Hate!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:

To look inside yourself and recognize.

I'm 32 and been to hell and back several times in my life. I've gone through divorce, loved ones murdered, having a gun held to my chest, wrongly accused of a crime, etc... I've had plenty of "reasons" to hate, and I've done plenty of soul searching in my life, and I've chosen not to hate. To hate is just waste of time and unproductive, it may be harder to love but the outcome and long run are worth it.

So don't assume, don't paint me in a box. There is nothing for me to recognize.

Holy Shit, BVS, sorry you went through all of that. I like your attitude though.
Obviously our boy Justin has a lot to learn, but give him a few years and he'll come around. I don't know how old the dude is but from his posts, he appears to be 15-19 years old. If I'm wrong, I guess that sucks for him. Ya gotta grow up sometime. Anyway, BVS, it looks like you grew up the hard way.

You would think that as U2 fans, none of us would have the capacity to hate or to waste our time with it. U2's music seems to be about coming together, not coming apart.

MrPryck2U said:
Holy Shit, BVS, sorry you went through all of that. I like your attitude though.
Obviously our boy Justin has a lot to learn, but give him a few years and he'll come around. I don't know how old the dude is but from his posts, he appears to be 15-19 years old. If I'm wrong, I guess that sucks for him. Ya gotta grow up sometime. Anyway, BVS, it looks like you grew up the hard way.

I am 25 years old. You should grow up to and watch your mouth when you insult my religion as some others are doing now (mocking it.)

MrPryck2U

I had a hard time to in life and still do, not as extreme as my friend BVS. I have been told by doctors that I have ADD(if you believe that) When I went to elementary school the spec ed teacher called me stupid. My family we lower mid class and we did not have much money and used to depend on gov't hand out's. I had a thread in Zoo Confesionals about me contemplating suicide, but never did and never will. So I am so sorry I am not as smart as some here. It has and will take me along time to complete college because of my ADD, I was almost kicked out of college because I would think I could handle the class (especially math, my achelise heel) and would drop it.

Thank You for listening.

Wow, thanks for sharing your personal experiences BVS & Justin :hug:

There are times in life when things happen that can make us angry...I think getting upset over something is perhaps a natural reaction. However, that doesn't always lead to hatred. I think hatred is a choice, and for some, a way of life. Like I said before, hating people only perpetuates that pain inside, and doesn't lead to any sort of progress. I've seen hatred at its worse, which is enough to keep me from ever making that choice. Instead, I prefer to surrender to love and forgiveness, which, surprisingly, takes a lot less effort, and the best part, is noone is harmed in the process.

Justin, I never insulted your religion. I was born and raised a Catholic myself until the age of 16. Maybe I don't know the bible line for line, but I'm quite familar with Jesus and his teachings. If you espouse to be a Catholic, then you would know that Jesus would not condone your opinions of hate and where it comes from. From your arguments over the last several pages, I'm sorry, but it doesn't appear that you are 25 years old. I'm sorry that you have ADD, but ADD is a condition that many competent social workers are familar with. There's also a good book called Driven to Distraction which you may or may not have read. If you didn't, I recommend it. Judging by some of your comments, I take it that you've gone to therapy and perhaps even been prescribed medication for help with your ADD. I also take it that it might not have been so successful.
I implore you to remember that this is a Message Board, therefore people are going to judge you on what you've written. Making flippant responses to valid points will certainly lead people to believe that you are not the age that you say you are. If you are a U2 fan like the rest of us, then you've picked a good artist to maybe help you cope with life's struggles.
BVS apparently went through a tough time and I'm sure U2's music might've been in the soundtrack for helping him
through. I simply suggest that you be more open to other's ideas and points which from time to time you have exhibited. Peace!

redhotswami said:
I think hatred is a choice, and for some, a way of life. Like I said before, hating people only perpetuates that pain inside, and doesn't lead to any sort of progress. I've seen hatred at its worse, which is enough to keep me from ever making that choice. Instead, I prefer to surrender to love and forgiveness, which, surprisingly, takes a lot less effort, and the best part, is noone is harmed in the process.

Excellent post!

redhotswami said:
Wow, thanks for sharing your personal experiences BVS & Justin :hug:

There are times in life when things happen that can make us angry...I think getting upset over something is perhaps a natural reaction. However, that doesn't always lead to hatred. I think hatred is a choice, and for some, a way of life. Like I said before, hating people only perpetuates that pain inside, and doesn't lead to any sort of progress. I've seen hatred at its worse, which is enough to keep me from ever making that choice. Instead, I prefer to surrender to love and forgiveness, which, surprisingly, takes a lot less effort, and the best part, is noone is harmed in the process.

This is awesome.. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom