Happily Married, Living Apart - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:23 AM
I find this intriguing. I've lived all by myself for 16 years and I've wondered how I would ever adjust to having to live with another person after having so much privacy and freedom for so long if I ever did get married.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:32 AM   #17
New Yorker
Local Time: 06:23 AM
i think the details of his apartment are quite important - one large open plan space with the only seperate room as the bathroom. so am i right in saing that the bedroom is all encompassed in that as well?
if thats the case then i can definitely understand them having a separate aparment - i can't imagine living in what is effectively one room with someone - there literally is no personal space at all.
like someone else said - the fact that the apartments are pretty much next to each other really doesn't make it sound any different to the couple owning a really large 2 bedroom 2 bathroom house/flat where they each have their own area to retreat to if they want to be alone

i honestly don't think this sounds like a bad idea as long as they arent avoiding crucial issues, although i for one would rather get a larger apartment together where you can still have that freedom and personal space.

in a similar circumstance, in London and at my age, houseshares are the norm and i know a few friends who have moved into the same houseshare with boyfriends but into their own room, so they'll each have a room rented in a house. theyll spend the majority of time in one of them but should things get strained, or an argument take place or someone just wants a night/some time alone then they can retreat to the other room.
once again i don't necesarily think its a bad idea but not one i'd like to take up on myself, as i don't really think it should be necessary - when deciding to live with someone you really should be able to actually live with them!

my sister and her husband spent over a year living in this tiny box apartment that was his bachlor pad before he married - it was miniscule and when i stayed there alone once i started to get on my own nerves!
so i don't know how they did it, but they did, which is a good sign i suppose

Old 06-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #18
Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 12:23 AM
Originally posted by VintagePunk
I wonder how old these people are. Sometimes when you marry later in life, you're more reluctant to give up your personal space. Glad they found a solution that works for them.

I'm not very old ... In the world of my dreams if my bf and I decide to live together, I would definitely ask for my own room, and If that's possible my own studio. Some people are really good to share their space and their stuff... but I don't which doesn't mean I don't love my bf... but I need to keep some time and some things to myself

Old 06-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #19
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Funny reading this just after I've had a major domestic with the Mrs!

I'm in MY room...the place I go for my own space.

Better go and make up.