Guiliani - worst person in American politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
currently?

I think perhaps, yes.

giuliani_0130.jpg

On the trail, he seemed so serene, so resigned, so Zen. He played up his 9/11 heroism, and portrayed himself an international ass-kicker, but he never really looked like he wanted to throttle anyone. He didn't sound vengeful or bitter or power-starved; he talked about "returning power to you!" Who would have thought Rudy would be the gentleman reminding voters that he's run a positive campaign, declaring that he's "sick and tired of all the name-calling"?

It was hard to watch this Prozac version of Rudy on the trail without wondering if his heart was really in this race. He was like this when he kinda-sorta-almost ran for Senate against Hillary Clinton in 2000; he actually blew off his get-to-know-you tour among the GOP elites of upstate New York to attend the home opener at Yankee Stadium. He was still saying Tuesday that Florida could be a "gate-opener," building momentum for Feb. 5, but he seemed to sense that the gate was slamming shut. And he didn't seem to mind that much. He seemed to be enjoying himself, which wasn't usually the case in New York. "We've been campaigning in Florida so long, I really feel like I'm one of you," he said Monday night.

Maybe that's why he put all his eggs in the Florida basket: He likes it here. It was 71 degrees and sunny this morning at his meet-and-greet at a Sunny Isles Beach deli. He likes to say he banked on Florida because of electoral realities and limited resources; he thought it was a big state he could win "given my positions, given the pros and cons." But at the Orange County Republican dinner Saturday night, Rudy made a telling quip: "People pay a lot of money to spend the month of Florida in January." When the political science classes ponder the remarkable collapse of the Giuliani '08 campaign, they might come to think of it as a $40 million Florida vacation.

He has made several trips to Newport Beach.

I know several people that gave $1000 each to Rudy. Got a picture with him.

and now they can't even vote for him Tuesday without voting for a quitter

These same people do not like McCain one bit

the thought that their money is indirectly funding McCain angers them.

On Sept 10, 2001 Rudy was in the dog house, he was hiding in shame.

He should be hiding in shame, again.

They've said some interesting things about him on TV the past few days. They said he had slightly more passion than Thompson (which isn't saying much) but he never really tried hard. He didn't run a campaign.

He was my original favorite, and I like the guy well enough, but I'm glad he isn't the nominee and I'm glad I switched. He just ran a terrible campaign, and I don't know why he chose the "strategy" he did.

They're already speculating that he could be McCain's VP, but I guarantee that will not happen. He'd be a terrible choice.

to take 40 million dollars from people
after making promises to them

and then taking a vacation in Florida
and then saying,
oh well >vote for that guy

Obama, gives you the
FIRED UP AND READY TO GO - show

Hillary, gives you a melo-dramatic performance
and you get a two-headed monster for the price of one

McCain, gives you the scrappy little attack dog, and an occasional - straight talk

Edwards - gave you his whole-hearted sincere best effort, and when he bowed out he promised to keep fighting for the causes that drew people to him, and he did not insult people by telling them to vote for people that they had already considered and passed on.

Rudy - what did he do?
He took 40 million dollars, rearranged his dentures
and then gave them the finger

Back
Top Bottom