Hillary Clinton Compares GOP House To A Plantation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so now that hillary has no GOP opponent for her senate seat, i'm guessing she's figured that she can baisicly spend all of her time pandering to the left in a push to gain support for 2008, seeing as she doesn't have to appeal to any moderates anymore 'cause she's baisicly got re-election clinched already.

she makes my skin crawl.

why won't she just go away.

Hillary Clinton has a very negative connotation with most people probably because of remarks like this. She should have stopped at "one of the worst" and not gone into the plantation part. It may be true, but is still not a good choice of words, why Hillary why???

CLARK '08 :rockon:

cjboog said:
Hillary Clinton has a very negative connotation with most people probably because of remarks like this. She should have stopped at "one of the worst" and not gone into the plantation part. It may be true, but is still not a good choice of words, why Hillary why???

Hyperbole makes headlines.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton drew criticism Tuesday for a Martin Luther King Jr. Day speech in which she told a mostly black audience at a Harlem church that Republican leaders have run the House "like a plantation" and the Bush administration will go down as "one of the worst" in U.S. history."Defenders of Clinton also have pointed out comments made in 1994 by former GOP House Speaker Newt Gingrich, shortly before Republicans won a majority in the House, in which he said Democrats "think it's their job to run the plantation" and that "it shocks them that I'm actually willing to lead the slave rebellion."

Also, for varying conservative spokespeople's plantation analogies:

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/blog/index.blog?entry_id=1391214

Both sides making equally dumb comments. Pick your poison.

Back
Top Bottom