Hey! This Dean guy is looking good right now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who?

James Dean?

Almost 50 years after his dead I don't think he'll look too handsome...

C ya!

Marty (who doesn't know all the domestic US celebrities)

I never pick candidates along party lines, and I may be one of the only people in America to have watched the debate two weekends ago. My opinion is that if you want to see GW elected again, this guy needs to be the candidate. He is to far to the left of center to successfully topple a sitting president. He has other flaws, ie foreign policy areas.

Peace

Agreed. Dean may have good ideas but they aren't in line with the most important voters -- the large undecided contigent in the middle. Dean is another Nader -- good ideas but not the guy that can win because those ideas are too radical for middle of the road Americans.

Unfortunately, that means you have to have a bland vanilla nominee but really, isn't that what we already have in the White House?

Well, we *think* we need some centrist vanilla president, but do we? As Harry Truman said, if you have to choose between a Republican and a Republican, the voter will choose the Republican. I think the Democrats learned that lesson the hard way in 2000, and if they pick some Democrat who is too centrist that it sucks the meaning out of the word "Democrat," then, yes, I think we'll have another four years of this reign of terror.

Melon

but the problem is most Americans are centrist. Harry Truman is right but in the next elelction, people will be more concerned about voting for the french bean vanilla or the soft yogurt vanilla. There are too many people against Dean's issues to vote him. Even if they liked him, its not about ideals anymore, its about who has the more appealing TV ads. I wish that weren't the case but that's the way American politics have become.

U2Bama said:
Did y'all know that he is opposed to federal gun control?

~U2Alabama

Ahhh...Bama, I missed you! And now I see why. The one who tells me real information.

Don't get me wrong, I like the debate about centrist vs. not-centrist, but I'd like some meaty information.

Keep it coming.

Interesting, some of the leftists prefer Kucinich to Dean. I don't really know why. I never start following presidential politics this early.

yeah, why are we even concerned about this when the election is a year and a half away? I'll pay attention just in time for the primaries.

U2Bama said:
Did y'all know that he is opposed to federal gun control?

~U2Alabama

and as a gov.;

he balanced the budget,

inacted state-wide health care,

and( I beleive but not sure) signed the gay-marriage act of vermont.(not sure of the actual name of the bill),

is opposed to the ban on Partial birth abortion,

and is a doctor.

I really like what seems to be earnest honesty from Dean. No ambiguous political speech that many politicians seem to have. If his only caveat from the "liberal agenda" is an opposition to federal gun control, then so be it. I think raising the nation's quality of life will stop gun violence more than gun control legislation ever will.

Melon

eardrumbuzz said:

and as a gov.;

he balanced the budget,

inacted state-wide health care,

and( I beleive but not sure) signed the gay-marriage act of vermont.(not sure of the actual name of the bill),

is opposed to the ban on Partial birth abortion,

and is a doctor.

And Alabama's current Governor, less than 4 months into his term, is proposing the biggest tax increases the state has ever known, and now has the blessing of the usually partisan executive director of the state teachers' union. He is also attacking the currently regrssive tax system wherein households making as little as $4,600 annually still have to pay state taxes, simply because he thinks it is immoral for people that poor to have to pay taxes. However, most of the people here would still hate him because he has an "R" next to his name.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom