

this guy was in vietnam for under a year's time. .. he acts like he was in the blender for years. give me a break with all his vietnam garbage. he did nothing but disrupt. listen to hannity, get a dose of reality.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:50 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM
You are a troll. That's at least the second time you've used that line.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 PM
I agree, nbc. However odowdpa's claim was that Kerry "did not once" speak of his record in the Senate, not that he put more emphasis on his military service than his service as a Senator. I was merely correcting an inaccurate statement, not making any further judgement about Kerry's speech.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

I understand.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #65
Refugee

Kerry should at least metion his role in the Iran Contra affair.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:54 PM   #66
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:44 PM
odowdpa
Quote:
We can do better, and we will. We're the optimists. For us, this is a country of the future. We're the can-do people.

And let's not forget what we did in the 1990s: We balanced the budget. We paid down the debt. We created 23 million new jobs. We lifted millions out of poverty. And we lifted the standard of living for the middle class.
Maybe you should read his speech and not only read journalists opinions about the speech?
And in the war forum you can read that he has plans for Iraq, maybe not as detailed as you want but maybe more detailed then the ones of "W".
Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #67
The Fly

Well, now that the personal insults have been flinged, as I just found out that I'm part "troll", I'm gonna gracefully bow out of this convo.

I'm simply offering the other side of the issue for many here. I feel like there are about 30 Kerry speakers here and 3 Bush supporters. Its good for you to know why people are so animate for Bush and what we're thinking. It wouldn't be fun to have people say Bush sucks and kerry rocks. Remember, its not just me being the troll, in your opinions, its half the country. Obviosuly no one is going to change their mind on the issues, as most already know who they are going to vote for. i.e. no bounce for the Dems during the DNC.

And remember, lets not hate each other on here, its just a difference of opinion.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #68
Refugee

You're trolling, odwopa. You opened up the personal attacks on Fizz in another thread. Me calling you a troll is not a personal attack. I'm just questioning your motives.

I could say far worse things about someone who thinks that Hannity is a "dose of reality."
Old 08-02-2004, 03:12 PM   #69
The Fly

Thatguy, come on now, you know how it works. Look at who is writing these articles. Remember, there are always motives. Its the far left writing these things on Hannity. And Hannity is a conservative, saying things about the left. Aren't those people and Hannity in the same boat? You just happen to support one side while i support the other. For all differences sake, we'll call all Media matters Hannity's little brother. I'm not bashing, but thats how it is, the right will talk smack about the left and vice versa...
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #70
Refugee

So you're saying that they're lying and that Hannity is telling the truth? Are you refuting what Media Matters has to say? Facts are facts. You can spin them, but the facts themselves remain. Media Matters may have a liberal spin, but they're verifying statements as facts or untruths. Just because Media Matters is liberal and Hannity is conservative doesn't automatically put them on equal footing.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #71
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
[quote]the right will talk smack about the left and vice versa...[quote]

It shouldn't be like this on FYM
We try to share our views and try to understand each other.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #72
The Fly

So, what you are saying is that MediaMatters is right and, to boot, has quotes from people supporting their theories (I'm speaking on the whole)?

They are a dime a dozen pub capitalizing on something they know lefties want to see and hear. I am actually a journalist myself, so I know how the game works. You can get anyone to support your stories if you want. I can go write a story saying some Americans are going to move to Mars because of the war and have some agencies backing up my line, doesnt mean its true...

facts can be twisted too ... if someone writes that Bush increases funds for the elderly, the same headline could read Bush raises taxes on...blablabla.....in order to raise funds, they have to come from somewhere. What i'm saying is look at the whole picture and ask yourself why is this being written.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #73
The Fly

Klaus, I understand what your saying, but i didn't mean us, I meant the media.. i.e., Hannity, Franken, O'Reilly, etc. They have their agendas and thats to further their party. They talk smack back and forth.

But I totally agree, no bashing here, just differences of opinions. Besides that, I'm better looking than everyone here so my opinions matter more jk.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #74
Refugee

odowdpa
You are right with the media and i wanted to express my concern that the aggressive behaviour of the articles we read day by day can lead to a more agressive atmosphere on FYM than we want to.
Many good people left FYM because of that.

ps There are many good looking FYM'ers *laugh*
Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #75
Refugee

odowdpa, I'm not an idiot. I know why Media Matters is doing what they're doing. I've read David Brock's books, I know his leanings and why he's doing what he's doing. I don't accept everything Media Matters is saying as gospel. But I'd wager you would have a hard time disputing what they're saying.