Guess What Another Global Warming Article. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:55 AM
How can we trust scientist anymore who get paid by donars who want them to show results in their light?

How can you trust one persons science over another, if both show results.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
How can we trust scientist anymore who get paid by donars who want them to show results in their light?
Not all funding has an agenda.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Not all funding has an agenda.
Can you name some and it still dosent prove if it's for an agenda or not.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #19
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Can you name some
Funding comes from all over the place. It should be pretty obvious which ones are going to be biased or not.

Quote:

and it still dosent prove if it's for an agenda or not.
It's like this. The company I work for does research on it's own products, they use this research to improve the products and what not. But I don't ever approach the surgeons and doctors with this research, that would be useless.

But clinical papers are being written all the time comparing technologies. To see what meds have the least side effects, what technologies heal bones the quickest, etc. These clinical papers are done by scientists with no ties to any of the products. They have no motivation to bend, stretch, or manipulate the facts. I use these papers all the time. These papers are convincing for there is no agenda behind them.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:

How can you trust one persons science over another, if both show results.
Has it ever occurred to you that regardless of who is paying the scientists that you should care about global warming?

I don't really care if they are making up half the stuff they say, shouldn't it be enough to want to do something better for this planet?

Are we all so greedy and self-involved that we would rather continue to harm the environment because the alternative costs more or is an inconvenience?

Really?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Funding comes from all over the place. It should be pretty obvious which ones are going to be biased or not.

It's like this. The company I work for does research on it's own products, they use this research to improve the products and what not. But I don't ever approach the surgeons and doctors with this research, that would be useless.

But clinical papers are being written all the time comparing technologies. To see what meds have the least side effects, what technologies heal bones the quickest, etc. These clinical papers are done by scientists with no ties to any of the products. They have no motivation to bend, stretch, or manipulate the facts. I use these papers all the time. These papers are convincing for there is no agenda behind them.
I see your point, but tell me who is behind Gore? What are his or their agenda? Is this a scare tactic like Y2k?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Has it ever occurred to you that regardless of who is paying the scientists that you should care about global warming?

I don't really care if they are making up half the stuff they say, shouldn't it be enough to want to do something better for this planet?

Are we all so greedy and self-involved that we would rather continue to harm the environment because the alternative costs more or is an inconvenience?

Really?
I do care about the environment, but the way Gore puts it, he is making it into a scare tactic. Have we ever thought that maybe the planet goes through cycles like the one we are in now, ever several thousand year or millions?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Some think it's better to get proven right or wrong in the future than doing something about it beforehand.

Quote:

I see your point, but tell me who is behind Gore? What are his or their agenda? Is this a scare tactic like Y2k?
So because Gore might have his own agenda and uses scare tactics we have to dismiss the whole global warming?

Quote:

I do care about the environment, but the way Gore puts it, he is making it into a scare tactic. Have we ever thought that maybe the planet goes through cycles like the one we are in now, ever several thousand year or millions?

It's too much a coincidence.
We have our share in it, and we are responsible to decrease this share.

If it really was a cycle we are in now is it really useful to accelerate this warming?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Who? is behind Gore? Not sure what you're asking.

I think Gore genuinely is concerned about the environment. Now do I think he may be exagerating the urgency? Yes, but I think that's to get people to react and start doing something now. It's just like people who set their watches 10 minutes fast so they get there on time.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Have we ever thought that maybe the planet goes through cycles like the one we are in now, ever several thousand year or millions?
Do you really want to take the chance and wait it out? And if this is the case and we are in some sort of "warming cycle"

a. How long do you think is a good time to wait?

b. Is it responsible to bury our collective heads in the ground and continue to allow emission levels to increase?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
So because Gore might have his own agenda and uses scare tactics we have to dismiss the whole global warming?
No. I think though they should study the climates of past time and see how they compare to his urgent need to stem it now?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

What do you think they've been doing?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Who? is behind Gore? Not sure what you're asking.

I think Gore genuinely is concerned about the environment.
If he is then whats up with the enormus electric bill? We have been recycling and trying to improve better. Why dosent he help poorer countries which have little or no regualtion on evironmental standards?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #29
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

If he is then whats up with the enormus electric bill? We have been recycling and trying to improve better. Why dosent he help poorer countries which have little or no regualtion on evironmental standards?
The bill has been refuted, do you not read the threads?

Recycling some old newspapers isn't going to do anything. Why you always try to distract from the real issue by mentioning other countries I will never know.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Electric bill? Not that crap again...

The only way to "help" poorer countires is to lead by example...