His grades were not sexy nor was he..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what grade have to do with anything but I think this story might be alittle onesided.

As a college student I know that just looking at GPAs and Grades with out seeing class transcripts can be deceptive. How do we know that Kerry was not taking the most challenging ones in the catalogue? He seemed proud of his "D".

Then again I think this is just media backlash. I really hated how the election spun in terms of the amount of play issues got vs things like this.

unosdostres14 said:
The fact that Kerry might've not had great grades in high school doesn't change the fact that 1,500 or so Americans have died looking for weapons of mass destruction, we went from the biggest surplus in history to the biggest deficit in history, unemployment is the highest it's been for a long time, and hate for America is at the highest level it's ever been at. So, regardless of grades, Bush has been a terrible president. Honestly...I'm generally very open-minded about things like this....and I seriously can't find anything that he has done right in the last five years. Everything has gotten worse.

Stop getting distracted, it's all about the GRADE SCORES damnit! :wink:

financeguy said:

Stop getting distracted, it's all about the GRADE SCORES damnit! :wink:

Yeah you're right. It is all about the grade scores! 1500 mothers, children, brothers, sisters, and fathers dead for no reason. Those ARE just distractions. Good point.

LOL.

1118128925_2198.jpg

not
sexy

db9
:wink:

LOL.....DIAMOND HAS BEEN REDUCTED TO SHEER NAME CALLING AND CHILDISH GAMES LIKE THAT.

IT'S ALRIGHT DIAMOND......THE TRUTH STINGS....

Personally I don't vote for politicians for their sex appeal. :wink: Seriously, I didn't vote against Bush twice because of his grades. I disagree with his agenda. That's what counts to me. There's too much in campaigns that really isn't pertinent or relevant to the situation.

Last edited:
im not reduced.
i made my point.
i orginated this thread
i skillfully and systemately conquered each challenger.

and ms joyful is still beautiful.

thank u,
db9
:angry:

diamond: do you have anything to offer other than schoolyard taunts and the widely debunked claims of "Swift Boat Veterans" for truth, a group whom no one of any credibility believes?

what's tragic is that Kerry waited until now to release all these military records. what does the Boston Globe say:

WASHINGTON -- Senator John F. Kerry, ending at least two years of refusal, has waived privacy restrictions and authorized the release of his full military and medical records.

The records, which the Navy Personnel Command provided to the Globe, are mostly a duplication of what Kerry released during his 2004 campaign for president, including numerous commendations from commanding officers who later criticized Kerry's Vietnam service.

The lack of any substantive new material about Kerry's military career in the documents raises the question of why Kerry refused for so long to waive privacy restrictions. An earlier release of the full record might have helped his campaign because it contains a number of reports lauding his service. Indeed, one of the first actions of the group that came to be known as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was to call on Kerry to sign a privacy waiver and release all of his military and medical records.

But Kerry refused, even though it turned out that the records included commendations from some of the same veterans who were criticizing him.

so, please, no more references to Swift Boat Veterans. despite their service in vietnam, their actions in the 2004 elections are a disgrace to our democracy.

and is there anyone else out there who's baffled as to why Kerry didn't release these records and fully torpedo these pathetic MoFos when he had the chance?

Last edited:
Heh, well, I personally was never one to give much mention to Bush's grades in school to begin with, so I'm not gonna do it with Kerry, either. And I see the whole thing with the military records is coming up again...that was another subject I got sick to death of hearing about last year.

I just simply agree with this sentiment:

unosdostres14 said:
The fact that Kerry might've not had great grades in high school doesn't change the fact that 1,500 or so Americans have died looking for weapons of mass destruction, we went from the biggest surplus in history to the biggest deficit in history, unemployment is the highest it's been for a long time, and hate for America is at the highest level it's ever been at. So, regardless of grades, Bush has been a terrible president. Honestly...I'm generally very open-minded about things like this....and I seriously can't find anything that he has done right in the last five years. Everything has gotten worse.

I don't care if Bush was an A+ student-with all the stuff he's done since becoming president, he hasn't shown himself to be a smart person in my eyes, grades at Yale be damned. I can't really imagine Kerry doing a lot of the things that unosdostres14 referred to Bush having done, therefore to me Kerry is smarter than Bush, again, grades at Yale be damned.

Also, I don't think Kerry or Bush are even remotely sexy, so this constant thing of using that word in relation to them is making my stomach do some very unsettling things...

Angela

unosdostres14 said:

Well, there was a little election in November of 2004, and most people saw things differently.

The US military and coalition forces have removed the worst dicator and intolerable threat to global security from power. It is impossible to fully measure how much better off the whole world is without Saddam in power. The US and coalition forces are now engaged in a struggle to build a strong and prosperous Iraq while protecting it from foreign terrorist and Saddam loyalist.

As for the economy, it started to slump on Clinton's watch and then fell into recession as Bush came into office. But today, unemployment in the United States is only 5.1%. That is one of the lowest unemployment rates in the history of the United States and lower than the average unemployment rate during the Clinton years.

STING2 said:

Well, there was a little election in November of 2004, and most people saw things differently.

i almost admire how persistantly you make untrue claims.

"most" people does not 51% equal. that would be "a slim majority."

Irvine511 said:

3 million voters=slim? :eyebrow:

:hmm:Would Rossane Barr's figure be svelte in your estimation?
peace,

db9
:wink:

STING2 said:

And now it's June 2005 and people have a hangover. He's posting his worst approval numbers of his term:

52% overall disapproval and a 60% disapproval of the war in Iraq. 62% disapproval of his Social Security reform proposals.

I guess public opinion is either fickle at least and retarded at most.

Melon

melon said:

And now it's June 2005 and people have a hangover. He's posting his worst approval numbers of his term:

52% overall disapproval and a 60% disapproval of the war in Iraq. 62% disapproval of his Social Security reform proposals.

I guess public opinion is either fickle at least and retarded at most.

Melon

A monthly poll of a thousand people is nothing compared to an election with a 100 million people involved. May was a rough month in Iraq thanks to the terrorist, so naturally Bush's numbers took a hit. Watch the poll numbers again if this month or the next turns into a rough month for certain terrorist leaders. If there is real disatisfaction with Bush, the last chance to really see it is the 2006 congressional elections. But like the previous elections, I'm sure they will show that most of the public feels differently about the President than the Mainstream Press or their polls.

STING2 said:
A monthly poll of a thousand people is nothing compared to an election with a 100 million people involved. May was a rough month in Iraq thanks to the terrorist, so naturally Bush's numbers took a hit. Watch the poll numbers again if this month or the next turns into a rough month for certain terrorist leaders. If there is real disatisfaction with Bush, the last chance to really see it is the 2006 congressional elections. But like the previous elections, I'm sure they will show that most of the public feels differently about the President than the Mainstream Press or their polls.

Of course. Electronic voting machines with no paper trails are easy to manipulate, that's why.

Melon

Irvine511 said:

Most means "greatest in amount or quantity". The candidate that received the largest number of votes in the 2004 election was George Bush.

STING2 said:

Most means "greatest in amount or quantity". The candidate that received the largest number of votes in the 2004 election was George Bush.

no, most refers to a large amount of an undefined quantity of items.

we know how many people voted in the election, 100m. we know that 3m of these people, or roughly 3%, was the difference between the winner and the loser. it gets even more miniscure when you compare it to the number of peopl in the country -- 300m. that's about 1%.

whatever it is, it isn't most.

your second sentence is correct. by using most, you're trying to create the impression that , with the exception of a stubborn few, the vast majority of the country are in agreement with Bush's agenda.

that simply isn't the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom