Guess What Another Global Warming Article. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

If he is then whats up with the enormus electric bill? We have been recycling and trying to improve better. Why dosent he help poorer countries which have little or no regualtion on evironmental standards?
The US alone accounts for more than two thirds of CO2 emissions and energy consumption.

The poorer countries you mention are the countries hit the worst, and contributing nearly nothing.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Recycling some old newspapers isn't going to do anything. Why you always try to distract from the real issue by mentioning other countries I will never know.
Have you ever been to a "Third World Country??"

I have and the conditions there are horrid and if we lead by example, how will that happen with out the technology to do just that? You don't expect the government or private business to just give it up for free do you?

Old 04-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #33
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:

I see your point, but tell me who is behind Gore? What are his or their agenda? Is this a scare tactic like Y2k?
Again, I have to ask you, are you seriously raising these questions or just asking them to get a rise out of people?

If you would bother to do just a little bit of reading you'd realize that Gore did not just make this stuff up, nor is he the one who started it all. The scientific community has been monitoring this for quite some time, completely independent of any political figures.

If you honestly think that Gore is bringing this stuff up because of some hidden political agenda and nothing more, then you really are ignorant on the subject.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:

Have you ever been to a "Third World Country??"

I have and the conditions there are horrid and if we lead by example, how will that happen with out the technology to do just that? You don't expect the government or private business to just give it up for free do you?
I really have no idea what you are saying here...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Again, I have to ask you, are you seriously raising these questions or just asking them to get a rise out of people?

If you would bother to do just a little bit of reading you'd realize that Gore did not just make this stuff up, nor is he the one who started it all. The scientific community has been monitoring this for quite some time, completely independent of any political figures.

If you honestly think that Gore is bringing this stuff up because of some hidden political agenda and nothing more, then you really are ignorant on the subject.
I am seriously raising these questions. Diemen please tell me why you will believe Gore a career politician and not this person who wrote the article.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

I really have no idea what you are saying here...
No Intendes?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #37
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Because these facts are not coming from Gore, but from the scientific community, who, like I said in my last post, have been researching this subject well before Gore ever got involved.

Did you even read my last post?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Because these facts are not coming from Gore, but from the scientific community, who, like I said in my last post, have been researching this subject well before Gore ever got involved.

Did you even read my last post?
Yes I did and what makes this person who wrote the article not credible?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #39
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

What makes the vast majority of the scientific community not credible to you?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
What makes the vast majority of the scientific community not credible to you?
There not but when a scientist comes out with their own theory and yet it's not independant it's blasted or shot down. The person did their research.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:

No Intendes?
Yo no comprendo…

If you are saying we can't lead by example because we can't just give poorer countries technology then that doesn't make sense

What I was saying is that we have to clean up our own acts first, since we (the western and Industrialized nations) are currently the major contributors to the problem.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Yo no comprendo…

If you are saying we can't lead by example because we can't just give poorer countries technology then that doesn't make sense

What I was saying is that we have to clean up our own acts first, since we (the western and Industrialized nations) are currently the major contributors to the problem.
Puedes hablar espanol que bien

I agree with that but, how does China compare to the United States on CO2 emmisions?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #43
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I tend to err on the side of preservation. When given the opportunity to reduce emmissions that are known to be harmful (ignoring global warming for the moment), I think the wise thing to do would be to seize that opportunity. Even if the evidence only suggests that there may be a correlation between our emmissions/pollution and global warming, I think the smart thing to do would work on reducing any negative impact we may be contributing ourselves. It's no secret that we have put a lot of pollutants into the air, just look at the smog over the bay area on a bad day or LA on a typical day. We're not talking about make believe pollution.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #44
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Puedes hablar espanol que bien

I agree with that but, how does China compare to the United States on CO2 emmisions?
Are you serious??

So China isn't doing as well, so we shouldn't have to try harder?

That's a weak excuse. that's like saying - well Billy my classmate only gets a D in math, so why should I bother trying to get an A?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I tend to err on the side of preservation. When given the opportunity to reduce emmissions that are known to be harmful (ignoring global warming for the moment), I think the wise thing to do would be to seize that opportunity. Even if the evidence only suggests that there may be a correlation between our emmissions/pollution and global warming, I think the smart thing to do would work on reducing any negative impact we may be contributing ourselves. It's no secret that we have put a lot of pollutants into the air, just look at the smog over the bay area on a bad day or LA on a typical day. We're not talking about make believe pollution.
Well I guess I can agree with you on that. But I still believe alot of it has to do with a natural cycle. Thats my theory anyways.