Health Benefits of Green Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would make sense, considering that black, white and green teas all come from the same kind of bush - it's all in what they do to the tea after the bushes have been plucked.

There's not as much done to the leaves/bud (right term?) for white tea as there is for green tea. Not as many steps to the process, if I understand correctly.

If that's completely wrong, I'm sure someone will leap to correct me. :wink:

Might be a silly question, but does green and/or white tea contain caffeine?? Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good :love:

edit: ooops, yes it does :( .. sorry!

Might be a silly question, but does green and/or white tea contain caffeine?? Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good :love:

edit: ooops, yes it does :( .. sorry!

yes it does, but a very small amount. you might try rooibos as a caffeine free alternative.

Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good :love:
I hope you mean a decaffeinated kind...?

That would make sense, considering that black, white and green teas all come from the same kind of bush - it's all in what they do to the tea after the bushes have been plucked.

There's not as much done to the leaves/bud (right term?) for white tea as there is for green tea. Not as many steps to the process, if I understand correctly.

If that's completely wrong, I'm sure someone will leap to correct me. :wink:
White tea is just the same leaves picked when they're younger, so they go through less processing :) The result is a more potent tea with a milder taste.

:tea:nerd::

Back
Top Bottom