Governor Schwarzenegger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gee, thanks dreadsox... pointing out the obvious about my stupid statements... :shifty: I am an idiot, but now I'm also curious what Elvis is referring to.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

men use their little brain all the time....:sexywink:

hehe...I could make an Arnold joke out of that but since I voted for him (flame away if you must people), I'll hold back :wink:

theSoulfulMofo said:
gee, thanks dreadsox... pointing out the obvious about my stupid statements... :shifty: I am an idiot, but I'm also curious what Elvis is referring to.

I am so confused now....What did I do?

Under my impression, you were either asking Elvis whether his statement was in reference to:

1. The stupidity in my Reagan statement.
2. YOUR reaction to my Reagan statement.
or
3. The Arnold victory.

Sorry, Dread, I might have jumped the gun on your response... No offense taken really.

theSoulfulMofo said:
Under my impression, you were either asking Elvis whether his statement was in reference to:

1. The stupidity in my Reagan statement.
2. YOUR reaction to my Reagan statement.
or
3. The Arnold victory.

Sorry, Dread, I might have jumped the gun on your response... No offense taken really.

I was pretty clear about my Elvis comment I thought. No harm no foul....

I was making light on the Reagan comment that is why I waved....
again no harm no foul.

Your Reagan statement was fine.
I do not think he was as bad as he is made out to be in here.
Arnold is a good sign for democrats since he is a republican in name only.

peace

Congratulations Arnold! :up: :up: :D :hyper:

It is great to see an Austrian, married to Maria with her democratic roots, was able to win this election. I really wish he will do a great job in California.

Normally I?m far from being an American conservative, but for this victory I am happy. If you think he ain?t that intelligent, I think that to start with nothing and to reach this position, one must be very intelligent.

Thank you, MVD_75, for the forwarded article.

I would really like Arnold to do his job well, in order to be re-elected. I would be proud, even if he?s a Republican.

Good luck, Arnold!

p.s.

"Let's just say this hierarchical behavior is not un-Germanic. But it is un-American."

Who the fuck is Mickey Kaus? What a racist :down: well who gives a dime. Never heard about him anyway.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

Arnold is a good sign for democrats since he is a republican in name only.

Arnold has pledged not to raise taxes to close the budget gap. Actually, he wants to cut taxes and still balance the budget. Republican in name only?

ThatGuy said:

Arnold has pledged not to raise taxes to close the budget gap. Actually, he wants to cut taxes and still balance the budget. Republican in name only?

The key is that he WANTS to not raise taxes and still balance the budget. Candidates always WANT to do a lot of things. And then reality strikes.

Pete Wilson didn't want to raise taxes either, but he did by 9 billion dollars.

womanfish said:

The key is that he WANTS to not raise taxes and still balance the budget. Candidates always WANT to do a lot of things. And then reality strikes.

Pete Wilson didn't want to raise taxes either, but he did by 9 billion dollars.

Actually, that's not totally true. Candidate George W. Bush pledged to cut taxes. Once in office he did just that, and continued to do it as the nation slid into a recession. But that's a topic for another thread. My point was that a "Republican in name only" would not promote such fiscal policy.

Fine fiscally he is a republican....he is a Democrat on many social issues.

Peace

I was in Calif when the election went down.
There was a peaceful prosession to the polls.
No drama, none whatsoever.

70 per cent turn out of registered voters.. nearly 100 per cent more turn out during the prior election of Gray 11 months prior.

With all the hoopala of Arnold being "playful" in the past while he was an actor really shouldnt matter.
He was an actor then..and a decent family man now.
He is now an elected official.
When he was "playful" he was NOT an elected offcial embodied w/the public trust.
He is now, judge him now.

I find it oddly curious and the height of hypocrcsy that for those who defended a former president in office, w far worse accusations, while Arnold was only an actor at the time and being "playful"..
This was rank partisnship at its best....

Polictically speaking Arnold will be good for Calif as he is a "Centrist" in his overall beliefs..

DB9

Last edited:
diamond said:

With all the hoopala of Arnold being "playful" in the past while he was an actor really shouldnt matter.
He was an actor then..and a decent family man now.
He is now an elected official.
When he was "playful" he was NOT an elected offcial embodied w/the public trust.
He is now, judge him now.

I find it oddly curious and the height of hypocrcsy that for those who defended a former president in office, w far worse accusations, while Arnold was only an actor at the time and being "playful"..
This was rank partisnship at its best....

DB9

I'm glad you see sexual harrassment as being "playful". That's great. The attitude that so many people have taken with this situation, by just dismissing it and saying it's not important because it was released a week before the election is really pretty sick. I feel that it's set the progress of ending sexual harrassment back by a decade or so.

So DB9, don't you find it hypocritical that Republican's came after Clinton like a lynch mob with torches, but when it's a Republican that's about to be elected to the country's most influential voting state, they don't see anything wrong with over a dozen allegations of sexual misconduct? I think most Democracts want to see Arnold held accountable for his actions for the very fact that Clinton was given so much grief about his actions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak.

And just for your information the most recent allegation is from just 3 years ago. This is a pattern of behavior, consistent over 30 years. A few of these allegations are also after he got married and became such a upstanding "family man".

And he's already lying. He told us in several interviews that he would go into detail on the allegations once he was elected (how convenient), yet when questioned on it yesterday he didn't answer.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I bet Diamond is taller than Arnold.
\

Hiphop-
Brother that maybe true, however I think Arnold has larger hands than I:angry:

Womanfish-
I think youre a bit partisan.
If Arnold gets "playful" while in office than throw him out..
As far as Im concern he has a clean slate now..

DB9

diamond said:
\

I think youre a bit partisan.
If Arnold gets "playful" while in office than throw him out..
As far as Im concern he has a clean slate now..

DB9

That's funny.

So does everyone start from new once they get in office or just those that you like? So character doesn't matter? Interesting.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

That's funny.

So does everyone start from new once they get in office or just those that you like? So character doesn't matter? Interesting.

No it matters BonoVox - but only for Democrats. You see, Republicans are exempt from this. For example, Clinton was lambasted for having smoked a little pot back in the day. Bush did coke and had a drinking problem (as did Chaney), but he was the one "bringing integrity back to the White House".

Clinton was harrassed for having a high number on his draft card that didn't get called. Bush goes AWOL and then deserts his position in the national guard and we don't hardly hear a peep about it.

Clinton lied about getting a blow job and was nearly impeached! Bush lies about weapons to get into a war that kills hundreds of U.S. soldiers and thousands of civilians, costing us billions and he's a patriot.

Sad world.

womanfish said:
I think most Democracts want to see Arnold held accountable for his actions for the very fact that Clinton was given so much grief about his actions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak.

This is only going to lead to a never-ending problem. We don't want to proceed on principle - we want revenge. The hypocrisy is on both sides. We can argue the nuances of why one case is/was different that the other until we are blue in the face. The bottom line is that neither side is/was willing to live by a principle that applies consistently across party lines.

nbcrusader said:

This is only going to lead to a never-ending problem. We don't want to proceed on principle - we want revenge. The hypocrisy is on both sides. We can argue the nuances of why one case is/was different that the other until we are blue in the face. The bottom line is that neither side is/was willing to live by a principle that applies consistently across party lines.

This is true, I don't want Arnold held accountable because of Clinton, I want Arnold held accountable because he's human. If he did any of these things alleged he should be held accountable. I don't think anyone should go after him out of revenge. I want Republican and Democrats alike to be honest with themselves and realize the hypocrisy they're living in. No one, no matter what side, should sit back and let their canidate walk in by claiming he was just being "playful". I'm sick of people not taking sexual harrasment seriously by saying "boys will be boys" or he was just "playful". Bullshit. He did it, or he didn't. It doesn't matter how long it took for these women to come out. Have you ever been sexually harassed, do you know the embarassment? Now I totally understand that some if not all of these allegations can be lies or exagerated, but look into these allegations. Don't turn a blind eye and write it off because he's your canidate.

I am all for people being punished for harassment. That said, if and when Arnold is brought up on charges, and he has to testify before a court, then I will equate the situation as equal to Clinton's.

I was not upset that Clinton was accused of such things. I was and remain still disgusted that he lied in court. That is why I was for the impeachment.

As for Arnold, if the same thing happens I would feel the same way. Elected officials do not belong in office if they lie in court. Now if Arnold tells the truth that is another thing.

Peace

Just to make one thing clear. I'm not looking for Arnold to be held accountable for revenge, but I'm saying there are people who feel Clinton was hunted down on this thing by Ken Starr relentlessly, and to now see similar charges brushed off by the same people is frustrating. If the arguement is that sexual charges should be looked into no matter what political party is involved, than they should be investigating these charges. But it seems like the Republicans get yet another pass on a serious charge.

Furthermore:
I think taking the oath of office is just as binding as swearing to tell the truth in court. That's why I take Bush's lies seriously. And I take them more seriously than Clinton's because the difference between a blowjob and a war are pretty big in my opinion.

And no, I'm not saying Clinton's lie is excusable. I thought it was a terrible thing when it happened. I'm saying Bush's lies have more dire consequences.

Dreadsox said:
Not my point. President Clinton was in court because of a trial.

It is questionable as to whether he belonged "on trial" to begin with. In the case of Andrew Johnson, the only other president to be impeached, he was being tried for a law imposed by the 3/4+ Republican Congress (to be fair, though, this is before the "switch" during the Grant era, where liberal and conservatives switched sides) that was later declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

As we can see, however, "impeachment" has rather turned into a political game.

Melon

I do not feel it was a political game. There were enough democrats for it that it passed.

If it were political he would have been found guilty during the trial portion of impeachment.

Back
Top Bottom