Helicopter crashes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
I have a honest question. This is not in any form a means to policize the war.

Maybe some of you experts can answer this. There have been a fair amount of helicopter crashes that have been said to be accident. Now I know accidents happen in war, but this seems to a frequent one. Is this uncommon? Are they all the same helicopter? If so is it a helicopter problem, pilot problem, or environment problem?

Helecopters are infamously tempermental.....based on my readings....

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I have a honest question. This is not in any form a means to policize the war.

Maybe some of you experts can answer this. There have been a fair amount of helicopter crashes that have been said to be accident. Now I know accidents happen in war, but this seems to a frequent one. Is this uncommon? Are they all the same helicopter? If so is it a helicopter problem, pilot problem, or environment problem?

Accidents happen in peace time as well. The military does everything they can to reduce the number of these accidents. You have to remember there are thousands of helicopters in use every day. I've not seen anything so far to suggest that the number of accidents in Iraq is above what it has been in past conflicts. Various types of helicopters have experienced accidents for different reasons. Sometimes its human error, or a mechinical problem etc. Its all three of the things you listed above.

Back
Top Bottom