Heroes fighting with heroes ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
On the news, firemen are fighting with the police in New York after a demostration.

What is the story behind it ?

It is not exactly "fighting," but if you want to believe that it is, then go ahead. The firefighters are protesting the recent decision that no more than 24 firefighters and 24 police officers should be on duty at the recovery site at any one time. The city is saying that they have imposed this limit for safety reasons and not due to overtime pay restraints. The firefighters fear that a smaller workforce will impair the level of attention given to the recovery efforts of remains in the site.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
It is not exactly "fighting," but if you want to believe that it is, then go ahead. ~U2Alabama
Actually, Bama it was "fighting". Punches were thrown.

Thanks, 80sU2IsBest; at the time I posted that, I had not seen where any "fighting" had occurred or punched thrown. At that time I knew that police blockades were holding back the protesting firefighters but eventually let them through.

And, if it matters, I side with the firefighters in this and I do not necessarily think the the police officers disagree with them. Instead, the 24 firefighter limit is a stupid bureaucratic decision.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom