Graner conviction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eviltwin

The Fly
I was just following orders? haven't we heard that before?
It shames me to say that I actually enjoyed seeing this idiot masquerading as a corporal (now demoted to private) stumble around in leg irons.

Why is it so hard for (US) military to understand the simple basics of fighting wars. Geneva Conventions etc? even after getting sentenced to a (mild) 10 years, he keeps repeating his sorry excuses. "I was just following orders"

I would like (for once?) to see the US take the moral high ground, even if your opponents strap toddlers with explosives, even if they threaten to turn your inner cities into nuclear wasteland even if... as a civilised country you must adhere to civilised standards, starting with the geneva conventions up to the international war crimes tribunal. Obviously dubya and his cronies are afraid, that Don R. or others may end up in the Hague facing a (possbily hostile) set of Judges, if that is indeed where the "orders" came from.

But that doesn't excuse the military from supporting these policies. Geneva conventions allow and even oblige soldiers to disregard orders when they are in violation of the convention. It sickens me to see this man on TV prepetuating his own lies, backed up by his parents.

Back
Top Bottom