HomoSexuality - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
You may never convince people that homosexualty is fine and natural. But dont loose home on humanity, as a catholic/christian they are your brother or sister and you must love them no matter what.

I totally agree with you Justin24......

and I am not Catholic, I used to go to catholic school and church but I found I would be hypocritical if I continued in the catholic faith.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Somehow, this is supposed to be better? Please.

And people wonder why I have such low opinions of Christianity today. I had 13 valuable years of Catholic education, and I appreciate every amount of in-depth religious education I received. But hell...after reading all this nonsense after a while, I really start wishing that the Bible was just as lost and forgotten as the Zoroastrian "Avesta."

It's hard for me to stomach a lot of evangelical Protestant theology after a while, mainly because most of its logic trail is completely foreign to me, and I often received education to the complete contrary. That enough should be proof that government should be secular, because there is not even consistency with what constitutes "Christian beliefs," let alone trying to reconcile non-Christian beliefs into America.

Since we're going to talk about sin, if you've ever masturbated or had oral sex with your spouse, if you've used birth control of any kind, you're going to rot in hell, according to the Catholic Church. After all, sex is only for making babies, right?

And to complicate things further for me, Catholicism's teachings against homosexuality are not Biblically based--those in the highest of echelons in the Vatican have even admitted at times that there is no Biblical basis for modern homosexuality--but, instead, their beliefs are based on medieval tradition in "natural law."

So for those of us who do not treat the Bible literally (as the Catholic Church teaches) and similarly question the validity of church tradition (as I and many others do), I guess we're plain out of luck after a while?

So fucking much for "religious freedom." Religion just makes me sick after a while.

Melon

Yes, please melon, maybe you should get the chip off your shoulder and love thy neighbor.....
I am not Catholic nor do I follow vatican placed rules and regulations, I do however have respect for what catholics believe in as do all other religions whether I agree with them or not.

If one of my children came home and said I am gay and I have a partner, I would love my child unconditionally as always and their partner too. Would I like what he is doing behind closed doors probable not, what I like what he is doing behind closed doors with anyone before marraige. I don't thinks so. I try very hard not to be hypercritical in everyday life so I can say I was a virgin until I got married and I hope my children will do the same.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

well, then hopefully you support full marriage rights for homosexuals so they can get married and have god-approved "actual acts."

it seems silly to condemn people for sinning when society denies them they very tools that would enable them not to sin.

If you are having such a problem with this topic maybe you should get out there and do something about it. And maybe if you are having troubles coming to terms with yourself, maybe there is no sense in beating this dead horse even more. I stand on my beliefs and you on yours.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 01:59 PM
I cannot believe that no one has been outraged yet by my claim that there are certain queer elements about Jesus and his relationship with John. Kudos to you all.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:59 AM
There was never a "queer" moment with John and Jesus. John baptized jesus.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER

If you are having such a problem with this topic maybe you should get out there and do something about it. And maybe if you are having troubles coming to terms with yourself, maybe there is no sense in beating this dead horse even more. I stand on my beliefs and you on yours.

wow, you don't come in here very often.

i do go out and do things about it, by voting, by volunteering, and by being out and comfortable and explaining to people exactly how their votes hurt gay people -- most people aren't aware that it is legal to fire someone for being gay in most states; most people aren't aware that long term gay couples have no inheritance rights; most people aren't aware that gay partners are sometimes denied hospital visitation rights on the basis that they aren't considered "family" in the eyes of state law.

don't stand there for a minute and cast judgements on me for coming to terms with myself -- i have, and it's been hell, and not least because of people like yourself who stand on a hill and sanctimoniously preach that "acts" are sinful but they love the sinner, which is a wonderful way to pat yourself on the back for being forgiving and loving while at the same time failing to engage on any level the depth to which these prejudices and ingrained heterosupremacy have been ingrained in you by both religion and society.

i don't have beliefs in any meaningful sense. i have thoughts, and i have convictions. believing is for people too lazy to think.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
There was never a "queer" moment with John and Jesus. John baptized jesus.

two men in a river, partially clothed to perhaps naked, one casting water over the head of the other ... sounds hot.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

two men in a river, partially clothed to perhaps naked, one casting water over the head of the other ... sounds hot.
That is not considered gay. Seeing a guy getting Rammed from behind like in Brokeback would be considered gay. (no I am not bashing people)

But having Anal sex is kind of gay anyways straight or gay.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:59 AM

And this is what digging oneself out of a hole looks like....
Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

LOL mabey
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #86
War Child

Quote:

But having Anal sex is kind of gay anyways straight or gay.
What the...?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You shit out of your ass not to stick stuff in it. (Stick the prick in there is a good way to get Aids or other diseases.)
Old 03-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

We really don't need to be discussing this Justin, what people do in their private lives is their business and also not appropriate for this forum
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
We really don't need to be discussing this Justin, what people do in their private lives is their business and also not appropriate for this forum
I agree sorry about that.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #90
War Child

Yes...let's move on.