great web site--Iranian pro-democracy people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another accomplishment in the Islamic Republic.
Mentally-ill girl who was sold for sex faces death penalty in Iran
By Angus McDowall in Tehran

14 December 2004

A teenage girl with a mental age of eight is facing the death penalty for prostitution in Iran. The trial comes only four months after the hanging of another mentally ill girl for sex before marriage in a case that has prompted a human rights lawyer to prepare a charge of wrongful execution against the presiding judge.

The girl, known as Leyla M, is in prison while the Supreme Court decides on her "acts contrary to chastity", among the most serious charges under Iranian law. Under the penal code, girls as young as nine and boys as young as 15 can be executed.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=592910

Bloody monsters.

There is, and has been, a small, unreported resistance going on in Iran for the past couple of years. They've seized control of towns for short periods of time a few times, and every now and then they'll show up somewhere en masse for a brief period of time.

I say thumbs up, these guys need to take their country back from the Islamofascists that run it.

The fact that you decided to use such terminology in relation to the current religious leadership in Iran is interesting, I would be inclined to agree that political Islam shares more than a slight resemblance to fascism and have on occasion used that term.

Last edited:
The articles on the site whose link I posted are written by a progressive Iranian who's got some really cool ideas. He wants a democratic, secular state. He's not religious at all; he is a rationalist. I wish these monsters would stop killing girls too. It's barbaric. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

knox said:
There is, and has been, a small, unreported resistance going on in Iran for the past couple of years.

A wise man once said, "the revolution will not be televised."

Back
Top Bottom