Hillary seems to be changing her mind...Presidency might be in the mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't take Hillary seriously as a candidate, and for goodness' sakes I was even a Clinton supporter. For starters, Americans still have too much of a problem with female Presidential candidates. I'd bet serious bucks that Elizabeth Dole would have serious problems as a Presidential candidate as well because of her sex. I hate to say this but I think it's true. If the U.K, Portugal, and Turkey have had female heads of state, why can't we? You tell me.

ack! i hate her. she is too involved with signing her books to represent the people of NY. how is she ever going to be able to represent the entire country?

sue4u2 said:

Unlike Who?
I think this is a very interesting question

though I do feel that someone in politics should work at earning the "trust" from the people she/he is representing, things have turned into a popularity show too much

Salome said:
I think this is a very interesting question

though I do feel that someone in politics should work at earning the "trust" from the people she/he is representing, things have turned into a popularity show too much

I agree. Thirty-second sound bites on the evening news are just artifice but they pass for political debate these days. It's been said that there's no way in hell some of our greatest presidents, including Lincoln and FDR, could be elected now because they weren't "media" types.:no: :no:

Well, given that Hillary and her husband became good friends with Bono I'm not surprised that she's using that song for her speeches. She probably only had to place a phone call.

i think shes been a poor defenseless victim.:|
hillary.jpg

Last edited:
:lol:
The debate of how much or little she has ridden on the coat tails of Bill is almost exhausted, though I really do wonder if she has what it takes. She wasn't too successful with trying to help the health care system, was she? I've only heard one sided hindsight commentary.

I honestly don't believe Hillary is going to run. Just because she's a former First Lady...... A former first lady has never run for president. I don't see Hillary as breaking the mold.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I honestly don't believe Hillary is going to run. Just because she's a former First Lady...... A former first lady has never run for president. I don't see Hillary as breaking the mold.

But then again no lady has ever won the presidency..... One thing's for sure.... I officially no longer understand american politics!:|

meegannie said:
I don't know who I like less, Bush or Hilary. :hmm:

same here. I hope she doesn't ever run, cause i don't know what the hell i'd do. I can't see myself voting republican but I don't like her either!

Angela Harlem said:
:lol:
The debate of how much or little she has ridden on the coat tails of Bill is almost exhausted, though I really do wonder if she has what it takes. She wasn't too successful with trying to help the health care system, was she? I've only heard one sided hindsight commentary.

The coat tails argument is very exhausting. I mean who cares, it happens all the time. I mean just look at the current White House and see how long those coat tails are.

Very true BonoVoxSupastar. It's perhaps why people are watching her so closely and picking up more on what she doesn't say rather than what she does. Any reason to back up a theory that without Bill she is nothing, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom