Home DNA Test For Infidelity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Yes I'd say the relationship is pretty much doomed if you're resorting to that

NEW YORK, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- A New York private investigator who specializes in infidelity cases is offering a home testing kit to check partners' clothes and belongings for bodily fluids.

David Vitalli is marketing the kit online for $80, which is good for five different tests that use a patented ultraviolet light, two vials of testing liquid and collection papers.

"It will let you know if it's bodily fluid from a man, a woman, or both mixed together," Vitalli told the New York Daily News. "If they're mixed together and it wasn't from you, you know there's a problem."

But while such a DNA test might give a suspicious spouse a definitive answer on the matter, it won't hold up in court.

"For it to be admissible, it's got to be a court-approved laboratory and you have to show a chain of evidence, like in a criminal case," said divorce lawyer Raoul Felder.

The newspaper said couples counselors point out that if someone is contemplating using such a test, the relationship already may be doomed.

you don't need a test to find out this...
Signals are usually quite clear!

When Mr. BAW and I opened our PI business, one of the first things we agreed on was that we would not take domestic/cheating spouse type of work. If you need to hire a detective to confirm that your spouse/lover is cheating, they probably are and you don't need to pay someone $65 an hour to tell you what you already know. We could make a ton of money and look the other way but profiting on someone else's misery doesn't appeal to either one of us.

Same thing for these tests. If you are going through all the trouble to test bodily fluids, the relationship is probably over, or should be.

Isn't there a reality show that focuses on this type of situation? One person believes their partner is cheating, so film crews do the detective work, show it to the jilted partner, and then arrange a confrontation - all for television!

I guess maybe for some people the anticipation of the exposure, confrontation, in-your-face-with-my-damningly-watertight-trail of evidence moment brings some kind of feeling of closure or something. Or maybe they just want their partner to feel as humiliated as they do. :shrug:

no point in being in a relationship with somebody you can't trust - time to hit the road when you have to start checking up on your sig other :|

nbcrusader said:
Isn't there a reality show that focuses on this type of situation? One person believes their partner is cheating, so film crews do the detective work, show it to the jilted partner, and then arrange a confrontation - all for television!

Yep. I think it was called Cheaters. The host of that show was stabbed by the guy who was caught on camera. It was pretty horrible. I don't know if this show is on anymore.

Bono's American Wife said:
When Mr. BAW and I opened our PI business, one of the first things we agreed on was that we would not take domestic/cheating spouse type of work. If you need to hire a detective to confirm that your spouse/lover is cheating, they probably are and you don't need to pay someone $65 an hour to tell you what you already know. We could make a ton of money and look the other way but profiting on someone else's misery doesn't appeal to either one of us.

hey.... that's cool :D, I've never knew of someone who work as PI.

MrsSpringsteen said:

David Vitalli is marketing the kit online for $80,

the kit should just be a box with a note in it and a $10 bill

The note should say here is $10 bucks
buy a twelve pack and move on.

U2Girl1978 said:
Yep. I think it was called Cheaters. The host of that show was stabbed by the guy who was caught on camera. It was pretty horrible. I don't know if this show is on anymore.

I've seen episodes on while flipping through the channels, yeah. Whether or not they're new episodes or reruns, though, that I'm not sure of.

Anywho...

nbcrusader said:
Why talk to your spouse when you can do secret tests?

Really, no kidding.

Stupid idea, these tests :down:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom