high american admin. source confirms immediate action in iraq!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
Ted Connors, AP

New York, New York

Speaking to Chris Matthews and television viewers across America on the hit tv sindicate 'Hardball', American Defence Secretary assistant Jonathon K. Hillbinger announced America's immediate plans to invade Iraq.

Citing the need to "wipe terror from the face of the world," Hillbinger said war was inevitable due to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's unwillingness to comply with UN resolutions.

"Saddam was given a window of time to prove to the UN and to the whole world that he was serious about disarming his vast array of weapons of mass destruction," Hillbinger said. "Unfortunately, he has not, and had led his people and many of the stupid hippies across the world to believe that he has nothing to hide."

Visibly outraged by the anti-war movement, Hillbinger went on to describe the millions of protesters as "evil", "irrelevant", and "french, spineless clowns."

When asked to explain his outrage towards the "evil hippies", the assistant to Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was quick to offer his take.

"America, and all the free nations of the world are proud to be a part of a democracy, that's what we're all about," said Hillbinger. "For people to be able to protest against the government line is what used to make our country great. Now, they have taken it too far. I'd be lieing if I said my feelings weren't hurt by the protestors stance.

"They are saying things like "no blood for oil" and "we dont want your dirty war," and it's stupid. Their arguement is stupid and it's evil."

In the process of the interview, the assistant persuaded this reporter to comply with his demand that the article be presented in a pro-government fashion.

"I'm sick to the teeth of reading garbage in page 4 editorials about how people have the right to say what's on their mind, the truth is, they shouldn't have that right," exclaimed a very emotional Hillbinger. "When I become President one day, there will be no voice of dissent among my peoples, because I won't allow it to be heard."

Alarmed, CBS cut the interview short of its usual 30 minute slot.

In related news, ratings are expected to increase for tommorow nights broadcast.

See my comment in Diamond's lovely thread. Same principle stands. At least you know who you're voting for, when they stop trying to be coy and just say what they're about.

I'm touched. Now I almost wish the article was made-up or taken out of context or something, cause if that's what they really think then God help us.

LOL Isn't the real news in the world bad enough without making up this story...Bear?

:p, im bored and ive been sick for a week. i think im going to take up ted connors moniker and write a daily piece with him. its fun.

and more importantly, it wastes time.

Does anyone wonder whether the us gov.t actually have an ulterior motive behind their aggressive stance, which they will never tell the public media... because it might be a deep secret that would exploit/shame our own country? :shrug:

Hardball is on MSNBC....not CBS...LOL Just for future reference.

Did you see SNL? Opening was Hardball.

Dreadsox said:
Hardball is on MSNBC....not CBS...LOL Just for future reference.

Did you see SNL? Opening was Hardball.

at first i didnt know if i wanted to source the quote from "Saturday Night Live" or not, but yes, i was inspired by that, lol.

thanks for the clarification, nevertheless. i didnt exactly do my research on this piece.

Damn, at first I thought this was real news and couldn't believe a political official would say this to the press!! OMG!!! The real news is bad enough. But I get your drift, I've been sick for a week too. :censored: flu...............

bear-(off topic)

my idiot friends want to go to winnipeg for spring break because they can drink.

however, there was just a law passed that says if you have an american i.d, you have to be american age.

they argue with me saying that they are grandfathered in, that they can use their i.d to get loaded in winnipeg. :|

i don't think it's grandfathered...part of me wants to not tell them and let them waste their break in winnipeg, but part of me feels guilty. do you know if it is grandfathered?

Oh dear, it was all a hoax. I'll never trust anything again. Hmph. Very plausible though, cause it's often the obscure 'assistant' figures in the administration who get the job of saying the really extreme stuff. But even so, I was duped. What can I say. Eggs etc.

Lilly said:
bear-(off topic)

my idiot friends want to go to winnipeg for spring break because they can drink.

however, there was just a law passed that says if you have an american i.d, you have to be american age.

they argue with me saying that they are grandfathered in, that they can use their i.d to get loaded in winnipeg. :|

i don't think it's grandfathered...part of me wants to not tell them and let them waste their break in winnipeg, but part of me feels guilty. do you know if it is grandfathered?

i wasnt even aware that such a law existed! what does grandfathered mean? ive met many wonderful americans at bars in winnipeg (though bars suck, its how you react inside that countse), so this is news to me.

sorry i cant be of more help!

Kieran McConville said:
Oh dear, it was all a hoax. I'll never trust anything again. Hmph. Very plausible though, cause it's often the obscure 'assistant' figures in the administration who get the job of saying the really extreme stuff. But even so, I was duped. What can I say. Eggs etc.

well if its any consolation, i am a journalist by day, a suicidal-sex crazed-maniac by night.

LOL HAHAHAH... Whew, you got me. I was ready to statr firing off letters & emails to my representatives asking for his immediate dismissal then realized if he actually said that I wouldn't have too. Missed SNL last night. I've seen the Chris M skits before. Classic humor. Reminds me of the late great Phil Hartman, I loved and miss that guy.:censored: :sexywink: :wink:

Last edited:
theSoulfulMofo said:
Does anyone wonder whether the us gov.t actually have an ulterior motive behind their aggressive stance, which they will never tell the public media... because it might be a deep secret that would exploit/shame our own country? :shrug:

30Yritch.jpg

A very interesting article in the new MotherJones mag. Dreyfuss states the policy on the Persian Gulf started during the Carter Admin during the oil crisis. The main quote that I think is so true is "Controlling Iraq ia about oil as power, rather than oil for fuel", says Michael Klare, professor of peace and world security studies at Hampshire College, "Control over the Persian Gilf translates into control over Europe, Japan, and China. It's like having our hand on the spigot."

Gickies Gageeze said:

i wasnt even aware that such a law existed! what does grandfathered mean? ive met many wonderful americans at bars in winnipeg (though bars suck, its how you react inside that countse), so this is news to me.

sorry i cant be of more help!

i guess manitoba got pissed cos all the university of north dakota students went over to canada to get piss drunk and had to stay there all the time. :shrug:

grandfathered is like when the states was changing its legal age to 21. all the people who were 18 at the time were "grandfathered" in and could still drink, though not 21.

Back
Top Bottom