Has this one been discussed yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
If you have already discussed this issue, please forgive me and feel free to delete this thread. If not, read on...

Denmark has a minister who doesn't believe in creation, resurrection or the eternal life.

Danish Clergyman Challenges Church, God Idea

It's blown over now, but for a while it was the summer's hottest topic. The second hottest was when a supermarket chain started selling beach sandals with pictures of Jesus and Mary on them (they had to stop that, and now they are using pictures of 50's pin-up models instead).

It was interesting seeing the Danes getting up in arms about religion, considering what a secular country it is. Most Danes are members of the People's Church (i.e. they pay church tax), but not many go to church regularly. Faith is usually a very personal thing to them and only rarely makes the news in any way.

What do you think of this minister? Honest or hypocritical?

P.S.: Don't read too much into the source of this story. It's a very accurate account of the events, and I chose that page because it was the most detailed report I could find in English.

I saw that in the L A Times. They have a religion section.

IN BRIEF
Minister Is Back After Denying God's Existence

From Times Wire Services

COPENHAGEN ? A Lutheran minister who was suspended for claiming that neither God nor the afterlife existed was allowed to return to work as a preacher. But the local bishop vowed to keep an eye on him.

Thorkild Grosboel, pastor of Taarbaek, "has apologized for his comments that caused doubts about the church's confession of faith," said Bishop Lise-Lotte Rebel of the Helsingoer diocese, which includes the town of 51,000 just north of Copenhagen.

"Because he has expressed his understanding about his obligations, the bishop has decided to remove the suspension," she said in a statement. However, Rebel said she would monitor Grosboel.

Back
Top Bottom