Holy Kanye! Anybody else see this? - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2005, 11:22 AM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

ive been very respectful madam.

maybe another needs to pull their head out of a certain orifice that belongs to a guy who lives in a big white house and has a dog named Barney

and your posts are onlt agenda oriented it appears.
I respectfully disagree, you haven't been respectful-certainly not in what you said to BVS.. And you made that first comment w/ the after it, but I can't?

No I have no agenda other than I am extremely frustrated and angry at what is going on and with my government. I want people held accountable and I want people not to have to suffer because of incompetence and insensitivity.

Is your "agenda" to defend George Bush at any and all costs?

Old 09-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Why does it always lead to bickering in here?

Never mind, don't answer that.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I want people held accountable and I want people not to have to suffer because of incompetence and insensitivity.

Is your "agenda" to defend George Bush at any and all costs?
No.
And if you want people to be held accountable you would take a step back and read the article above I just posted and realize that
A) race had nothing to do w it.
B) The Govt Officails of Louisiana and NO were much more responisble for and GW is being used as an emotional scapegoat by ppl hurting, wrongly so.
C)The Fed Govt did the best they could under the circumsatnces.
D) And I don't blindly support GW, respecting the fact that he is only a mortal in a postion that can be overwhelming at times but shouldn't be blamed for something not in his control.

db9
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No.
And if you want people to be held accountable you would take a step back and read the article above I just posted and realize that
A) race had nothing to do w it.
B) The Govt Officails of Louisiana and NO were much more responisble for and GW is being used as an emotional scapegoat by ppl hurting, wrongly so.
C)The Fed Govt did the best they could under the circumsatnces.
D) And I don't blindly support GW, respecting the fact that he is only a mortal in a postion that can be overwhelming at times but shouldn't be blamed for something not in his control.

db9
Race has everything to do with it. Whether you are black or white, race is always an issue.

Everyone needs to be held accountable in some way. Bush had a bill presented to him that could have fixed the levees but he did not sign it. He had the chance to help out these people but he didn't do it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #245
New Yorker

Read my article Diamond before you defend yours.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #246
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Race has everything to do with it. Whether you are black or white, race is always an issue.
This is the "you're a racist, prove me wrong" model. It is highly unproductive.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

This is the "you're a racist, prove me wrong" model. It is highly unproductive.
I wasn't calling anyone a racist.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Did you read this diamond? Why do you think African Americans feel that way..oh yes, they're only using George Bush as an "emotional scapegoat"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/12/ka...poll/index.html

All that truly matters is what THEY think, feel, and experience-and THAT should truly matter to the rest of us

that link isn't working- I posted it earlier in this thread, that one might work
Old 09-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #249
Blue Crack Supplier

erm, i don't know why or how a single article published in a small newspaper written by someone who is clearly mouthing the Rove talking points in regards to the disaster is somehow able to wipe out the near universal assessment by the first responders (the media) and the victims that the federal government, as well as the local governments, were excruciatingly slow in their response. i don't know how the article wipes clean the gaping distance between the idiot lines spouted by Chertoff, Brownie, and Bush in regards to the Convention Center and the levees and the reality on the ground.

but, hey, when you're grasping at straws and irrationally defending an administration, i suppose you take what you can get.

also, race is a factor. it amazes me when white people, especialy, seem to demand clear causation in order to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt racism. it's not as simply as Brownie saying, "i hate black people, so let's not send them aid." nothing in life is a clear cut as the demands some seem to have in order to prove that being poor and black is tantamount to second class citizenship in this country. it's more subtle, more complex, more tied into our very racist history and requires understandings of nuance and links between class and race that goes beyond a the simplistic a + b = c that some people apparently require to even countenance the idea that is so obvious to black people, whether rich or poor: race matters.

i'm going to start a thread on this topic, and i'm going to try and keep it as civil as i possibly can. no Kanye West, no George Bush hates black people and midgets, no Brownie is a fucking moron.

i think we need to tease out the historical ties between class and race and the government so that we can better understand what we mean when we say "race matters."

it does. only white people have the luxury of telling themselves that they are colorblind; or that they want to work to achieve a colorblind society.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life

Mrs S-

Some people are being manipulated by polictiains and entertainers such as Kayne, as you are.

db9
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #251
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Mrs S-

Some people are being manipulated by polictiains and entertainers such as Kayne, as you are.

db9

how does that Kool Aid taste?

Rove makes it up real good, doesn't he?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
the near universal assessment by the first responders (the media) and the victims that the federal government, as well as the local governments, were excruciatingly slow in their response.
It is interesting that this assessement is automatically viewed as fact, rather than good headline material. FEMA took longer to respond in prior hurricane events, but with some coaching from television viewers, we are sold outrage as the proper measuring stick of response time. And has anyone stopped to consider that FEMA was not designed as a first responder entity?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Uh, wrong. I'm not easily manipulated, trust me on that one. I have a decent mind and can think for myself.

So do you mean to imply that the African Americans who answered this poll, or in general, are being manipulated?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #254
ONE
love, blood, life

yes when an entertainer says that their President doesn't care about them because of the color of their skin and some believe it automatically, and when you in turn amplify that message when in fact you know GW isn't a racist then yes you as well as the masses have been manipulated.

db9
Old 09-13-2005, 12:08 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

how does that Kool Aid taste?

Rove makes it up real good, doesn't he?
Probably tastes the same as the stuff the left drinks....