Health Benefits of Green Tea - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Health Benefits of Green Tea

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/gr...-benefits.html

I've been drinking it almost everday for the past few months and I can say I feel a little better than when I didn't. Maybe not a miracle but nevertheless something to consider.
__________________

__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:44 AM
White tea is even better for you
__________________

__________________
kafrun is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 08:44 AM
That would make sense, considering that black, white and green teas all come from the same kind of bush - it's all in what they do to the tea after the bushes have been plucked.

There's not as much done to the leaves/bud (right term?) for white tea as there is for green tea. Not as many steps to the process, if I understand correctly.

If that's completely wrong, I'm sure someone will leap to correct me.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 11:44 AM
i second the white tea. now i have a craving...
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
Refugee
 
TranceEnding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 1,124
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Might be a silly question, but does green and/or white tea contain caffeine?? Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good


edit: ooops, yes it does .. sorry!
__________________
TranceEnding is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: all around in the dark - everywhere
Posts: 3,531
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceEnding View Post
Might be a silly question, but does green and/or white tea contain caffeine?? Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good


edit: ooops, yes it does .. sorry!
yes it does, but a very small amount. you might try rooibos as a caffeine free alternative.
__________________
Se7en is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceEnding View Post
Unfortunately for me, due to health reasons, I'm not really allowed caffeine anymore and missing my tea fix! I've been drinking chai tea which is pretty good
I hope you mean a decaffeinated kind...?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #8
Refugee
 
TranceEnding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 1,124
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
I hope you mean a decaffeinated kind...?
yeah! The chai tea bags I bought (at a health food store) are '100% caffeine free'
__________________
TranceEnding is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceEnding View Post
yeah! The chai tea bags I bought (at a health food store) are '100% caffeine free'
I have to avoid caffeine too. I drink Clipper's decaf green tea.
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
That would make sense, considering that black, white and green teas all come from the same kind of bush - it's all in what they do to the tea after the bushes have been plucked.

There's not as much done to the leaves/bud (right term?) for white tea as there is for green tea. Not as many steps to the process, if I understand correctly.

If that's completely wrong, I'm sure someone will leap to correct me.
White tea is just the same leaves picked when they're younger, so they go through less processing The result is a more potent tea with a milder taste.

:tea:
__________________

__________________
kafrun is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com