Hillary "demoralizes troops"? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2003, 11:55 PM   #31
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:16 AM
I was serious in my reply, but didn't want to sound so critical Dread lol. She was wrong to do this in many people's eyes regardless of which party they support. The manner in which she stepped up on her little box was poor. My main point was we expect and demand our politicians do the respectful thing when it is due, yet at times we don't extend that curtesy ourselves. Any opportunity is a good opportunity to paint the other side as whatever the given topic might dictate. This is a more fair example of pointing out a flaw in an action someone has undertaken, but how often is it not so fair? How often do we jump on any other random happening to promote our own agenda and ideals in a bid to point a finger or highlight a certain lack of class and respect? We do this ourselves when using examples of politicians doing the precise same thing.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:17 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I was serious in my reply, but didn't want to sound so critical Dread lol. She was wrong to do this in many people's eyes regardless of which party they support. The manner in which she . My main point was we expect and demand our politicians do the respectful thing when it is due, yet at times we don't extend that curtesy ourselves. Any opportunity is a good opportunity to paint the other side as whatever the given topic might dictate. thing.
Angela-
You shouldnt shrug your sholuders.
In our country when we elect offcials we expect a certain decourm
in the public eye.
We also expect this sort of decourm to manifest itself in an international setting especially when at war w/a certain country.

For the record I cannot rememeber any Republican Senator in recent history EVER knocking the policies of a sitting president the way this person demonsrated.

My prediction is w/this act of outlandishness, she has just sealed her polictical fate.
She is now yesterday's news.

Her fans will call her brave, the majority of Americans will see her as the way you put it-
"stepped up on her little box was poor"

You were correct.
Wait, watch and see.

DB9

Old 12-01-2003, 12:19 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:16 PM
I don't get this almost hysterical paranoia over Hillary. Maybe it is because I don't live in the USA, that I never really saw her as a serious candidate for president, nor do I find her to be particularly likeable or personable. Is she that much of a threat to the conservative side that they get all bent out of shape anytime she does anything public?

I find her kind of silly and annoying, not much more.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:22 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I don't get this almost hysterical paranoia over Hillary. Maybe it is because I don't live in the USA,

these 2 statements are the most correct you have made.

DB9
Old 12-01-2003, 12:26 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

I love it when you're patronizing.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:31 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Is she that much of a threat to the conservative side that they get all bent out of shape anytime she does anything public?

Its more her "HAIL TO THE PRINCESS" demeanor that gets most normal folk worked up..
(conseratives
moderates
and
independents)

ultraliberals and angry women love her.

DB9
Old 12-01-2003, 12:32 AM   #37
Jesus Online

Diamond, any country hopes and expects the same of their elected officials. Regardless of party, most agree there is a time and a place and while joining with troops on turkey day, is not said time or place.
You say you cannot remember a rep doing this in recent history. Score another to you? Is that why you guys do this? Because it matters to keep a running tally of every stupid error each representative of each party makes? I'm sure the liberals have as many on their score card for every balls up one of your guys has done too. Infact, there are entire web sites dedicated to the stupid things your most recent has said. In this case, it is more sensitive and in light of what is happening and why the troops are there you are all right that it is very low of her. Americans seem so party focused and a little blind to the fact all of them stuff up every now and then. Maybe not blind, but willing to gloss over or find any kind of justification if it looks like face will be lost. The pot and the kettle, you know?

As for whether this will be her grand undoing, I doubt it. America is not stupid, it will take more than this ballsup to take away votes from her which I happen to think will eventuate anyway. Its not going to help, but its not the ultimate deciding factor surely.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:39 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Diamond, any country hopes and expects the same of their elected officials. Regardless of party, most agree there is a time and a place and while joining with troops on turkey day, is not said time or place.
You say you cannot remember a rep doing this in recent history. Score another to you? Is that why you guys do this? Because it matters to keep a running tally of every stupid error each representative of each party makes? I'm sure the liberals have as many on their score card for every balls up one of your guys has done too. Infact, there are entire web sites dedicated to the stupid things your most recent has said. In this case, it is more sensitive and in light of what is happening and why the troops are there you are all right that it is very low of her. Americans seem so party focused and a little blind to the fact all of them stuff up every now and then. Maybe not blind, but willing to gloss over or find any kind of justification if it looks like face will be lost. The pot and the kettle, you know?

As for whether this will be her grand undoing, I doubt it. America is not stupid, it will take more than this ballsup to take away votes from her which I happen to think will eventuate anyway. Its not going to help, but its not the ultimate deciding factor surely.
Listen to me you little Aussie-
I dont think this was a 'stupid error' on her part.
I think it was a calculated, formulated move, and I do think it will lead to her eventul undoing and downfall.
She did not a "bonehead thing" but close to an unpardonable blunder that she didnt realize but will realize later.

Watch and see.

DB9
Old 12-01-2003, 12:57 AM   #39
Jesus Online

Did you even read that Diamond? A stupid error it is, calculated or not. I'm not arguing with you on the merits of what she did.
This is nuts lol....
Old 12-01-2003, 12:58 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

oh go eat a kangaroo burger
Old 12-01-2003, 01:00 AM   #41
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:16 PM
I think a "certain someone" here is making waaaaay too much of this whole thing.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:02 AM   #42
Refugee

She took advantage... grrrr....
Old 12-01-2003, 01:10 AM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I think a "certain someone" here is making waaaaay too much of this whole thing.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:35 AM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Fernando,

Those look like goats to me. Am I that far removed from a Zoology class or are they just really FUGLY sheep?
Having grown up on a DAIRY GOAT FARM (truth) I can tell you these are sheep. You are mistaking these for Saanen Goats, when in fact they are shaved down sheep. Here is a Saanen...and I can understand the case of mistaken identity.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:38 AM   #45
Jesus Online

That's a goat Dread...I am so confused lol....