GW has lost his lead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at first i didn't believe it because it's drudge, but then i went to newsweek and saw its true. i'll take this seriously if it looks like a trend among several polls.

otherwise, good stuff! :up:

deep said:
sorry guys

bush will win electorial college vote

I'm not so sure about that. The margins are so slim in so many states, that the race is basically tied at the moment. Bush has a 50 vote lead today, but that could be a 10 vote loss tomorrow, etc. You can't say anything about it at the moment, maybe in a few weeks time.

C ya!

Marty

I'm SO thankful that our Commander in Chief keeps us SAFE! :-D

deep said:
sorry guys

bush will win electorial college vote

Most likely, yes. God bless this conservative America! We should all thank Jesus for our Godly president! :up: :D
American_flag[/ img] [img]yellow_ ribbon[/ img]
[img]stars_'n_stripes_freedom_ banner[/ img]
[img]smiling_president_GWBush[/ img]

*shrug*

Wow, and this is only after debating Bush's alleged strongpoint. :hyper: One down, two debates to go.

Last edited:
The big states in the Electoral College are Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida, with some other "swing" states in play as well. Whoever wins the election is going to win these states, or at least the majority of them. Kerry has to win all the states that Gore won plus at least one more. Otherwise Bush will win the Electoral Vote and with it the election.

we're going to know pretty early in the night who the next president will be. pennsylvania will be one of the first states to report the winner, and its a swing state where ohio will proabably have similar results. so watch for PA, and whoever wins that will determine whether i'll have tears of joy or sadness by the end of the night.

I said it months ago.....turnout is going to make the difference here, if the turnout is in the key states. High turnout = Bush loss in my opinion. I do not believe he will win the popular vote, and if this one debate has indeed erased the polling lead in the CLOSE states, then lookout.

New voter registration is very heavy. Will these newly registered voters vote? I hope we do have a good turn-out. Apparently Bush lost a decent-sized lead in one televised debate if these numbers are any indication.
:heart: Alabamians for Kerry :heart:

the race deffinetly has gotten more interesting... but remember back to '84... reagan mondale... reagan looked lost durring the entire debate, and people started talking about how the old man had lost it and he was too old to be president and how he just might lose... he came back durring the next debate, was asked if he thought age would be an issue, and dropped the memorable "i won't hold my opponents youth and inexperience against him" line, rolled through the debate, rolled through the next one, and then rolled to one of the biggest landslide victories we've ever seen.

:shrug: not to say this will happen for bush... but if he pulls off two good debates, i think the election is locked... if kerry beats him in all three, then bush is certainly in trouble.

I keep seeing this thread title as "GW has lost his head." Lovely mental image though. :D

RockNRollDawgie said:
No loss......GW's head is empty. :)

Actually, I was thinking that to lose something one must posses it in the first place.... :ohmy:

DrTeeth said:
Wow, and this is only after debating Bush's alleged strongpoint. :hyper: One down, two debates to go.

That's what I'm thinking. Just wait til we get to domestic issues.

Dreadsox said:
I said it months ago.....turnout is going to make the difference here, if the turnout is in the key states. High turnout = Bush loss in my opinion. I do not believe he will win the popular vote, and if this one debate has indeed erased the polling lead in the CLOSE states, then lookout.

I totally agree.

Interesting to see so many anti-Bush people finally admit that GW actually had a lead.:wink:

STING2 said:
Interesting to see so many anti-Bush people finally admit that GW actually had a lead.:wink:

Still missing his head though. :D

I think it will be very interesting to see the voter turnout stats after this. I'm guessing it will be one of, if not the largest turnout ever?

I agree with Dreadsox. I think if you are a non-voter, and for some reason feel the definite need to go out and vote, it is probably more likely that you are doing so (in any election, not just this) because you are against the incumbent. If you are all 'for' and happy with who is there, you are less likely to go out and do something about it.

I think the youth vote is key as well. Getting young people to go out and vote is always a big issue. There's always campaigns to do so, but it seems particularly strong this time. The youth vote = mostly Democrat.

The whole world will be watching on November 2, with their fingers crossed.

Earnie Shavers said:

I think the youth vote is key as well. Getting young people to go out and vote is always a big issue. There's always campaigns to do so, but it seems particularly strong this time. The youth vote = mostly Democrat.

The whole world will be watching on November 2, with their fingers crossed.

Well, I hope the youth vote = mostly democrat, but I have noticed a shocking number of really conservative youth in this country. To me that is vey scary. Then again, Earnie Shavers, y'all have AussieU2fanman! :D

STING2 said:

Heck, yes. A month ago I thought Kerry was absolutely f:censored:d. I'm excited that he just has a shot at it. Whatever happens, life goes on.

STING2 said:

i admire you're ability to find the silver lining.

Back
Top Bottom