Have you ever wondered what the hell I'm going to with my life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what comes to mind is the movie Tombstone, in the end where Doc is dying at the hospital in colorado... makes me cry when Doc tells Wyatt, if u were my friend you'd leave and go grab and hold onto that actress and never look back. (cough ATYCLB) but anyway it ties in with what he said about life, "There is no normal life, its just life." you gotta swing with what life brings you for better or for worse... despite all our attempts at determining our own fate, there's a certain amount of chaos that we cannot control that will always come our way...

so in Doc Holiday's immortal words...

"There is no normal life, its just life."

Originally posted by Danospano:
I about to graduate from college and have goals, but none of them are easy. I wish that I could plan my whole life ahead of time so I wouldn't have to worry about the uncertainies of the future. I wish I had more time to plan for the future, and to build for the future.

Does anyone out there understand what I'm going through? I'm a total wreck and it's making me have a nervous breakdown!

HELP!!!!!!

Sure. I'm currently looking for my first job, and i'm nervous about messing up and getting fired - and it's gonna be even harder to find the job because it just didn't work out at college for me.

Life sometimes surprises me, but so far everything ended up ok.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-10-2002).]

Danospano, I thought of you while listening to some old stuff:

He's a real nowhere man
sitting in his nowhere land
making all his nowhere plans for nobody
Doesn't have a point of view
knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me

Nowhere man please listen
You don't know what you're missin'
Nowhere man, the world is at your command

(oo-sha-la-la-la)

foray

Sicy, I can sympathise with you. I am the only person in my family without a fancy degree, in fact, I haven't gone to college at all. Not only that, but I went to a high school that pretty much drummed the message into your head that if you didn't go to university and make tonnes of money, you were useless.

I was supposed to be a dancer, but that didn't work out. I fell into my current field by accident, and have won a prestigious award doing it. But I still wonder if it is really what I was meant to do. I am reasonably content, but certainly not actively happy right now. What kind of a waste of life is it to not be happy where you spend almost all your time??? I have always thought that working is a waste of youth.

I have a house and a husband who also works in nonprofit, so there's NO WAY I can afford to go back to school and start over, although sometimes I am tempted by this. There is a 3 year full time teacher training program at the National Ballet School for example. I feel kind of trapped.

The only way I might get out of this rut is to find a better job in my field, or better yet, to write a best selling romance novel, but I don't have time to write it, bc I'm too busy writing Pleba stories and doing other stuff! BLARGH.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom