Hostage Crisis in Moscow - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2002, 02:57 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aine

Though it's not really about them being Chechens.
I just wanted to reiterate that.

You can't blame "Chechens" for these acts, blame those holding them hostage. And it's also not fair to balme a religion for something, people get highly offended when ppl point out all the bloodshed and death and masacars done by Christians, because we all know, that's not a representation of all Christians....same with Muslims, they can't all be lumped into this big bad catagory.
This mass generalization of people has to stop if we are to ever accomplish any sort of peace in this world.

And those not familiar with the war in Chechnya, here's a lot of info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ya/default.stm

My thoughts are with you Aine

Old 10-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #17
Banned

Local Time: 07:26 PM
There were hearings of gun fight at 5 am (Moscow Time ) , also russian SWAT was moving around . At 6am it became quiet again .

Old 10-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #18
Banned

recent news , 2 hours : 2 hostages dead , two injured .
Old 10-25-2002, 10:49 PM   #19
Banned

" Terrorists also gave the answer to speech that gave Director of FSB ( like FBI in USA ) , Director of FSB said that if Terrorists will release all hostages , He guarantees thier lives .
The answer from terrorists was that even if their orders will be complete , they will not give up --- THEY CAME TO MOSCOW , TO DIE "

No comment .
Old 10-25-2002, 11:09 PM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 11:26 AM

BBC: Russian special forces reported entering besieged Moscow theatre. More soon.

All we can do is pray it ends without bloodshed.

My thoughts are with you Aine as well and all Russians at this time.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:17 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

i hope this ends soon and the terroists will stop killing those innocent people...
Old 10-25-2002, 11:29 PM   #22
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 06:26 PM
Hostages freed! *watching CNN now*
Old 10-25-2002, 11:29 PM   #23
Banned

It's all over , massive attack of russian troops on the building
The Guerilla boss and most part of terrorists were killed.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:40 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
thank God it is over.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:46 AM   #25
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkysgrrrl

You can't blame "Chechens" for these acts, blame those holding them hostage. And it's also not fair to balme a religion for something, people get highly offended when ppl point out all the bloodshed and death and masacars done by Christians, because we all know, that's not a representation of all Christians....same with Muslims, they can't all be lumped into this big bad catagory.
This mass generalization of people has to stop if we are to ever accomplish any sort of peace in this world.
And this is actually a very serious point cause this is one thing
each of us can do to change our world for the better:
to realize that first of all we are all PEOPLE and we have this one planet,one world to live in.You don't need to be a professional politician or high-visible celebrity to do this,you just have to think
it all over,and it will sure help.Don't we feel the same when we love,suffer or sympathise with someone,no matter if we are Russians,Asians,Americans,Chechens,Africans...Catholics,
Protestants,Orthodox,Jews,Muslims? Terracts in Omagh(Northern Ireland),New York, Bali,Moscow,the bombings of Yugoslavia and Chechnya,the crimes of the US sniper are all about the same:the tragedy of the ordinary people who just wanted to live their lives and be happy and had nothing to do with any "big ideas".Once you understood that you don't need to put any labels on people based on their nationality or religion or whatever.
I believe the diversity of religions and traditions makes our life richer and the world a brighter place but there's always this bunch of individuals who'd use it to separate people for their own specific aims.
Speaking of which,it sounds strange to me when BBC keeps on
calling those gunmen from Chechnya "rebels".Sorry,you can't call
anyone who comes to "fight" against innocent people a "rebel",be
it members of Al-Qaeda,or ETA,or IRA.It's just wrong.It sounds a bit like a double standard and can really cause a mistrust.They're
terrorists who'll be condemned by their own people in the end -and honestly I don't think they have any Muslim or Christian or any other God in them anymore.
Back to "Muslim" problem:I know a 16-year-old guy who's a Muslim who said yesterday,"If I had been taken as a hostage in
that theatre I wouldn't have left (the gunmen offered to release
all the Muslims)anyway cause I love my frined Ivan and would have stayed beside him" (Ivan is his schoolfriend and is as Russian as it gets).
That is I think the best answer to the Bin Ladens of this world.

Once more: thanks for all your kind words.God bless you all.
Peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And love...is all that you can't leave behind
Old 10-26-2002, 04:11 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Hello,

Sadly, it appears that at least 140 people died in the theatre, 90 hostages and 50 (of a total of 54) terrorists. The hostage situation is over, but the price was high. I hope the dead did not suffer too much and died in (relative) peace. 140 Dead is quite a lot.

Marty
Old 10-26-2002, 05:08 PM   #27
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:26 AM
I don't mean to defend the chechen commando, but what the russian military is doing in Chechenia is also terrorism in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:19 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Interesting

Here we all are talking about the Chechen Terrorists......

When it appears some of them were Saudi Citizens....Boy does this sound familiar........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...questid=109715

Well it appears Al-Qaeda does not like the Russians either.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:47 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aine

And this is actually a very serious point cause this is one thing
each of us can do to change our world for the better:
to realize that first of all we are all PEOPLE and we have this one planet,one world to live in.You don't need to be a professional politician or high-visible celebrity to do this,you just have to think
it all over,and it will sure help.Don't we feel the same when we love,suffer or sympathise with someone,no matter if we are Russians,Asians,Americans,Chechens,Africans...Catholics,
Protestants,Orthodox,Jews,Muslims? Terracts in Omagh(Northern Ireland),New York, Bali,Moscow,the bombings of Yugoslavia and Chechnya,the crimes of the US sniper are all about the same:the tragedy of the ordinary people who just wanted to live their lives and be happy and had nothing to do with any "big ideas".Once you understood that you don't need to put any labels on people based on their nationality or religion or whatever.
I believe the diversity of religions and traditions makes our life richer and the world a brighter place but there's always this bunch of individuals who'd use it to separate people for their own specific aims.
Speaking of which,it sounds strange to me when BBC keeps on
calling those gunmen from Chechnya "rebels".Sorry,you can't call
anyone who comes to "fight" against innocent people a "rebel",be
it members of Al-Qaeda,or ETA,or IRA.It's just wrong.It sounds a bit like a double standard and can really cause a mistrust.They're
terrorists who'll be condemned by their own people in the end -and honestly I don't think they have any Muslim or Christian or any other God in them anymore.
Back to "Muslim" problem:I know a 16-year-old guy who's a Muslim who said yesterday,"If I had been taken as a hostage in
that theatre I wouldn't have left (the gunmen offered to release
all the Muslims)anyway cause I love my frined Ivan and would have stayed beside him" (Ivan is his schoolfriend and is as Russian as it gets).
That is I think the best answer to the Bin Ladens of this world.

Once more: thanks for all your kind words.God bless you all.
Peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And love...is all that you can't leave behind

Good post
Old 10-27-2002, 06:00 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Holy John
I don't mean to defend the chechen commando, but what the russian military is doing in Chechenia is also terrorism in my opinion.
Reasons :
1) Oil
2) Problem of Eternity
3) Some Serious Crime Zone down there , if Russia will leave , a new Afganistan or Iraq will appears , they do business by stealing and killing people , NO FUCKING WAY to let Chechnya be a sovereign country .