Hillary "demoralizes troops"? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Because it matters to keep a running tally of every stupid error each representative of each party makes?
Unfortunately this is what partisan politics boils down to these days. It's crap.

THIS is being blown way out of proportion. I'm not a fan of hers and I'm not going to defend what she did, but this debate is bordering on silly and to call this her demise is ridiculous.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:48 AM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I don't think that was the time or place for an anti-war agenda, quite frankly. Quite obviously I *do* believe there is a time and a place for an anti-war agenda, and that's in meetings and rallies. No, I don't want anyone to lie. But those reports about suicides in Iraq make me nervous about their morale, and this is something you don't play with. It's a serious situation. It's just not the best thing for their psychological well-being, I don't think. They are our troops, and I think we should support them.
i couldn't have said it any better myself. saying you support the troops while at the same time saying you don't agree with what they're doing and neither does a lot of america kinda negates the support now doesn't it?

and again i would like to reiterate... as i do in every post about hillary... that it sure would be nice if she spent some time here in new york working on our problems. after all, that is what we're supposedly paying her to do.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:38 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

In my opinion....and I do not wish this to be the topic of this thread,,,She IS the best hope of the democratic party...

She dwarfs any of the candidates....
Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Old 12-01-2003, 07:47 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
That's a goat Dread...I am so confused lol....
The picture I posted is a goat....the one I had earlier in my signature was of sheep.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #51
LCK
Acrobat

Hi, I'm just adding another post after coming back to this discussion to read the new posts. I would never tell someone they didn't have the right to an honest opinion or to speak their mind but the 'time and place' thing is very true here. To use a personal example, I'm employed by a local school board & I work in an elementary school. I can and do speak out about issues, (lol its a wee bit of a joke with the principle as to what I'll be up on my soap box about next), however this is what staff meetings are for, school board meetings. A serious issue I can schedule a meeting with the principle or whoever myself. But if I am representing our school- ie at a fundraising event, I would not misuse this opportunity to air my grievances. This is a conflict of interests. Hilary presented herself in this light (a conflict of interests) at the expense of the troops. Did she actually care one iota about these troops, did she see them as individuals or human beings, or were they just pawns to further her agenda?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:35 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
[B] Is she that much of a threat to the conservative side that they get all bent out of shape anytime she does anything public?
[B]
Simple answer. Yes. Otherwise why would people be so inclined to say this is going to be her demise. Please. it so WAY! blown out of proportion. Supporting her or not, the debate always gets attention. It'll get her elected. Watch what I say.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:40 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

*Put's on anti-flame thrower armour*
Old 12-01-2003, 09:00 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Haha...and this was the same Peggy Noonan who was on the "Today" show this morning trying to say that Reagan was pro-union. Can you say "biased"?

Melon
Old 12-01-2003, 09:29 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:25 AM
She....what? Peggy Noonan claimed that Reagan was pro-union? What a joke. If Reagan was pro-union I was born on a UFO. And actually, folks, I was born in a hospital.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Hillary Clinton, Princess?

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Its more her "HAIL TO THE PRINCESS" demeanor that gets most normal folk worked up..
(conseratives
moderates
and
independents)

ultraliberals and angry women love her.

DB9
Diamond explains it all.
No wonder I "love" Hillary--I'm an angry ultraliberal woman!!!
(No joke--I really am!)
And if you think I'm mad now, just WAIT until I can't get U2 tickets!!!!!

Seriously, I like the woman. And I can't help but wonder what would have been said if, say, Libby Dole went on that trip instead...

Diane
Old 12-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
[B]

i couldn't have said it any better myself. saying you support the troops while at the same time saying you don't agree with what they're doing and neither does a lot of america kinda negates the support now doesn't it?[B]
Someone I love very dearly is in the army. The only reason he has not been sent to Iraq yet is b/c his unit is an urban combat training unit. While I support him I do not support sending him into harms way. Does that make sense? I don't know... I tell him exactly what I think of the situation and he respects me for it. I don't think the men and women who choose to serve in the armed forces deserve to be lied to about the opinions of the American people. I find it insulting that some would rather have only "sunshine and roses" things told to the troops. Do we really have so little faith in them to believe that their morale will be dampened by this kind of news? I really hope not.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:43 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:25 AM
WildHoneyAlways,

The Soldiers in Iraq are not being lied to about people who oppose the war. My friends who served in Iraq saw and heard the protest and it made them angry. Not that they don't support the right to protest, but they strongly believed in what they were doing and are very proud of what they accomplished.

Do the protest effect Moral? It can. Are they being lied to, no. Are they aware of the protest, absolutely!

Most Americans currently support the removing of Saddam and US operations in Iraq. Soldiers are aware of that as well.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:43 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

As a former soldier I would have given my life for your right to protest.

I believe Hillary has EVERY right to express her opinions about the administration here. Iraq was not the place to do it.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:25 AM

Who blundered more?

or..