Help ONE Secure $1 Billion for Anti-Poverty Programs in the FY2007 Budget!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The latest action alert from ONE:

TAKE ACTION: Ask Congress to save lives and fund the fight against AIDS and extreme poverty

Right now, the U.S. Congress is making critical decisions that will impact millions of lives. They need to hear YOUR VOICE asking America to do more to win the fight against extreme poverty and global AIDS.

Over the next few days, Congress will be debating our budget for the next year and how to best spend each and every penny so that we can help the most people. The amazing thing is that some of the best ideas to beat global AIDS and poverty cost just that - pennies. For less than a dollar, a vaccine can save a life. For $5, a bed net can stop a child in Africa from dying every 30 seconds from something as small as a mosquito bite. We can turn back the tide on AIDS with something as simple as a pill that costs less than a dollar a day, treatment that helps people live and continue to care for their families and communities. And we can lift even more families out of poverty only $60 a year keeps a child in school or helps an entrepreneur start a small business.

Please email Congress today to say that you support the FY06 Senate Appropriations funding levels to fight extreme poverty, including $3.6 billion to beat global AIDS.

It’s more important than ever that this doesn't come at a cost to other key poverty-fighting efforts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to take action on this MOST IMPORTANT matter for millions of the world's poorest people who depend on this money to help them with their ARV medications and to take care of AIDS orphaned children:

http://action.one.org/dia/organizationsONE/one/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1295&t=OneColumn.dwt

In the Spirit of the Season, I hope that you will help ONE to help millions of the world's poorest people.

Thank you for your time. :hug:

I would, but I don't think they would care for an foreigner's opinion, and I don't have a Represantitive. :(

Sherry Darling said:

Thank you SO much, Sherry Darling, for posting the international whiteband website. :up:

I try so hard all the time to make sure that people who wear the white band in the USA understand that we are linked in a COMMON STRUGGLE with millions of other people around the world in the movement to make extreme poverty history.

It's really not about Bono or Bob Geldof or any other famous person.

ONE is about what WE DO in our own lives to further the goals of the international whiteband movement. :yes:

So I thank you for giving our friend from outside of the USA the whiteband website link so that they can JOIN THE MOVEMENT to make extreme poverty history in their part of the world.

Thanks for everyONE who decided to participate in this action alert from ONE.

May your Holidays be brighter knowing that you cared to help out someone less fortunate. :hug:

I would just like to remind everyONE that if you're looking to send that last-minute ecard for the Holidays,

why don't you try the new (RED) Holiday ecards - they are really GREAT!:sexywink:

Just go to http://www.hipstercards.com and click on the (RED) icons to bring up the cards.

I've sent out at least a dozen of them this year and I really enjoy sending them. :rockon:

Take good care of each other. Best Wishes for the Holidays and the New Year.

:bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom