Homosexualty - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Just what you've heard?

A preference isn't a sexuality though, you are blurring lines here. The majority of heterosexual male pediophiles will seek little girls, just like the majority of homosexual pedophiles will seek little boys. Their sexuality isn't "little girls" or "little boys" that's their fantasy.

It's just like some men may prefer blondes to burnettes, blonde is not their sexuality, it's their preference. These things are definately environmental, some are obviously much healthier than others, but the point is this isn't their sexuality.
See, that's the reason why I didn't want to get into this discussion.
I didn't know there is that difference between the two terms.

Yes, I heard it. There was a documentary once about people with vertain fetishes and who tried to get out of these through therapy. Most therapists said they tried over and over again, but it wasn't possible.

I mean, there also has to be a reason why people cross the line and become pedophiles, and I'm sure not everybody becomes a pedophile.

Also with fetishes, if it was environment, but no one out of the family, friends or other surrounding shares this fetish, how can it be environmental then?

That's all a bit too high for me to be honest.

But please, don't ever start thinking I therefore would understand these people, or tolerate it in any kind.

And sorry for mixing up those terms.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

I don't expect you to justify anything except your view. Your view is that things like beastialty and pedophilia are sometimes biological and nothing proves that.
Yes, maybe I'm plain wrong on that.

That's why I don't like to rely on any TV documentary.

They are sometimes just bullshit.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:

The majority of heterosexual male pediophiles will seek little girls, just like the majority of homosexual pedophiles will seek little boys. Their sexuality isn't "little girls" or "little boys" that's their fantasy.

and as a side note, many pedophiles who prey on little boys do so precisely because of their feminine appearance. they tend not to be attracted to sexually mature men.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #79
She's the One

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
but under your logic you're saying people who have sex with animals are doing so because they're attracted to them.
Why is it always the Christians bringin' up the sex with animals bit in the gay threads? WTF is going on in churches these days?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Why is it always the Christians bringin' up the sex with animals bit in the gay threads? WTF is going on in churches these days?
you should check us out sometime and see for yourself
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ah, the nativity play reformed.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #82
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl

True, but it were genetic, then both twins would be gay, not one is and one isn't.
I guess in that situation maybe it has to do with being mirrored-imaged: one twin is right-handed, the other left handed, one twin is the 'good' twin, the other 'bad', one twin is gay, the other straight.
Its a matter of handing down dominant and or recesive traits.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #83
Forum Moderator

I don't understand what that has to do with identical twins? Or perhaps you were talking about siblings, period?

Incidentally, an identical twin is statistically far more likely to be gay if their twin is than an 'average' person (including an 'average' person with gay siblings), based on the available studies (Kendler, Kirk, Bailey). It's true that the fact identical twins often aren't both gay is one of many reasons why most researchers doubt there's an absolutely determinative 'gay gene' per se, although strictly speaking, you could still make a case for the hormonal environment in utero having the last word (less than 2% of identical twins share a chorion, amnion and placenta which would be necessary preconditions for 'sharing' a hormonal environment, plus as Ormus touched on earlier a third of all identical twins are afflicted to some degree with twin-to-twin transfer syndrome, which could potentially affect things too).

Also 'mirror-imaged twins', in a medical sense anyway, refers strictly to physical patterns like different-handedness, reverse curling of hair, certain organs being on the wrong side etc., not to personality traits which the cause of mirror-imaging (very late splitting of the zygote) shouldn't affect one way or the other.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:08 PM
I believe it is around 50%; it would be interesting if we could touch on the science of sex beyond homosexuality because there is a lot of sociobiology that points to how much of of our sex drive and what we as individuals view as attractive is based on our biology.