Hokies Thank The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't know where to post this, but all the VT tragedy related threads were here in FYM, so I just put it in here.

Over the past 7 months we in the Virginia Tech community have received SO MUCH support from our friends worldwide. We decided to pay tribute to those who reached out to us this past weekend. Thousands of us gathered on the drillfield to show our thanks.

The "Hokies Thank the World" event brought together thousands of Hokies on the Virginia Tech Drillfield to spell out a message of thanks to the world in recognition of the global outpouring of support and love for the Virginia Tech community following the events of April 16. The message of thanks was recorded by ground, aerial, and satellite imagery and will be shared with the world for free through www.HokiesThankTheWorld.org. The event took place on November 17, 2007 beginning at 10:35am and ending at approximately 11:12am on the Virginia Tech Drillfield in Blacksburg, Virginia.

HTTWa_MG_01-w.jpg

I wanted to put this here because SO MANY of you have done so much. And since this was a global message, I wanted to ensure the interference community knew about it, because you certainly deserve the appreciation. So again, thanks for everything. You all rock my world.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, that's me.
mevtthanks.jpg

Source: Hokies Thank The World

That's really cool. :)

I'm glad there was such an outpouring of support. You deserve it. :hug:

That's no problem at all, Mia, and I would like to return the "Thank You" for your support. :hug:

Walk On! :)

you all are so sweet! :kiss:
Alicia - Overall, I'm doing well, thanks! Occasionally I have my moments, but I just let them run their course. I'm certainly much better than I was a few months ago. :)

Amy - I think the Dept of Geography at VT was responsible for plotting out the letters. They had spray painted them onto the drillfield so we knew exactly where to stand.

Glad you all liked it!

meant to respond to this thread a few days ago. it's really great Mia. it certainly shows how unified VT has been since the shooting. it's great that you can all come together like that and of all the support people gave to VT :hug: Glad you're doing better, too.

It couldn't have been all that easy to make such perfect human-letters. Well done!

And I can't believe the campus looks exactly the same as it did when I was there way back during the $%*#@&^ administration. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom