Hilarious Hate Mail From Michael Moore Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
being in the capital of the confederacy there's STILL bitterness around here. (downtown still hasn't recovered from the fire during the war). old richmond (the mindset) is like a completely different era. it's fascinating, and unfortunately some of the young people are still being bred to think like that. :madspit:

That is pretty sad. Hopefully, this country will stop playing the whole "where you're from is everything" game. I would hope that would end after the whole East Coast vs. West Coast hip hop rivalry died out. But then again, I must be dreaming. Probably why I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Electoral College rule. I think it would actually unite the country, and Texas Democrats and New York Republicans would be more fond of voting, knowing that their voices are equally heard.

Macfistowannabe said:
That is pretty sad. Hopefully, this country will stop playing the whole "where you're from is everything" game. I would hope that would end after the whole East Coast vs. West Coast hip hop rivalry died out. But then again, I must be dreaming. Probably why I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Electoral College rule. I think it would actually unite the country, and Texas Democrats and New York Republicans would be more fond of voting, knowing that their voices are equally heard.

I can agree with that.

The whole Confederate thing is alive and well here in Alabama, where the first capital of the Confederacy was (Montgomery). Alot of people who do medieval re-enactment also do Civil War re-enactment, and, unlike medieval re-enactors, who do not want to bring back divine right monarchy and feudalism, they are really into the politics of their re-enactment as well. I have slave-owners for ancestors myself. I don't support anything Confederate, but there's no stamping this stuff out. I'm not saying these guys have anything to do with hate outfits like the Klan. They don't. They still talk about secession like it's some sort of great big right or privilege, while I think the whole idea stinks.

Even here in California there are people who participate in civil war reenactments who actually believe in the confederacy. as a reporter for a local newspaper i participated/covered one. i was a rebel (looked damn cool by the by) and some of the crap my fellow rebels were saying were scary.
oh the NRA was not founded to give blacks guns....that's laughable

blueyedpoet said:
Even here in California there are people who participate in civil war reenactments who actually believe in the confederacy.
From time to time, I see a few trucks with stickers that say "The South Was Right" or whatever on them. I'm surprised they haven't been carjacked. Besides, what's a statement like that going to do for/against our modern society? The majority of mankind altogether finally said this oppression has to stop, end of story. I'm sure that at least 90% of America see those people as mindless.

blueyedpoet said:
some of the crap my fellow rebels were saying were scary.
At least you make a more valid argument than using the word redneck repeatedly and using a popular punk song to make a point. I do find it hilarious - and rather childish to have a Green Day song - especially "American Idiot" as a basis for an argument. Hopefully you laughed as hard as I did.

i knew i could count on verte to be a Green Day fan...i think that entire record sums up what is going on in this country quiet well, as well as making sense of this thread

U2democrat said:
being in the capital of the confederacy there's STILL bitterness around here. (downtown still hasn't recovered from the fire during the war). old richmond (the mindset) is like a completely different era. it's fascinating, and unfortunately some of the young people are still being bred to think like that. :madspit:

My family is in Richmond (I grew up just south of there) and I can validate what you're saying. Because I moved to NYC when I left Va., I am still, two decades later, referred to by my mom's friends as, "the yankee.":coocoo:

But I also know some very cool people down there. :up:

verte76 said:
For the record, I love "American Idiot". I'm a Green Day fan.
I too enjoy Green Day, but that song is far from my favorite Green Day song. Their last three albums have been brilliant, minus their song "American Idiot." For a punk band, they have a lot of guts to go outside their genre as much as they did with Warning and the American Idiot album. Something about the media and the recording industry struck me oddly when the song "American Idiot" - became their only number one hit.

Their non-political songs (99% of them) are pretty underrated among the charts. That's gotta tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom