Hannah Montana Topless In Vanity Fair - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
I don't really care about the picture and whether or not *I* think it's artsy or no big deal or scandalous....what concerns me is that she is a minor and she is saying she did not want to be photographed like that and wished she never had. To me, that's what's sad and disturbing.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 PM
If the Texas Rangers can take 465 of those FLDS polygamist children and put them in protective custody

Why can't they do the same for poor Miley
before she gets stuck with Billy Ray's achy breaky baby?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
more and more people today feel the need to make excuses for the same things that occured when they were kids.

in the 1950s kids played i'll show you mine if you show me yours. now they do it with their cell phones. nothing's really changed except for the technology.

in 1966 when a guy got ontop of a college clock tower and took out 16 people with a sniper rifle, it was because he had gone crazy. today it's because he played grand theft auto.

who knows. kids these days :shakesangryfist:

Gabrielle d'Estrées et une de ses soeurs (1594)

Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
I don't really care about the picture and whether or not *I* think it's artsy or no big deal or scandalous....what concerns me is that she is a minor and she is saying she did not want to be photographed like that and wished she never had. To me, that's what's sad and disturbing.
I agree. I don't think she has an obligation to be a role model for anyone, but the whole situation (she's a 15-year-old with stage parents who apparently have let the fact that she's bringing in tons of $ blind them to anything else) squicks me out. Maybe she felt comfortable with the photo at the time it was taken because the photographer and /or her parents, handlers, etc. assured her it was artsy or cool or whatever, but then she felt ashamed when the photo hit the presses and everyone started talking about how sexy and provacative they think it is. I feel really bad for her.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

I still believe they knew EXACTLY what would happen by doing this photoshoot. They can't be that stupid to think that no one would make a big deal out of it.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #81
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Gabrielle d'Estrées et une de ses soeurs (1594)

tuning in radio Tokyo?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #82
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

^^

Have to say I agree with corianderstem . . . the Cyrus family unit could not possibly be so naive, they knew what they were doing and why. As a mum of a huge Miley fan I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing - context is everything, she is a child, Vanity Fair is a GROWN up magazine and NOT "Popstar" so, seriously . . . what were they thinking???
Old 05-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Purplereign
^^

Have to say I agree with corianderstem . . . the Cyrus family unit could not possibly be so naive, they knew what they were doing and why. As a mum of a huge Miley fan I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing - context is everything, she is a child, Vanity Fair is a GROWN up magazine and NOT "Popstar" so, seriously . . . what were they thinking???
I don't think it's naivetee exactly. Like I said earlier, her parents are probably so caught up in the whole fame whirwind (which must be pretty intoxicating for Billy Ray, since he saw his own fame dry up pretty quickly after his 15 minutes were up in the early '90s) that they aren't thinking rationally.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades

I don't think it's naivetee exactly. Like I said earlier, her parents are probably so caught up in the whole fame whirwind (which must be pretty intoxicating for Billy Ray, since he saw his own fame dry up pretty quickly after his 15 minutes were up in the early '90s) that they aren't thinking rationally.

i think her parents have made a fortune off of her squeaky clean image -- like all the Disney teen stars -- and now they're paying the price for soiling that image just a little bit.

they know she's going to eventually have to transition from teen start to adult star, and sadly that usually means sexing yourself up -- see Britney, xTina, etc. -- and it seems they jumped the gun here.

it's all to do with money and very little to do with innocence, or not.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i think her parents have made a fortune off of her squeaky clean image -- like all the Disney teen stars -- and now they're paying the price for soiling that image just a little bit.

they know she's going to eventually have to transition from teen start to adult star, and sadly that usually means sexing yourself up -- see Britney, xTina, etc. -- and it seems they jumped the gun here.

it's all to do with money and very little to do with innocence, or not.

i agree

and again

all this is a huge over reaction

the remarks I read tell me more about "the person" that is saying them

than anything about the picture itself
Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #86
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

^^ but again its all to do with context.

If you are going to market yourself as the epitome of all thats squeaky clean / anti britany or whatever you have to expect some level of backlash certainly.

Growing up in the public eye could never be an easy thing but I don't think you necessarily have to 'sex yourself up' in order to 'grow up'. And whoever said that its' a shame that Miley herself is now uncomfortable with the whole shoot speaks volumes - this level of attention could be devastating for her and just hope that her parents open their eyes a little wider and learn from this one
Old 05-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Purplereign

Growing up in the public eye could never be an easy thing but I don't think you necessarily have to 'sex yourself up' in order to 'grow up'.

but the unimaginative network suits at Disney and other various companies who are making millions -- billions? -- off this girl believe that female stars must become sexy in order to grow up. they will point to other "girls" who took off their clothes to become "women" and maintained their record sales as proof that this is the right way to handle one's career. it's been successful before, so it should work here as well, right?

when all you're worried about is the bottom line, and lots has been invested in Hannah Montana, Inc., and lots has been made, then you do whatever is necessary to protect the brand, while enabling it to grow with a shifting demographic.

Ms. Cyrus is absolutely no different than a soft drink. she's a commodity to be bought and sold in order to make a profit, and as her core audience starts to change -- as her 10 year olds become 14 year olds -- this product is going to have to change in order to meet the new needs of this particular demographic, all while maintaining brand identity.

Quote:
And whoever said that its' a shame that Miley herself is now uncomfortable with the whole shoot speaks volumes - this level of attention could be devastating for her and just hope that her parents open their eyes a little wider and learn from this one

all damage control. like apologizing for New Coke.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #88
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

^^ Sadly I know you're right - the cynic in me is pretty convinced that it is all just marketing and 'damage control' and thats what I mean when I say I'm disappointed. Disappointed that the photo's (which I still believe are inappropriately sexy for a 15 year old girl no matter her career choices) have been taken and disappointed that the marketing spin is all about making more moolah for all involved - leaves a bad taste
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:00 PM
What bugs me is that a kid can't stay a kid anymore.

among other things...
Old 05-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
Ms. Cyrus is absolutely no different than a soft drink. she's a commodity to be bought and sold in order to make a profit, and as her core audience starts to change -- as her 10 year olds become 14 year olds -- this product is going to have to change in order to meet the new needs of this particular demographic, all while maintaining brand identity.
Sadly, I think you may be right. What a sick thing to do, to treat your own child like a product to be marketed.