hEteRosExuAlLiTy - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:40 PM
hEteRosExuAlLiTy

I was just thinking it's time to give a thread in praise of the love between a man and a woman.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:40 PM
ewww! how disgusting.

Ack!! Don't let the children see. It will scar them for life.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:40 PM
men
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes, let's do that.

BTW, in case anyone doesn't know, that's Angelina Jolie and her brother.

Melon
Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:40 AM
put a sock in it, melon. honestly.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
put a sock in it, melon. honestly.
Your opinion is duly noted.

Melon
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Your opinion is duly noted.

Melon
as yours has been, a thousand times over.

yours,
the choir
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #8
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:40 PM
There is nothing either praiseworthy nor condemnable about anyone's sexual orientation--it is just what you were born with. Love is something else entirely, and is beautiful for reasons that have nothing to do with either person's sex.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
as yours has been, a thousand times over.

yours,
the choir
No offense intended towards you (I have a pretty good idea why you've written what you've written here), but I wouldn't have to repeat myself a thousand times if I didn't get the same old redundant arguments thrown at me time after time again.

Secondly, this thread is not about the celebration of heterosexuality as much as the trivialization of the thread here on homosexuality. I assure the author of this thread that the celebration of heterosexuality is as redundant as the idea of a "White History Month." Pretty much every aspect of our society is nothing but an incessant celebration of heterosexuality at every twist and turn.

My sincerest of apologies to you, Angela Harlem.

Melon
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #10
War Child

no need to start a fight angela
Old 03-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:40 PM
What I would really like the thread starter to explain is his irresponsible and offensive use of the shift key. wtf?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
What I would really like the thread starter to explain is his irresponsible and offensive use of the shift key. wtf?

Girls (and boys) just wanna have fun.

*i don't apologize for the sFit keY*
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Ready
no need to start a fight angela
I'm not trying to, though I would if I was in a bad enough mood. I do hope melon knows what I mean, and I reckon that is the case. He has been on here long enough to have seen the repeat of every tired argument on this topic. And it really is tiring. Never once has anyone ever offered a valid reason why gay people should be treated as they are and anyone with sense and compassion knows that the gay community is discriminated against. We all hear the arguments that many in society (and on here) feel that due to being female, Lebanese, Jewish, disabled, whatever. I know you're being tongue in cheek, but what if one day you aren't making these comments with a wry old smile, melon? You're one of them, then. I do believe you aren't really like that.

Anyway, I dont reckon things will ever change much around here. It will probably change slower than the rest of society will, you know. One day gays will be able to adopt and get married. People will cease with their bogus differentiating between the sin and the sinner. I say bogus because the whole religion spiel is about loving and accepting and treating everyone fairly, but it's those who buy this which then safely latch onto the flimsy semantics as security, and a valid reason for allowing their own bigotry to continue.

I'll shut it before I do get grumpy.

Peace, melon.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I know you're being tongue in cheek, but what if one day you aren't making these comments with a wry old smile, melon? You're one of them, then. I do believe you aren't really like that.
A lot of what I write is written out of frustration. Yes, I grow tired of writing the same thing over and over, but we have had quite a few new members over the years, and the same kinds of threads reappear periodically. I wish I could say that I could ignore it, but I feel like I have to defend "my people," so to say; just as I'd imagine that it would be hard for a black person to ignore a thread supporting racism (if one existed).

They always say that the truth speaks for itself, so I try my very best to write arguments based on reason, logic, and science. But, yeah, I'm also a fan of satire, so I sometimes think my point can be made through mockery and absurdity, much like Benjamin Franklin in his days.

Anyway, I know we've had this debate once before as to whether I'm going to cross the line from satire to bigotry; so I knew where your original outrage came from here. I look forward to the day that I can end my war with words, and relax in a world free of institutionalized bigotry. Of course, when I see how long it took for blacks to achieve equality in America and the roughly 2000 years it took for Jews to overcome institutionalized anti-Semitism, I sometimes wonder if I'll be fighting all the way to the grave.

It's disconcerting to think about that sometimes.

Melon
Old 03-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

i am here because of heterosexuality. most of my best friends are heterosexuals. so are my parents, and my brother and sister. my grandparents too. i love them all. there's something wonderful about a union that can (often) biologically create more human beings.

but, every day we celebrate heterosexuality. think about, you know, 99% of music, film, television, valentine's day cards, novels, trashy magazines, etc.

yay heterosexuality. it must be wonderful to feel so validated in such a way, every day, that you're not even aware of it.