Hillary 2008 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2003, 07:42 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonocrazy88
I want Condy Rice in there, that way we'll have a woman president and an African American president at the same time.
Condi....is sooooo damaged goods now it is not funny. I am probably more disappointed in her than in anyone else in the administration. I expect the others to be who they are. I had extremely high hopes for her.

Sorry. Can't vote for her.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:52 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:39 AM
*Shrugs*

I've had no complaints with her so far, from what I've heard and seen. If she were to run for president, as of now, I'm fine with that.

Angela

Old 07-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:39 PM
80s,

sorry, but it looks like Bush, the lesser, may be throwing Condi to the wolves

Quote:
Daily Whispers: Insiders suggest Condoleezza Rice could leave
Thu Jul 24,12:00 PM ET

Paul Bedard

As White House officials try to control the latest fallout over President Bush (news - web sites)'s flawed suggestion in the State of the Union address that Iraq (news - web sites) was buying nuclear bomb materials, there's growing talk by insiders that National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) may take the blame and resign. For most insiders, it's inconceivable that Rice, touted as a future secretary of state, California governor, and even vice president, would go, but the latest revelations that her shop and deputy Stephen Hadley mishandled CIA (news - web sites) warnings have put the NSC in the bull's eye of controversy.

While it's unclear how serious the talk is inside the administration about the future of Rice or Hadley with the NSC, a few top aides are already suggesting replacements for Rice. They include former Bush administration National Security Adviser Brent Scowcroft, NASA (news - web sites) chief and former Navy Secretary Sean O'Keefe, and Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:11 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...dential_poll_1

I saw on the news scroll this AM that she's started a supposed "new fundraising web site". I doubt that's just for a Senate run..
Old 07-31-2003, 10:36 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I am not sure I would want Hillary as President (I may, actually), but I would definitely like to see her run and in debates, I think we may see how smart she is then, and not base our opinions on her personal life.

I think I read she was the most prolific Senator of 2002 somewhere.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:57 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
I say no way. Hillary is only in politics for Hillary. In the last six weeks, the only time I have seen her on TV is to promote her book on Barbara Walters, on NY1 [local station], in Germany, at the local Barnes and Noble, etc.

I've been reading more about Hillary lately and sort of agree with this statement.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:03 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 07:39 AM
Hillary for prez......I don't think so!! I mean I would like to see her debate and see her points of views on issues that involve this nation BUT I have this gut feeling that she is not the person for the job!!! Hopefully there is a strong woman out there that shows herself to be able to do the job and not fuck it up (ie.Bush) Just my opinion.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:46 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll base my decision on who is the best candidate, not who's a female/minority, etc.

As for Hillary, I have liked her most of the time, but am agreeing here with what sharky posted about her in regards to promoting her book.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:39 PM   #24
Refugee

I don't post much in FYM, but as a NYS resident, how Hillary carpetbagged her way into the Senate was a total disgrace. She has never lived in this state, and has no qualifications for political office other than she was on the Watergate Commission and worked for the Rose Law Firm in Arkansas. Hillary only does what is best for Hillary....if she sincerely wanted to represent consituents without ulterior motives, then she would have gone back to Arkansas and run for the Senate there, or possibly Illinois, where she was born and raised. But of course, she went to NYS because it has one of the highest populations in the country, and there was a vacant position. She promised she would work to bring"100,000 jobs" to WNY - my area....and well........

Someone brought up the point that Schumer is working for his constituents...that is true. I have to give him credit for visiting Western NY frequently, an often forgotten portion of NYS. I believe the only time Hillary was here in recent memory was to accept an award from the University of Buffalo.

So, Hillary in 2008 -

Take care everyone
Old 08-05-2003, 07:45 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:39 AM
I've heard she's a bitch.

I hate mean people.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

meggie.

i wouldn't vote for her if my life depended on it.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

you guys are right, our current President is a much wiser, cosmopolitan choice...
Old 08-07-2003, 03:01 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

good lord i didn't say that.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:18 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

HI FLOWER

Old 08-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by senrab
I don't post much in FYM, but as a NYS resident, how Hillary carpetbagged her way into the Senate was a total disgrace. She has never lived in this state, and has no qualifications for political office other than she was on the Watergate Commission and worked for the Rose Law Firm in Arkansas.
Then petition your state government to change its residency laws. She did nothing illegal.

As for "qualifications," please. You can't even count on your hand the number of spouses and children of politicians get into office. In fact, our current president is a great example of that. What made him qualified to be our president?

The "qualifications" issue is a big hole in this argument, because there are many politicians who are, technically, "unqualified." However, some of them have been brilliant and others have been terrible (and, of course, there are many that are in the middle).

Melon