Homosexals and Nudists Vote Kerry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
This is a shoutout to the homosexual Kerry voters from Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Ken Livingstone (mayor of London) tells us he is a moderate and a man of peace and has a unique insight into the virtues of Americans
Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: Kerry, who ran against Bush, was supported by homosexuals and nudists. But it was Bush who won [the elections], because he is Christian, right-wing, tenacious, and unyielding. In other words, the religious overcame the perverted. So we cannot blame all Americans and Westerners.

But unfortunately, because the Westerners - Americans and others - want to flatter these people on account of the elections, a disaster occurs. In order to succeed and win the elections, he flatters these people, rather than saying to them: No, you are sinning against yourselves, against society, and against humanity. This is forbidden. Instead of leveling with them, people flatter them to win their votes. This is the disaster that has befallen humanity.

[...]

Interviewer: How should a homosexual or a lesbian be punished? We mentioned the story of the people of Sodom and how Allah punished them, but how should someone who commits this abomination be punished today?

Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: The same punishment as any sexual pervert - the same as the fornicator.

[...]

The schools of thought disagree about the punishment. Some say they should be punished like fornicators, and then we distinguish between married and unmarried men, and between married and unmarried women. Some say both should be punished the same way. Some say we should throw them from a high place, like God did with the people of Sodom. Some say we should burn them, and so on. There is disagreement.

[...]

The important thing is to treat this act as a crime.

Interviewer: There is an issue that some people may find strange. If homosexuals and lesbians belong to the same category - an inclination towards the same sex - why are there different punishments for men and women, for homosexuals and lesbians?

Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: A punishment for who?

Interviewer: For homosexuals and lesbians - the punishment for a woman who favors women, and for a man who favors men.

Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: Lesbianism is not as bad as homosexuality, in practical terms.
link
So a bit of a hint, if you are opposed to homosexuality you are on the same side of the argument as this terrorist supporting "moderate", he does however have doctrinal wiggle-room on how to treat the sinner
Interviewer: How should a homosexual or a lesbian be punished? We mentioned the story of the people of Sodom and how Allah punished them, but how should someone who commits this abomination be punished today?

Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: The same punishment as any sexual pervert - the same as the fornicator.

[...]

The schools of thought disagree about the punishment. Some say they should be punished like fornicators, and then we distinguish between married and unmarried men, and between married and unmarried women. Some say both should be punished the same way. Some say we should throw them from a high place, like God did with the people of Sodom. Some say we should burn them, and so on. There is disagreement.
Burn them or throw them from a tall building, very hard to decide on, at least it's not hypocrisy - they hate the sin and the sinner.

This post just shows how religion can realise common humanity, albeit bigoted and violent human traits.

Now, now - the term is "traditional marriage" in America, you aren't allowed to have Christian or even our good Sheikhs Islamic ideas interfering in the business of lawmaking.

Lesbianism is pseudo-homosexuality. I've been saying this for years...well, I haven't. But I could have been. If I hated myself and was insecure enough to hate lesbians. Which I dont. Though I did meet one I disliked once. But that was because she was a pigdog, not because of her sexuality.

This is a seriously delusional and fucked up argument, on a serious note. Isn't everyone just sick of it? And by everyone, I mean the (in the closet) bigots who make all this fuss? Jesus. Fuck off and get hobbies or something! Learn to whittle. Or throw clay. Or tinker with diesel engines...
twitch.gif

Yes, well, that's why I don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about Islam like most liberals in this world.

Melon

Last edited:
[q]Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: Lesbianism is not as bad as homosexuality, in practical terms.[/q]

... aaaaaaand the straight men try to have it both ways, again ...

Irvine511 said:
[q]Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi: Lesbianism is not as bad as homosexuality, in practical terms.[/q]

... aaaaaaand the straight men try to have it both ways, again ...

:lol: Yeah, I don't understand what straight men find so hot about lesbians...HELLO, they're into women! Not men! You don't have a chance!

Anyway, yeah this guy is odd.

:rolleyes:

Any answer may rest on straight men not liking to look at other men, I think you will find that is also why straight men would be more accepting of lipstick lesbians

:shifty:

just saying

:wink:

In all serious though these characters don't seem to have any appreciation for femininity and often seem intent on supressing it so I doubt that it is in any way similar.

Last edited:
U2democrat said:

:lol: Yeah, I don't understand what straight men find so hot about lesbians...HELLO, they're into women! Not men! You don't have a chance!

and something tells me that most straight men wouldn't be into real, live lesbians -- psssssssst, "the L Word" is just a TV show.

U2democrat said:

Well 99.9% of men don't have a chance with Angelina Jolie or Jessica Simpson but they probably think they're hot as well.

It's a very simple, and as tastefully as it can be said, straight men (most of them) not only like to see hot women but also hot women being turned on, and then factor in what Wanderer said.

Men are definately more "visual" and there is nothing more visually appealing to most straight men than two (or three or more) hot chicks going at it.

melon said:
Yes, well, that's why I don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about Islam like most liberals in this world.

Melon

All the 3 western religions say the same thing about homosexuality. But that doesn't mean we should head hunt them. In fact, I was at one of the major Islamic conferences in Toronto in December ("Reviving the Islamic Spirit"), and one of the speakers, Hamza Yusuf (of Zaytuna, he also has advised President Bush on some things... he's just a Muslim who stands in the middle though, not left-wing, not right-wing, not extremist nor a "progressive Muslim", he's very well known and well respected among most Muslims in North America) stated that it's none of our business what gays and lesbians do behind their closed doors (and this would be if it were an Islamic state under Shariah... if it's not under Shariah, then you can't perform vigilante Shariah, you follow the laws of the land... and AFAIK theres no Islamic country out there today which follows the Shariah by the letter). And he believes thats the position of the Shariah based on the extensive studying he's done on Islamic rulings. It's not looked upon as a good thing, and it is seen as going against nature in Islam. But you can't actually force them to do anything.

And by the way, the punishment for fornication is LASHES, not death (although the punishment for adultery is still stoning), AFAIK. And you need 4 witnesses to actually see penetration for it to be considered fornication. And no other forms of sexual conduct are considered fornication by law. It's a form of severe discouragement, to help keep intact the nuclear family, but at the same time, it's almost impossible to actually get punished based on the law.

Last edited:
melon said:

Melon

Melon - this reply of yours gives me more hope than you can possibly imagine. Islam is NOT the friend of the liberals in this world. The sooner they realize this, well...just ask a Danish cartoonist.

AEON said:

Melon - this reply of yours gives me more hope than you can possibly imagine. Islam is NOT the friend of the liberals in this world. The sooner they realize this, well...just ask a Danish cartoonist.

in some ways, this is true.

at least when we talk about Islamism and Islamist terrorism. let's not forget that one of the greatest historical examples of religious tolerance was the Ottoman Empire.

Irvine511 said:

let's not forget that one of the greatest historical examples of religious tolerance was the Ottoman Empire.

You mean the same empire that wiped out over a million Christians?

"While there is no clear consensus as to how many Armenians lost their lives during what is called the Armenian genocide and what followed, there is general agreement among Western scholars, with the exception of few dissident and Turkish national historians, that over a million Armenians may have perished between 1914 to 1923. The recent tendency seems to be, either presenting 1.2 million as a figure or even 1.5 million, while more moderately, "over a million" is presented, as the Turkish historian Fikret Adanir estimates, but this estimate excludes what followed 1917 - 1918."

Both Christians and Muslims are guilty of the same crimes against there Brothers and Sisters. Dont make the Christians look like Victims.

Irvine511 said:

in some ways, this is true.

at least when we talk about Islamism and Islamist terrorism. let's not forget that one of the greatest historical examples of religious tolerance was the Ottoman Empire.
The status of Dhimmi is not pluralism at work.

Back
Top Bottom