Holy Kanye! Anybody else see this? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2005, 10:38 PM   #196
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

would Jesus want Kayne to cause division and strife among his children by labeling GW something he is not, paticularly now?
No, but did he tell GW to ignore his brothers and sisters for 4 days? Hmm, goes both ways doesn't it?

Old 09-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #197
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

No, but did he tell GW to ignore his brothers and sisters for 4 days? Hmm, goes both ways doesn't it?
BVS-
You can't say that for certain.
After the waters have receded and the dust has settled and we find out the entire truth and details w phone calls, emails and eye witness accounts on who did what, and who sat on their hands..I would encourage not to pass judgement.

You don't have the entire truth only the media's reporting.

peace,
db9

Old 09-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #198
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose

Chris Rock managed to blurt out "Bush Hates Midgets".
I wasn't paying that close attention to the show. More just had it on as background noise while playing with my kids. I could have sworn that Chris said "Bush hates n*****." Glad that is not what was said.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #199
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

BVS-
You can't say that for certain.
After the waters have receded and the dust has settled and we find out the entire truth and details w phone calls, emails and eye witness accounts on who did what, and who sat on their hands..I would encourage not to pass judgement.

You don't have the entire truth only the media's reporting.

peace,
db9
No I think it speaks for itself. I'm not saying he bears all the burden, but he bears some. He's the leader of the free world and millions of his inhabitants are suffering and were left stranded far too long.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

bvs-

you judge prematurely...

im more concerned what ppl did immediately as the ppl were drowning, one concern is while ppl drowned some chose to affix blame prematuerly..

if a large building were engulfed in flames and we knew ppl were still alive inside.. would we stand around and agrue about smoke detectors, who started the fire.. as the building burnt or would we recuse the ppl trapped inside?

db9
Old 09-11-2005, 12:57 AM   #201
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
bvs-
you judge harshly.

db9
You're a funny man. You judged first. You judged much more harshly than I ever did. Take a step back Diamond, take off your rose colored glasses and look at the suffering of our brothers.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:02 AM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

read my edit.

good night.

db9
Old 09-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:34 PM
The Jesus I believe in and know in my heart cares about truth, and wants us to speak it. Sometimes that truth isn't pretty, or can't be saved for a more appropriate time. This isn't just about the hurricane, it's about many other issues that we need to confront. When people are angry, they don't always say the most politically correct thing. Sometimes it's tough to censor what comes from your heart, whether it's right or wrong.

I respect if you don't see it that way diamond, we all have our own truth and I respect that. But I do think maybe at this time, the truth for minorities in this country is far more important than the truth for you and I.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #204
ONE
love, blood, life

Mrs S.-

I have empathy for what happened to each indivual, and empathy for how each indivulal responds to a crisis.

I think Shaq's response was much more healthier than Kayne's.

2 different ppl with parallel circumstances.

All we can do in the present is:

-pray for the victims that they do not despair.
-pray for ppl to come together and help eachother.
-love everyone.

Its a lot simpler than we're making it.

db9
Old 09-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

All we can do in the present is:

-pray for the victims that they do not despair.
-pray for ppl to come together and help eachother.
-love everyone.

Its a lot simpler than we're making it.

db9
Yes what Shaquille is doing is wonderful, I'm sure Kanye will do what he can to help as well. He seems angry about the situation for poor African Americans in this country and I happen to think that anger is justified.

I don't think that's all we can do, I think we can also take a good hard look at ourselves in the mirror as a country and as individuals . That is not simple, but it is necessary. Like I said, it's not just about the hurricane.

So we can do both, we can help w/ the hurricane and also work on other things
Old 09-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
bvs-

you judge prematurely...

im more concerned what ppl did immediately as the ppl were drowning, one concern is while ppl drowned some chose to affix blame prematuerly..

if a large building were engulfed in flames and we knew ppl were still alive inside.. would we stand around and agrue about smoke detectors, who started the fire.. as the building burnt or would we recuse the ppl trapped inside?

db9
You may call it affixing blame prematurely, but I call it calling a spade a spade. It was obvious to a kindergartner that the government on all levels was incredibly inept at responding to the tragedy. People raising a stink about it may have finally spurred some action.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #207
ONE
love, blood, life

"that the government on all levels was incredibly inept "

so how does that justify calling gw a racist which is the topic at hand and more importantly how does that save or heal ppl quicker?

db9
Old 09-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

so how does that justify calling gw a racist which is the topic at hand and more importantly how does that save or heal ppl quicker?

db9
Sorry, diamond, I thought we were talking about people criticizing the government in general, not specifically what Kanye said. I guess I forgot what this thread was originally about, since we seemed to have wandered off topic a bit. What I meant was who knows how long it would have taken the government to react if people hadn't asked hard questions about what was going on?

As far what Kanye said, I don't think Bush is really a racist - at least not the sheet-wearing, cross-burning kind. But you have to wonder what the heck is going on when he seems to care more about Trent Lott getting his house rebuilt than rescuing poor black people who have been living in hellish conditions for four days. Personally I think Kanye could have phrased it better, but I'm willing to cut him some slack because he seemed so shaken by what he had been seeing on TV. Sometimes when people get emotional, they don't stop to think about what they say.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 AM   #209
Blue Crack Addict

Kanye West certainly does seem like a master of race relations...

Quote:
"Hip-hop star KANYE WEST is advising his white counterparts that they can only use certain slang terms when they're out of style for black people.

The JESUS WALKS rapper - who recently charged that US President GEORGE W BUSH "doesn't care" about African Americans - believes that certain slang words should only be able to cross racial barriers when they're no longer in style for black people.

He says, "I think white people are allowed to say 'bling'. They are allowed to say old-school black slang, like 'hottie' and 'homie'.

"Actually, I do not think that (white people) are allowed to use slang until it is at least a year old. If you say a slang word too early, it's like you're trying to be black. So as long as the slang is a little played out, you're all good."
I look forward to hearing more of his insightful views in the future.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #210
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:

so how does that justify calling gw a racist
yo Diamond!

its free speech, and a very mild form compared to certain book-burners. thats how people express their opinion. the background is that Bush is the leader of your country, and poor people waited for four days. poor in this region means mainly Afro-American, so there you go, that´s the background. whether your estimated President holds racist or non racist personal views is totally irrelevant. fact is he has failed and there are millions of people who lost their homes. while this tragedy happens people from the same think tank like Bush (neo-liberal, conservative, so-called "Christians") go around sayin duh this is because those ppl were so sinful and NO a city of sin had to go under biblical blah-blah with a racist background.

so whether you get this in your head or not, the connection, while it may be inappropriate, is not made out of the blue. its free speech -deal with it and don´t bash those who question the efficience of your government. or do bash if you will but also this is irrelevant compared to the tragedy and the questions that American citizens naturally ask.