Hey, DeLay don't let the door hit you on the way out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
According to the New York Times:
WASHINGTON, April 3 — Representative Tom DeLay, the relentless Texan who helped lead House Republicans to power but became ensnared in a corruption scandal, has decided to leave Congress, House officials said Monday night.
Mr. DeLay, who abandoned his efforts to hold onto his position as majority leader earlier this year after the indictment of the lobbyist Jack Abramoff, a former ally, was seeking re-election as vindication. But he told selected colleagues that, facing the possibility of defeat, he had decided not to try to hold on to his House seat.

We salute you, with a finger in the air and a hand on our...well, y'know.

let us pause, and reflect upon the words of Mr. DeLay:

[q]"Sides are being chosen, and the future of man hangs in the balance! The enemies of virtue may be on the march, but they have not won, and if we put our trust in Christ, they never will ... It is for us then to do as our heroes have always done and put our faith in the perfect redeeming love of Jesus Christ."[/q]

I like this excerpt from last week.

Conservative leaders are crafting plans to launch a public campaign to defend House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas).

The move follows a meeting last week among DeLay, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the chief deputy majority whip, and nearly two dozen conservative leaders, including David Keene, chairman of the American Conservative Union; Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council; Morton Blackwell, president of the Leadership Institute; and Edwin Feulner, president of the Heritage Foundation.

"Any politician that hopes to have conservative support in the future better be in the forefront as we attack those who attack Tom DeLay," he said.

By Digsby:
"They claimed that Delay was the personification of conservatism and by God he is. He's a crook and a coward. All these pontificating rightwing "moral majority" gasbags backed him to the hilt.
That's your modern Republican Party for you."

Crook going down.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
:up:

(waits for more Republicans to follow ... :corn: )

Not all republicans are like that. We have Libertarians, Democrats etc.. that are just as bad as Mr. Delay. and yes
I am happy to see him leave.

Irvine511 said:

[q]"Sides are being chosen, and the future of man hangs in the balance! The enemies of virtue may be on the march, but they have not won, and if we put our trust in Christ, they never will ... It is for us then to do as our heroes have always done and put our faith in the perfect redeeming love of Jesus Christ."[/q]

You know, Bill Maher had an excellent piece on this new religious fervor in the Republican party. Something along the lines of there's a real problem with people who spout the divinity of Christ but not the morality of Christ. Seems fitting.

But America isn't a militantly Christian country. That's what I've been told here.

Melon

As someone who lost their very good Democratic Congressman for a lukewarm Republican Congressman due to the redistricting that DeLay was responsible for, I say Tom deLay is a walking advertisement for the old adage "what goes around, comes around". :yes:

This couldn't have happened to a better candidate!

Adios, DeLay. :lmao:

Guess I'll have to wait for the book version of it all........
wonder what the title would be??

:corn:

Irvine511 said:

Oh my gosh, as a Christian, this makes me want to :barf:

Now I must plug www.sojo.net.

Have a nice day.

As a result of hearing the news about Delay, I feel like telling Delay himself "don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya". LOL

Before he took his mug shot and had his fingers inked, he prayed that he could just shine Jesus through the whole process.
Yes, Jesus was all about abusing power and wealth. Yes, Jesus was all about forcing his will. Yes, Jesus was all about uttering hate.
As a pacifist I struggle when thinking about the hypothetical situation in which I see him and just happen to have a baseball bat in my hand:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom