hey you'r not the only one who is ashamed - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Boston, Mass
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:34 PM
hey you'r not the only one who is ashamed

hey i just wanted to let -man inside the child- know that you are not the only one who feels ashamed not only about our goverments actions but the ashamed that people in america do not think for themselves, just like to fill there minds with the propaganda that is fed to them through the media. I am also very disgusted by the fact that our freedom of speech has been taken away because of poeples feelings on this war can not be spoken only if they agree with the goverments actions and the people who DO speak out agianst war are labeled as "traitors".

ROCK ON!
"if you can dream then dream out loud don't let the bastards drag you down"
__________________

__________________
zootvgrrl33gp is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Please give me some specifics of why you don't think that force should be used to dissarm Saddam.

Believe me, most people out in the streets protesting are completely uninformed sheep, that feed themselves with their own propaganda and propaganda of others, and they are the ones who don't think for themselves.

So give me some specific reasons, based in fact, and maybe you can have a little respect. But dropping in and saying everyone for the use of force are mindless sheep is both naive and petty.
__________________

__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 02:34 PM
zootvgrrl33gp,
You do see the irony in what you've written, don't you? Saying that people shouldn't be spoken bady of just for having opposite opinions at the same exact time that you say that people who don't oppose the war don't think for themselves! Ha, I love your idea of free speech..."Free speech as long as everyone agrees with me".
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #4
New Yorker
 
gherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Posts: 2,525
Local Time: 08:34 PM
We have to do this.
__________________
gherman is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
I don't see where anyone called anyone "mindless sheep" in this thread.


Why do the populations of over 90% of all the other countries in the world not support this war?

I believe our news media presents differnent views/stories to US.

If the American people get flawed information they will arrive at flawed conclusions.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
We have to do this.
No we don`t.
__________________
Rono is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Why do the populations of over 90% of all the other countries in the world not support this war?

I believe our news media presents differnent views/stories to US.

If the American people get flawed information they will arrive at flawed conclusions.
Exactly. Our media is ABSOLUTELY appaling.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I don't see where anyone called anyone "mindless sheep" in this thread.


Why do the populations of over 90% of all the other countries in the world not support this war?

I believe our news media presents differnent views/stories to US.

If the American people get flawed information they will arrive at flawed conclusions.
Actually it's statements like this that are flawed. 90% is in no way representative of the entire world view on the conflict. 90% is the VERY highest percentage reported for ONE country at the statistics that I have seen, and this was reported by a very liberal source arguing against the use of force.

You can't argue that people for use of force are being fed misinformation and then in the same statement use misinformation to try and get your point across
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish




And as I predicted zootvgrrl couldn't give me one concrete peice of information that would say why she believes the use of force isn't necessary.
You just posted your question about 40 minutes ago. I don't think it's fair to label her as "misinformed" just because she hasn't replied to your post within the hour.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:11 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
zootvgrrl33gp,
You do see the irony in what you've written, don't you? Saying that people shouldn't be spoken bady of just for having opposite opinions at the same exact time that you say that people who don't oppose the war don't think for themselves! Ha, I love your idea of free speech..."Free speech as long as everyone agrees with me".
I know and I think people have every right to protest. I think that it's a critical part of being an American to disagree with your government. I am saying is that with this conflict, people are jumping on a protest bandwagon and are not sitting down and doing research on what is really going on. They are screaming for "peace" yet 1.2 million people have died under Saddam Hussein's rule because he won't disarm and the U.N. continues sanctions against them. I have never seen "peace" bring so much death.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie


You just posted your question about 40 minutes ago. I don't think it's fair to label her as "misinformed" just because she hasn't replied to your post within the hour.
Aaaaaah... I'm sorry, I totally misread someones post. Sorry to everyone and especially zootvgrrl.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:24 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 07:34 PM
I didn't mean to sound mean.
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:27 PM   #13
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish


Actually it's statements like this that are flawed. 90% is in no way representative of the entire world view on the conflict. 90% is the VERY highest percentage reported for ONE country at the statistics that I have seen, and this was reported by a very liberal source arguing against the use of force.

You can't argue that people for use of force are being fed misinformation and then in the same statement use misinformation to try and get your point across
My dear, use of force is necessary, unavoidable sometimes. That's out of question. What matters is that we use it legally and legitimately. Introducing Lynch Law in international relations leads us back to the jungle where the strongest eat the weakest. That is what UN and international law were created for. It's a pity we see it agony now
__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:28 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish


Actually it's statements like this that are flawed. 90% is in no way representative of the entire world view on the conflict. 90% is the VERY highest percentage reported for ONE country at the statistics that I have seen, and this was reported by a very liberal source arguing against the use of force.

And as I predicted zootvgrrl couldn't give me one concrete peice of information that would say why she believes the use of force isn't necessary.

pretty much illustrates the point of the loud voices of the uninformed and misinformed.
I don't see where zootvgrrl33gp has replied to you either. She does not have to reply, and I would not blame her. In your response to her post you tried to put words in her mouth.

As for my post I will restate it. It seems you may not have understood what I was trying to state. Only two countries, the US and Israel supported this war without UN approval. I believe the majority of all the other countries do not. Why do you think that is?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-20-2003, 05:29 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish


Actually it's statements like this that are flawed. 90% is in no way representative of the entire world view on the conflict. 90% is the VERY highest percentage reported for ONE country at the statistics that I have seen, and this was reported by a very liberal source arguing against the use of force.

You can't argue that people for use of force are being fed misinformation and then in the same statement use misinformation to try and get your point across
I doubt that 90% of the Iraqi citizens are against this action. Of course, if they are responding to official Iraqi polling services, they must give another answer.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com