Happy Birthday, Birth Control Pill!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
june 7 is the 40th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Griswold v. Connecticut the 1965 ruling struck down a Connecticut state law that made the use of birth control by married couples illegal. this was the first Supreme Court case that upheld constitutional protection for the use of birth control.

and now, today, with the American Taliban seeking to regain the control they once had over women's bodies, i think it's time to take a moment and be grateful for the advances and freedoms in responsible family planning and health care we are fortunate enough to have today.

Great thread...the irony of the title alone deserves 5 stars.

The pill is one of the greatest pharmaceutical inventions we have.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

so true.... I'm on the pill cuz I need to (yeah... I have a sex life too but my health is first ) . I have endomethriosis and the pill helps me to avoid the cramps (which are really painful), and it helps me in long term, without the surgery.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Definitely. I was talking to my dad the other day and he mentioned that instead of sending aid to poor countries, we should set up clinics where we teach women how not to have so many kids, and give out birth control pills. He was being slightly sarcastic, but it is a problem. It's a good thing for those of you with delicate ears that I can't be bothered to share how I feel as regards the Vatican on this topic.:mad:

People only listen to the Vatican when it's being homophobic. American Catholics, otherwise, tell it to go where the sun don't shine...

Melon

deep said:
you are ALL

making the baby jesus cry

Baby Jesus probably cried when it left a mess in his Jesus diaper.

Or maybe Jesus was immune from that, because He was God?

Melon

Actually, to be serious for once, birth control pills have certainly left its mark, especially for those women who have troublesome reproductive conditions. It definitely has made their quality of life a lot better.

Melon

I thanked mine as I swallowed it tonight. Pretty little pill.

For women who take it for health reasons, it has the power to truly change their lives for the better.

Yes the pill is a wonderful invention; if you have a serious ethical problem with abortions then I think that birth control drugs should be considered the least bad option.

anitram said:
For women who take it for health reasons, it has the power to truly change their lives for the better.

True. And for women who don't want to be always (or ever) pregnant it has the power to change their lives for the better as well.

I can't believe there are still people who oppose the pill for anyone and everyone.

melon said:
People only listen to the Vatican when it's being homophobic. American Catholics, otherwise, tell it to go where the sun don't shine...

Melon

Absolutely. There are quite a few women in my parish who use birth control.

Pills are perfectly fine for health reasons or avoiding pregnancy to me... but I am the only one here in the small minority that believes that sex before marriage is kinda... well.... bullshit?

bcrt2000 said:
Pills are perfectly fine for health reasons or avoiding pregnancy to me... but I am the only one here in the small minority that believes that sex before marriage is kinda... well.... bullshit?

I know plenty of married women on the pill, so your assumption and lecture I find well...bullshit.

LOL Dalton..

but your choice of terminology is....um..curious.

"Dicked me over"? I saw the other thread. This is your fault too, my friend:wink:

Back
Top Bottom